Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite "Final Fantasy" Game
Someone can add a poll if they want...
there's only 50 of em so I didn't want to fool with it lol

I recently started to go back and run through em again and can't really pick out a favorite.

Any more nerds on here have a favorite?
The one with Blitz Ball is the bomb.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
10. Story was great and the graphics on the PS2 (at the time) were incredible.
4, 6, 7, 8, 10 have me torn at the moment.

The series really went downhill after 10...
The best thing about these games was always the story line and the additional side-quests that you could get wild stuff by completing...

but they keep getting more and more linear and I can't stand the fighting on the newer games.

I always liked the turn-based RPG battles where you had to see what you enemies were capable of and actually think to beat them - but that isn't case for some of the newer ones.

In FF tactics you had to plan your attacks and even movements for all of your party members (that's also a fun little game if no one has played it)
I was always a fan of super mario brothers myself lol.

Nothing beats a super nintendo
As far as the more recent FF games, 10 was good but 12 was amazing. The storyline for it had me engrossed right from the beginning. It did introduce a new system for fighting enounters, but it worked well. All in all a great game.

I am playing 13 right now but it definitely seems like a step down so far. I hate the fighting system, it's like it does all the work for you. Not enough strategy involved. Plus, the storyline is completely nonsensical.

Another question should be: What was your favorite combination to play with on the original, NES Final Fantasy? For me, it was a fighter and 3 red mages.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:As far as the more recent FF games, 10 was good but 12 was amazing. The storyline for it had me engrossed right from the beginning. It did introduce a new system for fighting enounters, but it worked well. All in all a great game.

I am playing 13 right now but it definitely seems like a step down so far. I hate the fighting system, it's like it does all the work for you. Not enough strategy involved. Plus, the storyline is completely nonsensical.

Another question should be: What was your favorite combination to play with on the original, NES Final Fantasy? For me, it was a fighter and 3 red mages.

2 Fighters, Black Mage, White Mage
I also beat the game once with 3 Fighters and a White Mage....
some times you would go in an just rape anything and other times you barely scraped by.
7 all the way. X or 10 is a close one though.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

“it was a tough one, but we’re the real blue.” Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

"This is MY state!" Anthony Davis
zaga_fan Wrote:2 Fighters, Black Mage, White Mage
I also beat the game once with 3 Fighters and a White Mage....
some times you would go in an just rape anything and other times you barely scraped by.

Honestly, using 4 red mages was the best combination. It allowed you to do pretty much everything you wanted all game long. The only downside was that without a fighter, you had no one that could use the XCalber late in the game. As a completionist, that always bugged me.

I also beat it with 4 fighters. Doing that you could really beat the tar out of everything, but you had to carry around a ton of potions...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Amun-Ra Wrote:7 all the way. X or 10 is a close one though.

I tried to play 7, and just lost interest about a third of the way through it. 10 was very good though.

Did you ever play 12?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:I tried to play 7, and just lost interest about a third of the way through it. 10 was very good though.

Did you ever play 12?

12 was okay but I'm just a tad too old school for it lol
More Cowbell Wrote:Honestly, using 4 red mages was the best combination. It allowed you to do pretty much everything you wanted all game long. The only downside was that without a fighter, you had no one that could use the XCalber late in the game. As a completionist, that always bugged me.

I also beat it with 4 fighters. Doing that you could really beat the tar out of everything, but you had to carry around a ton of potions...

I didn't like using red mages (for the most part).
I loved how they can do a little bit of everything, but I hated that they weren't really awesome at any one thing. I guess I just wanted some variety lol

When I first played it I always kept one in my party though.
Final Fantasy IV, I originally played it on SNES as Final Fantasy II as a kid growing up. Learning that there was more Final Fantasies out there besides 1,2, and 3.... then 7 came out... Woah? Wheres 4, 5, and 6??? Always confused me until the internet finally showed up and told everyone that hadn't released the real Final Fantasy 2, 3, and 5!!
They are pretty great games too btw, Final Fantasy III NES is where the combat system really started to shine better and of course the job classes. 7 Was great FF8 and FF9... I didn't care to much for. FF X was awesome.. I tried Final Fantasy 11 hated it, Final Fantasy 12 was pretty fun, Final Fantasy 13 I can't stand, its pretty terrible, I hate the combat system... I didn't feel connected with the characters at all. Final Fantasy 14... just no.

I hope the next one released is a classic like the older final fantasies but the turn-basted combat system is almost something that is in the past.

Also Final Fantasy Tactics is one of the best games ever made. If you like RTS Turn Based games you can't go wrong with the older Vandal Hearts either.