Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(1) Syracuse 72 - (16) UNC Asheville 65 (NCAA Tournament
Syracuse pulls out a squeaker. They came out flat but was just the better team, that's why they won.

The refs did not win this for them. The lane violation was the correct call. The in bounds call was inexcusable though. It was clearly off the hands of the Orange player. How that ref missed that is beyond me. That call however did not enable Syracuse to win. Had UNC Ashville got the ball there things could have been more intresting but they didn't.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

“it was a tough one, but we’re the real blue.” Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

"This is MY state!" Anthony Davis
What about the goal tending call?
What about it? All it would have done is went to OT. I wouldn't have minded to seen it called so Cuse could have beat them more.....
Strikeout King Wrote:What about the goal tending call?
I did not see that so I can't give an opinion on it. I hope it wasn't as obvious as the goal tending call in the Cuse/WVU game though.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

Overrated Wrote:What about it? All it would have done is went to OT. I wouldn't have minded to seen it called so Cuse could have beat them more.....

LOL so that's why Cuse was having trouble with a 16 seed?
Who won idc if they was playing Riverside Christian, Just tell me who won?

In the NCAA tournament, Do you got to win by a lot to advance? Explain to me please. I must have missed the points spread before you advance.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Syracuse pulls out a squeaker. They came out flat but was just the better team, that's why they won.

The refs did not win this for them. The lane violation was the correct call. The in bounds call was inexcusable though. It was clearly off the hands of the Orange player. How that ref missed that is beyond me. That call however did not enable Syracuse to win. Had UNC Ashville got the ball there things could have been more intresting but they didn't.

Your really gonna say that it was a correct call on the lane violation when the guy they called it on wasn't even in the lane and didn't even cross over into the lane until the ball was coming off the rim

Overrated Wrote:Who won idc if they was playing Riverside Christian, Just tell me who won?

In the NCAA tournament, Do you got to win by a lot to advance? Explain to me please. I must have missed the points spread before you advance.

I already told you who won
Strikeout King Wrote:Your really gonna say that it was a correct call on the lane violation when the guy they called it on wasn't even in the lane and didn't even cross over into the lane until the ball was coming off the rim

I already told you who won
When free throws are attempted anyone who is not lined up around the lane can not go past the free throw line untill the ball hits the rim. The UNC Ash guard clearly violated that. It was the correct call. Plus if you watch the replay, UNC Ash had a guy whose foot was in the lane when the as hte shot was being attempted, so they could have called a violation on him as well.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

People have different views of it. I know facebook people who didn't like it at all
You can always have a different view and people can not like it but it was the correct call. After the game they even had the guy over the refs committe comment on it. I didn't like it either. Came at a bad time for UNC Ash but, it was a violation.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Players off lane must stay behind FT line until ball hits the rim."

"Reggie's thinking NBA rule."
Cuse don't play any better than this they won't get past K-State in the next round
Please PM me and let's make a gamble Cuse beats KSU...Ill bet you anything you want. No points either way. Syracuse will beat KSU...
Overrated Wrote:"Players off lane must stay behind FT line til ball hits the rim."

"Reggie's thinking NBA rule."
That is what the committe person they had said as well. He said that was the violation that was called.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^ was obvious. Come at a bad time for UNC Ash...I still think a foul could have been called on the out of bounds call as well.
I have Syracuse beating KSU. If KSU plays well and Cuse shows any signs of an early struggle like they did tonite, they could get beat.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Overrated Wrote:Please PM me and let's make a gamble Cuse beats KSU...Ill bet you anything you want. No points either way. Syracuse will beat KSU...

Cuse should have blown out UNC Asheville, no way should a 1 seed have trouble with a 16 seed
Overrated Wrote:^ was obvious. Come at a bad time for UNC Ash...I still think a foul could have been called on the out of bounds call as well.
Would have been awful touchy in game like that. It was a free ball, both players had a right to try for it. My whole thing is, it is the NCAA tourney and the refs can not make mistakes like that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Overrated Wrote:OHHHHHHH WAIT. Uk does have 7 right? 5 playing with peach baskets.

You're an idiot if you think you or any other Cuse fan have ANY room to talk shit on Kentucky, about any thing.
[YOUTUBE="jWDZD6N9b1w"]jWDZD6N9b1w[/YOUTUBE]
Cuse definitely won with the help of the refs, theres no doubt about it.
They might have won anyways, but that was some serious bad calls.
Cuse keeps playing like this, we will not have to talk about them next week.
Dude talking in the background is the reason I don't even be serious discussing basketball anymore...A ******* moron.

I like how people just point out the bullshit on Cuse, Melo gets called for goal tending or in the rim 4-6 times a game. Usually only 2 being the right call. But we won't worry about that, Just find the negatives, For a team who lost assistant, Drug test drama, and Most important player, To have only 2 loses is amazing.
There were two horrible calls but if UNCA wanted to win they should have made more shots. Their leading scorer was what? 1-13 from the field? Make some shots and your not in position to blame a bad call.
I think KSU beats the oranges senseless.
One thing can be learned from that game, Syracuse and their fan on BGR's name match up well.

I really would like to know how much the orange paid for that game.
[YOUTUBE="Wp5Jj3iaeEg"]Wp5Jj3iaeEg[/YOUTUBE]
FBALL Wrote:There were two horrible calls but if UNCA wanted to win they should have made more shots. Their leading scorer was what? 1-13 from the field? Make some shots and your not in position to blame a bad call.

SO since he played bad its ok that they get cheated?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:[YOUTUBE="Wp5Jj3iaeEg"]Wp5Jj3iaeEg[/YOUTUBE]

Your not right. lol
NC Ash looked great the entire game today. They shot well besides that one kid that went 1-13. The refs may have stole the game with the out of bounds play and the goaltending, the lane violation was legit I think. Watch it again the guy was clearly inside. On the defense of syracuse, NC Ash, is a legit team. They can shoot, they can rebound, and they can play decent D. I told my dad that it owuld be less than 10 points and also said Lamar would play within 10 of UNC but they already got beat. Comparing WKU to NC-Ash is a joke too. but overrated, you have to give credit where credit is do, the orange got out hustled, outplayed, whatever. they were not the best team today!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
I don't know that UNC-Asheville would have made a three pointer to tie the game, but they sure were screwed out of a chance to even try!