Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Posting & Font question, please help
Hey dudes. I want to change my font from the usual ole shit we all use. I want to use Comic Sans and Arial like I did back in the day. BUT....

I can't like set my account to where it's always in Comic Sans...everytime I go to post in a thread, I have to manually highlight my text, go to Font and click "Comic Sans MS", and then it's set. The thing is, that's a big bitch to have to do everyyyy singllle time I go to make a post. I could live with having to click Font>Comic Sans and then just type my post in Comic Sans, but I can't even do that. Like I said, I have to type my post, then highlight it all, then click Font>Comic Sans...

Is there ANY way I can go to my User CP and set my text to Comic Sans, and then from there on out I'll automatically type in Comic Sans? Or is there ANY OTHER way I can fix it up like that if I can't in User CP..? Would an Admin have to do it or what?

This is my normal way of typing in Comic Sans...it's different, and I like it. Plus it's just dat damn sexy feel me.

And this is the only other I use, Arial. I luh it.

Please help bros, I can't stand this text, and on the few other sports forums I'm on I'm known for my Comic Sans posts, lol, and on days UK plays it's Comic Sans Kentucky blue. I'd really like to be able to do that here on BGR without going through the bitchin' process of typing my complete post out, highlighting it, clicking Font and then choosing "Comic Sans MS"...

Can ANYONE help a brotha out??!
J-Rod might Know. I was wondering the same thing lol
I talked to J-Rod and he said you had to keep changing the fonts every time you wanted to post something
SK, while this suggestion is not quite as good as being able to set a default font, maybe it is a step in the right direction. There is an open source keyboard macro program called AutoHotKey that allows you to assign macro keys to multiple keystrokes.

For example, if you create a macro for the [HTML][/HTML] tags and assign them the keys "zc" then you can do the following:

1. Run your AutoHotKey file, which can be created using Note Pad after installing it. It will remain active until you shut your PC down - you can also configure your pc to run the file on start-up if you want.

2. Create a new, empty post in BGR. Type zc, or whatever keys you want to assign to the font tags, then press Enter to replace the macro keys with the font tags and move the cursor between the tags.

Creating a script file is very simple and a script file can contain as many macros as you want to include. Here is the link to the AutoHotKey website in case you want to give the application a try.

Here is the code for the macro that I described above:

::zc::{Left 7}

This may not be worth the effort just to set the font but there are other uses. When I insert quotes from articles, I like to indent the quoted text and I have been manually inserting the tags after the quotes. Using a macro, I could assign "zq" to automatically insert the indent and quote tags and paste the contents of the clipboard between the tags.
^ Good find Hoot. Thanks
Stardust Wrote:^ Good find Hoot. Thanks
No problem, Dusty, but part of the example script to set a font was not shown because of the php brackets:

[HTML]::zc::{Left 7}[/HTML]

Here is code that will insert the contents of the clipboard into an indented quote box using a blue Comic Sans MS font:

[HTML]::zq::[INDENT]
Quote:
[/INDENT]{Left 24}{Ctrl Down}v{Ctrl Up}[/HTML]
One more try at the second script:

[HTML]::zq::[INDENT]
Quote:
[/INDENT]{Left 32}{Ctrl Down}v{Ctrl Up}[/HTML]