Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duke vs. Kentucky
Stardust Wrote:If we give up 28 Offensive Rebounds and have to rely on Polson as being our best PG tomorrow night, the Cats will get buried.

God forbid that Mason Plumlee is the best player in the paint.

Mason Plumlee would have difficulty being the best player in a
Mason Plumlee solo basketball drill
Observing Wrote:Mason Plumlee would have difficulty being the best player in a
Mason Plumlee solo basketball drill

[Image: http://www.michellehenry.fr/dogbarking.jpg]
Duke is a 2 point favorite over Kentucky according to Vegas
Strikeout King Wrote:Duke is a 2 point favorite over Kentucky according to Vegas

If I had been betting I would certainly have taken the 16 with
Maryland, and I'd take the 2 with UK. 16 was just ridiculous
for such an inexperienced team's first night out, and against solid
competition. But Puke by 2 is kind of silly as well. They have to
rely on UK beating themselves(which of course might happen)
but who wants to give points on the weaker team?
Kentucky-70
Duke-65
If we don't rebound it'll be a long night in Atlanta
"Kentucky Football needs to be and will be a championship contender in the SEC."- Mitch Barnhart
Stop the 3 stop duke. Way it always has been with coach k. We all know a coach cal team will play d. I see know problem in this one. Cats by 10
I got so disgusted watching the Maryland game that I turned off the TV.
Some of these recruits that have been courted and persuaded to play at UK need to step up and play!
I could have rebounded against them the other night!! Duke won't give them a second chance.
Duke-82
UK-74
:Sad04:
^ Hazard fan now?! Say it ain't so King.
Stardust Wrote:If we give up 28 Offensive Rebounds and have to rely on Polson as being our best PG tomorrow night, the Cats will get buried.

God forbid that Mason Plumlee is the best player in the paint.
I agree with you on the rebounding issue, but IMO you are not correct on the PG issue?? Polson is clearly our best option at PG, if you dont believe me just ask Dickie V!! We also have the nations best coach on our bench and a bunch of talent with Kentucky on their jersey!! This game will be a cat/devil fight to the end and dont be surprised if Mr Polson plays a big part in the outcome once again!! Go cats!!
^ LOL, you may be correct, Polson is the best option at PG. Which means, we SUCK at PG. And Dickie V saying that Polson is our best PG just confirms what I just said - we SUCK at PG..... And if Polson is our best option at PG, then he WILL have a big part in the outcome of the game - he will BE THE REASON for the outcome of the game - and that outcome will be a LOSS - if he turns out being the best option at PG!!!

So, if you didn't understand any of what I was saying above - let me be more clear:

It is NOT a good thing if Polson is UK's BEST option at PG!!!!!

And I love Polson, but I love him just like any other "end of the bench player that gets :30 seconds at the end of games" player!
Wildcats must rebound better tonight. I feel that they will and this game goes down to the wire. Kentucky 70-68.
Duke might win this early in the year but come tourney time itll be a different story.
Ryan Harrow did not make the trip - so Polson will be our BEST PG!!!!
outdoorsman43 Wrote:^ Hazard fan now?! Say it ain't so King.

LOL yeah man, started coaching up there this year.
Stardust Wrote:Ryan Harrow did not make the trip - so Polson will be our BEST PG!!!!

This Harrow kid seems to be a bust, and Cal usually knows his pg's. I like the show on ESPN that shows the practice sessions with UK.. It also shows that Harrow won't hustle in practice or do what he is supposed to.. He still has an "I'm going to be a star" attitude..

I don't think Polson is the answer, and I like that he is getting a chance to play, but I don't think we are a championship team with him running the show.
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
crazytaxidriver Wrote:This Harrow kid seems to be a bust, and Cal usually knows his pg's. I like the show on ESPN that shows the practice sessions with UK.. It also shows that Harrow won't hustle in practice or do what he is supposed to.. He still has an "I'm going to be a star" attitude..

I don't think Polson is the answer, and I like that he is getting a chance to play, but I don't think we are a championship team with him running the show.
This does not appear to be a team that is National championship material, but Mr Calapari will get the very best he can out of these guys and that very well may be with Polson at PG. IMO the Polson kid will do an excellent job running the team and will NOT be a weak link, but a very positive and productive link on a pretty good team by mid season. The last time I checked I dont believe having the label "McDonalds All American" was a requirement to be able to play the game and play it well. Give this Polson kid a chance and I believe BBN will learn to love the boy as a person and as a PLAYER!!!
UK by 5
Harrow has played one game and where he was ill and we are already calling him a bust?
king360 Wrote:LOL yeah man, started coaching up there this year.

Ain't it funny how life works? LOL
FBALL Wrote:Harrow has played one game and where he was ill and we are already calling him a bust?

My question exactly. Come on people. :yawn:
crazytaxidriver Wrote:This Harrow kid seems to be a bust, and Cal usually knows his pg's. I like the show on ESPN that shows the practice sessions with UK.. It also shows that Harrow won't hustle in practice or do what he is supposed to.. He still has an "I'm going to be a star" attitude..

One of UK's team managers is a young man that I coached from 3rd grade into HS, and one of my son's best friends. We hear about UK practices, attitudes, and extracurricular activities. He has said since day one of practice that Harrow is the best all-around player on the team. He has not shown any negative attitude, and though he gets himself in Cal's doghouse just like every player, he's not a headcase.

Now, for your comments, I'm not sure I am ready to call him a bust, but I saw the same things as you. I saw a player with talent, but I'm not sure that I saw him push on every play. A kid who is the fastest player on the team did not always appear to be pushing at 100%. Cal seems to think as much of this kid as any he has coached, so I believe the kid has the talent. I think this comes down to whether he can handle the high expectations that Cal puts on his PG's. I look for this kid to be a leader in January, which is the time when it's important.
It's all about getting players and Coach Cal is the man!!
Good God! Stardust is the voice of reason. We are all screwed!
All I hope is that we have improved on rebounds and I think we will be fine! Should be a heck of a game but, we can do it! Cats win it by 2!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
If Kentucky doesn't get something going they are gonna get blown out of this game
wiltjer HAS to get more touches in this game
Lol can't call that 5th foul on plumblee can wex