Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville wins 57th District Cheer
People can bitch and cry ALL they want. I have watched it for many, many, many years. I have said they same thing for many, many, many years.

Save the big stuff for the Big Comps and just stick to basics for the Small Tourneys...ie...Districts and Regions.

The more the flare, The easier to error.
Sticking with Basics, Always takes it.

Yeah other squads may have had harder or flashier routines.But, Paintsville did what was required...and done it right. When you do that. That's all you need.

BIG CONGRATS LADY TIGERS!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:People can bitch and cry ALL they want. I have watched it for many, many, many years. I have said they same thing for many, many, many years.

Save the big stuff for the Big Comps and just stick to basics for the Small Tourneys...ie...Districts and Regions.

The more the flare, The easier to error.
Sticking with Basics, Always takes it.

Yeah other squads may have had harder or flashier routines.But, Paintsville did what was required...and done it right. When you do that. That's all you need.

BIG CONGRATS LADY TIGERS!

Well OftheHook, at least you got something right, BASICS, BASICS, BASICS!
And if you honestly watched, the flare did not error. Check out KAPOS in game scoring sheet. There is no score for BASICS!!! Kind of obvious that the last time the district was held at the ville, the out come was the same. I hope that the powers that be, coach and adminstrators can look themselves in the face today, because they could not look people in the eye last night.

Biggest Joke of the week! Everyone in the gym went totally silent. Should tell you something. They never believed that adults would be so obvious! I didn't think they would either. However, people told them that they where going to the ville and they would not win! Thought they handled it with great CLASS! What ever happened to honesty and integrety? No wonder the children of today are the way they are. When adults can't be honest and do the right thing, why would children. Children are the product of their environment.
I didn't see the sheets and don't want to. But, can I ask a question.

Yes it told me something about everyone going quite. They gym was filled with JC and SC fans.

Do they get judge for sidelines also?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Do the girls get judged while on the side lines?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:Do the girls get judged while on the side lines?

Yes they most definitely do. So you say they won on their great difficulty and great execution on the sidelines. But, it is a combination of both floor and sidelines. I guess the other teams had no difficulty on motions or execution there of. Maybe the Breathitt County KAPOS judges can shed some light on this. Can't wait to hear their response. If they say the winner was clearly the winner then I have nothing else to say. But, from past history, I seriously doubt it. Everyone in the 57th knew what was coming. And once again Pville proved everyone RIGHT. Thank you!
Oh yea, one last thing. Not sure your announcer got it right either. He didn't seem to get much right the whole week. I would think you all could do better. He could not read or something. Maybe he read it backwards! HMMMM!
Bubbles Wrote:Yes they most definitely do. So you say they won on their great difficulty and great execution on the sidelines. But, it is a combination of both floor and sidelines. I guess the other teams had no difficulty on motions or execution there of. Maybe the Breathitt County KAPOS judges can shed some light on this. Can't wait to hear their response. If they say the winner was clearly the winner then I have nothing else to say. But, from past history, I seriously doubt it. Everyone in the 57th knew what was coming. And once again Pville proved everyone RIGHT. Thank you!

I DIDN'T say a thing about sidelines. I just asked a question. Because if they do (get judged on the sideline) then maybe you should have controlled your cheerleaders better or teach them how to act. EVERY game I watched. and I watched EVERY game. They ran their mouth at the opposing players while they were trying to bring the ball in bounds. Even saw Justin Johnson exchange words with one last night during the game, and the official even asked her to be quiet. Also saw Sturgill get onto a different one for running her mouth as well.
I don't know if this is what they got deductions for. But, you talked about class act in another thread? That's real classy talking smack and cursing the other team's players during the game. Now YOU can say it don't happen. BUT, I have witnessed it, heard it and also heard players complain about it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
Bubbles Wrote:Oh yea, one last thing. Not sure your announcer got it right either. He didn't seem to get much right the whole week. I would think you all could do better. He could not read or something. Maybe he read it backwards! HMMMM!

YEAH talk about class. That man has been doing it longer than you have been alive. It was checked by Sturgill after the game. I saw her at the stage myself. The people that have been around things understand. If you are digging that LOW. Now I see where your girls get their mouths now. I guess the apple doesn't fall to far from the tree.

I'm done talking to you. Picking on a poor old man who had absolutely NOTHING to do with anything cheer leading. :lame: Enjoy talking with your perfect little self. That'll prolly turn into an argument also...lol.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
Looks as iif Bubbles bubble got busted.
Facts are Facts.

Lawrence County Bulldogs KAPOS State At Large 4th Place
15th Region 1st Place

Sheldon Clark Cardinals 15th Region 1st Place

Johnson Central Eagles 15th Region 1st Place

Paintsville Tigers 57th District 2007 1st Place
57th District 2012 1st Place
57th District 2017 HUMMMMMM!
I guess cheering on your homecourt every five years during the district rotation really brings out the best in them. Go Tigers!
OffTheHook Wrote:I DIDN'T say a thing about sidelines. I just asked a question. Because if they do (get judged on the sideline) then maybe you should have controlled your cheerleaders better or teach them how to act. EVERY game I watched. and I watched EVERY game. They ran their mouth at the opposing players while they were trying to bring the ball in bounds. Even saw Justin Johnson exchange words with one last night during the game, and the official even asked her to be quiet. Also saw Sturgill get onto a different one for running her mouth as well.
I don't know if this is what they got deductions for. But, you talked about class act in another thread? That's real classy talking smack and cursing the other team's players during the game. Now YOU can say it don't happen. BUT, I have witnessed it, heard it and also heard players complain about it.
Yeah, what IS up with that? I've noticed an increase in cheerleaders talking smack to ball players over herein the 59th a little as well. Heck, a young lady from East Ridge was yapping at the ref while he was standing 3 feet away from her over a call. He gave a a stare and she shut up for a while, but my goodness. Players play, coaches coach, cheerleaders cheer. Period. That's the way it should be.
If how they act on the sidelines has anything to do with the score then they got this right. The lack of class shown by JCs cheerleaders in this event was atrocious. And I know Anita Sturgill, and she told me the same thing. They know why they lost, and she was mad at her own girls, not the judges.
JC's "class" has definitely went downhill in the last year or so! Ive seen them personally being rude to other teams (especially Sheldon Clark). I mean c'mon girls, we all do the same sport! Have a little respect. For a team to think they are so godly and to absolutely have no doubt in their mind that someone can beat them is ridiculous. I watched central & paintsville get judged. & i'll admit, thats the best ive ever seen central. but the way they acted when the awards went out makes me glad they didnt win! SPORTSMANSHIP!!!!!!! <GET SOME.
Bubbles Wrote:Yes they most definitely do. So you say they won on their great difficulty and great execution on the sidelines. But, it is a combination of both floor and sidelines. I guess the other teams had no difficulty on motions or execution there of. Maybe the Breathitt County KAPOS judges can shed some light on this. Can't wait to hear their response. If they say the winner was clearly the winner then I have nothing else to say. But, from past history, I seriously doubt it. Everyone in the 57th knew what was coming. And once again Pville proved everyone RIGHT. Thank you!

You had a cheerleader from JC stand over another teams player and taunt him, and another cussed a ref. Same for SC. LCs didnt have much of a chance because they only got two game to cheer in one night. So it was a race between Magoffin and Paintsville. In which Paintsville won. Maybe if the squad you support learned how to act like cheerleaders, and lead cheers instead of taunting players, and cussing refs then they would have won.
Bubbles Wrote:Facts are Facts.

Lawrence County Bulldogs KAPOS State At Large 4th Place
15th Region 1st Place

Sheldon Clark Cardinals 15th Region 1st Place

Johnson Central Eagles 15th Region 1st Place

Paintsville Tigers 57th District 2007 1st Place
57th District 2012 1st Place
57th District 2017 HUMMMMMM!
I guess cheering on your homecourt every five years during the district rotation really brings out the best in them. Go Tigers!

I have no dog in this fight, but if I recall, Districts were held at JCHS in 2011 and who won? That is right, Central.

Everyone needs to quit acting like big babies. It is over and done with. Let those girls enjoy the win, they had nothing to do with the scores. If you don't know how to lose, maybe you shouldn't compete.
Ike Cooter Wrote:I have no dog in this fight, but if I recall, Districts were held at JCHS in 2011 and who won? That is right, Central.

Everyone needs to quit acting like big babies. It is over and done with. Let those girls enjoy the win, they had nothing to do with the scores. If you don't know how to lose, maybe you shouldn't compete.
Correct. Shelby Valley got beat in the first round of the 59th, and their cheerleaders won...while Pikeville (who just won their 5th consecutive state cheerleading championship) placed second in district. Where was the district tourney? Shelby Valley. Consolation prize, I guess? Let it go, Bubbles. Yeah, I wish they picked the best, period, but it looks like a reward to the hosting school. You're coming across as petty.

Congrats to all the girls on a job well done. My daughter used to cheer before deciding to stick with other sports, so I know the effort that goes into it.
BTW What happened to Lawrence County? They are usually a top team & I figured they'd be the team to beat this year with all the young talent!
Especially some special seniors. Oh by the way Bubbles you grapes seem slightly sour. Confusednicker: