Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Duke vs. Kentucky
How many ways can you say Duke sucks?
ah boys...
StillHateLaettner Wrote:How many ways can you say Duke sucks?

The man!!!
StillHateLaettner Wrote:How many ways can you say Duke sucks?

I'm liking you already
"Kentucky Football needs to be and will be a championship contender in the SEC."- Mitch Barnhart
^ You like all boys
WideZero Wrote:Since 1980 duke has 4 titles and uk 3. Duke has 11 final fours, while uk has 7. Duke also has a back to back championship! Can Kentucky say that other than the rupp years?

Back up a couple of years to 1978 (why not???) and it's UK 4 Duke 4. Picking and choosing numbers and dates to help with your point of view is easy. You did it.
So, as a UK fan, I'm going make my starting date 1978. By just adding two little years we can make the title score a 4-4 tie.
^
or by addin 50 more we can just say UK 8, Duke 4
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
or by addin 50 more we can just say UK 8, Duke 4

:Thumbs::popcorn:
IMO both teams will get off to sluggish starts, but be primed by NCAA tournament time. Overall all, we have more talent, they have more experience. The difference IMO will be Duke don't have the difference maker that UK has, in Noel.
Or if your going to just pick and choose a shortened time frame for your asinine comparison then I'll take UK the last 2 years...because we all know all that matters is the years you want to compare...well I'll choose the last two years only.
^
If thats the case ill take last year only.
North Carolina sucks.
Duke swallows.
WideRight05 Wrote:^ You like all boys

lol

"ahhh boys"...
WideZero Wrote:Well, Too bad no one can prove me wrong in that duke has had the best program since 1980. You all fear the devils. After all, it's only been ten years since the wildcats wanted anything to do with duke. How do you own a uk fan? Facts....

Fact: Lehigh knocked your ass out of the tourney.
WideZero Wrote:Real Badman, I said since 1980. Duke will pass both programs by the time Coach K retires...

Duke is 119 wins behind UK. If UK stopped playing basketball
today, Duke MIGHT catch UK before K has to retire(dies).
you guys can hate on Duke all ya want but at least duke didnt go through six coaches just to get to a national championship hate on duke all u want till coach call gets over 900 wins wins2 gold medals and 4 national championship then talk but as far as this year i say ky want beat duke at all our defense will eat u guys alive not to mention we have better 3pt shooters then you guys this year......
^
WTF are you talking about. Weve only had around 6 or 7 coaches since Rupp. Rupp, Hall, Pitino, Smith and Calipari have all won titles.
Sutton, and Gillespie did not.

Now how exactly did we have to go threw 6 coaches to get a title?

Glad to know we dont have to worry about your college basketball intelligence.
WideZero Wrote:Since 1980 duke has 4 titles and uk 3. Duke has 11 final fours, while uk has 7. Duke also has a back to back championship! Can Kentucky say that other than the rupp years?

96 97 98 all national title game appearances losing in 97 to Arizona. Tell me does duke have 3 appearances in a row
WideZero Wrote:^ No son. He's thinking about his scoring average in the NBA and setting the scoring record. I hate rivers. Self absorbed, not a team player, glad he is gone and Duke will be better off without him...
You hate the guy who was the only reason you beat UNC this year? I bet you were cheering loud and proud when he made that shot weren't you? Here at UK we don't hate any player that has ever dawned the blue and white. BBN loves all its wildcats.
WideZero Wrote:Well, what do you think of this matchup for the 2012/13 season? Doesn't look like Kentucky returns a lot from their championship team. dUKe on the other hand returns quite a lot. Since everybody here calls us dUKe I'll jump on the wagon. Because either way it still spells DUKE. My devils will take this one by a score of 76-55. Kentucky will be too young, too inexperienced, and my devils will show why we are consistently the premier program in the country unlike Kentucky who has too much turnover on their roster each year...

RIGHT? UK's inexperience will probably allow the dookies to keep
it close, possibly even win. But should they be unfortunate enough
to meet us again come March (assuming of course they can beat
the #13 seed they will play earlier) then they will need to tape
over the DUKE with T-O-A-S-T.
Observing Wrote:RIGHT? UK's inexperience will probably allow the dookies to keep

[Image: https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/image...aXRStZI1Lw]
WideZero Wrote:FBall, I'm yet to see you shoot out a fact that proves Kentucky has been Better than duke. I'm not trying to troll, but I think it's funny how you make these weak ass arguments. But when I throw facts at you, you make excuses and don't back your facts up.

Most all time wins, 8 championships, more players in the NBA than any other school. That enough for you?
DukeFan4life Wrote:you guys can hate on Duke all ya want but at least duke didnt go through six coaches just to get to a national championship hate on duke all u want till coach call gets over 900 wins wins2 gold medals and 4 national championship then talk but as far as this year i say ky want beat duke at all our defense will eat u guys alive not to mention we have better 3pt shooters then you guys this year......

Didn't Kentucky have a coach in the 30's to do all this? Please check my numbers, but Adolph Rupp won 876 games, back when they were playing 20 game schedules. He was won 4 NCAA Championships, 2 Helms Championships, an NIT Title, and appeared in the Championship game with some of the games biggest names in a historic match against UTEP. His entire 1948 championship team made the Olympics, and won them. Also, of those 7 coaches, 5 won NCAA titles. Rupp, Hall, Pitino, Smith, Calipari.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:Most all time wins, 8 championships, more players in the NBA than any other school. That enough for you?

Not that there's anything wrong with putting kids in the NBA,
but if UK had the resume it does without ever putting 1 in
the pros, it would STILL be the best program.
Jumper Dad Wrote:Or if your going to just pick and choose a shortened time frame for your asinine comparison then I'll take UK the last 2 years...because we all know all that matters is the years you want to compare...well I'll choose the last two years only.

Irrespective of time periods, here's another factor. UK
has never won a title when it wasn't one of the best teams
in the country. Duke has 2 title that were totally
dependent upon the best teams having off games
somewhere along the line: UK, Kansas Syracuse in
2010, and Vegas just totaly failing to show up in 1990.
IN each of those years you can't make a rational case
for Duke being one of even the 4 best teams in the
land, let alone the best.
I will be richer after Tuesday!! I have already started making bets on this game and I know that Duke is not going to win this game!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Observing Wrote:RIGHT? UK's inexperience will probably allow the dookies to keep

BOOM goes the dynamite.
I don't see how you can say dUKe is the premier program here. When I hear the word "program" being involved with sports I think over a long period of time, not just since 1980; that's when you guys were put on the map. We've been the premier name on the map since the early 1900s. Duke isn't even in Kentucky's league yet. I was praying we would've played you guys in the tournament last year, that way everybody could watch you get beat by 20+. But you got beat by Lehigh. :biglmao: And this year you return quite a bit from that team? I feel sorry for you guys.

Kentucky
UCLA
Indiana
North Carolina
Kansas

dUKE
If we give up 28 Offensive Rebounds and have to rely on Polson as being our best PG tomorrow night, the Cats will get buried.

God forbid that Mason Plumlee is the best player in the paint.
When i think of Duke vs UK. i always think of the 93 game. one of the best games that i have watch in my life.

with this year game. i would say it will be a toss up. it is early in the year, you just don't know that much about the teams yet.