Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KHSAA trying to do away with KYMSFA?
footballfever Wrote:9th grade has the lowest gpa, most missed classes, majority of failing grades and the most behavioral referrals of any other high school grade level. 9th grade also has the highest enrollment of any high school grade, mainly due to the fact 22% repeat 9th grade.
Imo these things happen because kids/students are not mature enough to handle the pressures put on them. Holding kids back an extra year is good for them academically,socially, emotionally, athletically and for their all around well being.

let me guess where you are from ...lets see ...bell or pulaski counties would be my guess how many none athletes are held back there ...i'm just spitballing here...but i bet it isn't many
Middle Schools want it both ways, though. They don't want the KHSAA to have any control over the middle schools but they want to reserve the right for middle school basketball players to be permitted to play KHSAA high school level. Maybe the KHSAA should change their rules to say middle school kids can't play high school basketball since they're not controlled by the KHSAA.

Of course, I realize this discussion is about football, but I thought I'd put a basketball angle to it. There's a lot of players that play on both middle and high school teams. Richie Farmer played in the state tournament as an 8th grader (and with a 5 o'clock shadow beard, lol).
DOUGHDADDY Wrote:let me guess where you are from ...lets see ...bell or pulaski counties would be my guess how many none athletes are held back there ...i'm just spitballing here...but i bet it isn't many

Once again, another of your famous comments whining. Dude like I said, 99.9% of your comments is whining about hold backs. You like to start it up, but don't like to discuss it. You make cheap comments and say you don't wish to discuss it further, then bail. If you can't take it, don't dish it. It's that simple.
lookayanner Wrote:middle schools want it both ways, though. They don't want the khsaa to have any control over the middle schools but they want to reserve the right for middle school basketball players to be permitted to play khsaa high school level. Maybe the khsaa should change their rules to say middle school kids can't play high school basketball since they're not controlled by the khsaa.

Of course, i realize this discussion is about football, but i thought i'd put a basketball angle to it. There's a lot of players that play on both middle and high school teams. Richie farmer played in the state tournament as an 8th grader (and with a 5 o'clock shadow beard, lol).

and now richie is a complete disgrace so whats your point
DOUGHDADDY Wrote:and now richie is a complete disgrace so whats your point

I'm guessing its impossible for you to make a comment on here without being a smart***. But to back up Richie, he did attend the KBA state basketball tournament this weekend to support his son. That tells me that outside of his questionable career decisions, he's a pretty good dad. On the other hand, we were up there watching some games and we saw a team warming up and preparing to take the floor against a team who signed up to play, but never showed up. Who was the team who didn't show? The Farnsley Wildcats. Making a commitment to play and not following through. Some people would call that a "disgrace."
Just let the kids play!
wildcat18 Wrote:i'm guessing its impossible for you to make a comment on here without being a smart***. But to back up richie, he did attend the kba state basketball tournament this weekend to support his son. That tells me that outside of his questionable career decisions, he's a pretty good dad. On the other hand, we were up there watching some games and we saw a team warming up and preparing to take the floor against a team who signed up to play, but never showed up. Who was the team who didn't show? The farnsley wildcats. Making a commitment to play and not following through. Some people would call that a "disgrace."

if you keep this up you are gonna hurt my feelings...you know how sensitive i am
Got this from the High School Wrestling site today.

http://www.kentucky.com/2012/02/28/20880...ation.html
http://www.lrc.ky.gov/record/12RS/HC155.htm

The Kentucky Middle School Football Association supports HCR 155 in an effort to educate everyone on the different needs of middle school athletics and continue the effort to improve middle school football in the Commonwealth. A special thanks for Representative Damron in reviewing the issue and proposing the formation of a task force, as well as Representative Steve Riggs and Representative Dennis Keene who are sponsors. The Association would also like to thank Senator Dan Seum who has been a big supporter and attended the state championship.
KYMSFA Wrote:http://www.lrc.ky.gov/record/12RS/HC155.htm

The Kentucky Middle School Football Association supports HCR 155 in an effort to educate everyone on the different needs of middle school athletics and continue the effort to improve middle school football in the Commonwealth. A special thanks for Representative Damron in reviewing the issue and proposing the formation of a task force, as well as Representative Steve Riggs and Representative Dennis Keene who are sponsors. The Association would also like to thank Senator Dan Seum who has been a big supporter and attended the state championship.

WHAT??? Legislation involving sports? I'm sorry but that's impossible, you will never hear those two words together in our lifetime.:eyeroll:
Are you one of the best 101 middle school players in the country?? If you're going to be in 8th grade or younger (NEXT season) I want YOU to fill out an Elite 101 nomination form. The top 101 will be showcased on Youth1.com

https://adobeformscentral.com/?f=W0YSEzaVdRhgU9tnKApIxQ
Saw where the Gov. Signed HCR 155 the other day. http://www.lrc.ky.gov/record/12RS/HC155.htm
I believe that the KHSAA will take over. It would add a seemless transition as KHSAA already has a board and would just adopt all bylaws to the middle school level. A fee would be paid to the KHSAA to participate in the league. The recommendation board will act as a board just like the KHSAA but will report to them. This is nothing more than speculation.
HKC#59 Wrote:I know the team my son play's for when it come's to Heat Index and if they will practice or not come's from the High School Coach and AD, which come and measure the temp on field an air temp. If the high school ain't practicing neither is the middle school. They spent a few hot day's in the ac gym with just helmets on.

Same in our county. The middle school coach has a heat index gauge, but he works closely with the high school coach.
^
Im just curious to know how many times a year schools cancel practice because of heat?
When i was in school, a little over 10 years ago, we hardly got water breaks, much less days off because it was hot. It reached a 100 degrees multiple times in the summer of 98 and 00, and we practiced as usual and everybody was okay, with a water break about every 45 minutes to an hour.
Since this rule was put into to place, how many ties have schools cancelled practice?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Im just curious to know how many times a year schools cancel practice because of heat?
When i was in school, a little over 10 years ago, we hardly got water breaks, much less days off because it was hot. It reached a 100 degrees multiple times in the summer of 98 and 00, and we practiced as usual and everybody was okay, with a water break about every 45 minutes to an hour.
Since this rule was put into to place, how many ties have schools cancelled practice?

I know some schools 'move inside' instead of cancelling. So players are to bring gym shoes to practice on days where the heat may be too high.

I believe a major change is the use of artificial turf fields. These fields are great for much greater use but they do have a downside - heat.

Being artificial and most (if not all) have black colored ground rubber base that heats up faster and holds the day time heat - even into the early evening. The heat index on turf field may be 10-20 degrees higher than an adjacent natural field. So when schools practice on turf they need to be measuring heat indexes more often and sooner than natural fields.
Most Interesting Thread... I think that the debate over Concussion safety is going to heat up and overtake all of our best laid plans. Please keep this thread rolling as new facts come to light.