Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite First Half Movie, TV Show...
At the midpoint of 2014 what are your favorite movies, tv shows so far this year?

The Goldbergs are our clearcut favorite.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Resurrection is by far my favorite show this year. I cannot wait until the next season starts.
I tried the Goldbergs. I did not like it very much even though I tried really hard to like it since I was a product of the 80's.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jarons Wrote:Resurrection is by far my favorite show this year. I cannot wait until the next season starts.
I tried the Goldbergs. I did not like it very much even though I tried really hard to like it since I was a product of the 80's.

The wife is a big fan of Resurrection. Waiting for an ET or alternative dimension explanation???
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
TV Shows

Orange Is The New Black
True Detective
Game of Thrones

Movies

The Lego Movie
300: Rise of an Empire
Neighbors
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
The Amazing Spider-Man 2
X-Men: Days of the Future Past
Godzilla
Have to agree with the Goldbergs!
Spirit100 Wrote:The wife is a big fan of Resurrection. Waiting for an ET or alternative dimension explanation???

I am expecting something similar to 4400 where they were taken to some alternate universe and dropped back to Earth.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Got sucked into Last Comic Standing the past two weeks. They have some very funny comics in the running this season!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Still enjoying the Goldbergs, The Middle, Modern Family ( Yes Wed. is my big TV night )...the wife has me locked into the Voice on Mondays.

Scorpion isn't half bad. Waiting for the last season of "Justified and Homeland" to be released on Amazon Prime. Once summer baseball starts I won't be watching much of anything!

What are you watching?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
I love Scorpion; also liked The 100. My favorite though has to be Madam Secretary.
Better Call Saul has been a huge surprise, seeing as many spin offs are usually failures, but for this show to be a spin off of one of, if not the greatest show of all time? It's definitely exceeded a lot of expectations.

Also just finished season 3 of House of Cards, it was a good season, but lackluster from the first 2. Seems like all of the characters took a step back from their ruthlessness of the first 2 seasons. Spacey always delivers though, and he still put up a solid character with Underwood.

Currently watching Bloodline, which is a Netflix original. Watched the first 4 episodes, and it's been great so far, somewhat bizarre but a good watch. Plus if you're a fan of Coach Taylor from Friday Night Lights, he stars in this series, but a completely different character than Coach Taylor, a lot of cussing in this show.

I'm more of a TV show buff than movies now a days, I've watched a few good movies here recently though, American Sniper obviously being the best.
I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why, I succeed." -Michael Jordan

"The ceiling is the roof." -Michael Jordan

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-STAT- Wrote:Better Call Saul has been a huge surprise, seeing as many spin offs are usually failures, but for this show to be a spin off of one of, if not the greatest show of all time? It's definitely exceeded a lot of expectations.

Also just finished season 3 of House of Cards, it was a good season, but lackluster from the first 2. Seems like all of the characters took a step back from their ruthlessness of the first 2 seasons. Spacey always delivers though, and he still put up a solid character with Underwood.

Currently watching Bloodline, which is a Netflix original. Watched the first 4 episodes, and it's been great so far, somewhat bizarre but a good watch. Plus if you're a fan of Coach Taylor from Friday Night Lights, he stars in this series, but a completely different character than Coach Taylor, a lot of cussing in this show.

I'm more of a TV show buff than movies now a days, I've watched a few good movies here recently though, American Sniper obviously being the best.

Have watched as much "House of Cards" as Amazon has updated....Spacey is a good actor. But Forrest Gumps Gal continues to impress! :Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
Mr. Pike Central Wrote:TV Shows

Orange Is The New Black
True Detective
Game of Thrones

Movies

The Lego Movie
300: Rise of an Empire
Neighbors
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
The Amazing Spider-Man 2
X-Men: Days of the Future Past
Godzilla

Compared to the first 300 movie I thought it was not that great. Had a pretty dumb ending.
Cable wise "Sirens" and " An Idiot Abroad " are funny as heck...

Blacklist

The Middle

The Goldbergs

Modern Family

Bluebloods continue to impress!

I will watch the occasional "Shark Tank" episode...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
"Hector and the Search for Happiness" - good film based on where you're at in your journey!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi