Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KHSAA trying to do away with KYMSFA?
footballfever Wrote:i kind of disagree with you. If a student turns 15 after starting 8th grade then they are within age requirements. It doesnt matter if they start 1st grade at age 7 or decide to holdback 3rd, 6th, 7th, 8th grade. All parents have option to start at age 7 or holdback at some point. Parents also have option to not holdback or start at age 7.kirk herbstreit turned 19 in august of his senor year so he started at 7 or was heldback. All students arent going to become herbsteits but just because a student graduates at 17,18 or 19 doesnt mean anything other than they graduated within they age limit. My child will turn 19 at end senior year. Very good student and athlete. That is 4 years away but i right now am glad they will be in my house following my rules 1 more year and not on some college campus just turning 18 not know what is going on.
Holding back, starting late, graduating at 19 my not be for all kids, parents but i dont think anyone shoud begrudge others who do it.
I still do think if khsaa has any say they will not allow a holdback to play during the repeat year. They do not allow it now in hs athletics.
and let me guess where you are from ......bell county maybe.... Hold back city
DOUGHDADDY Wrote:and let me guess where you are from ......bell county maybe.... Hold back city

No.. I have family and friends that attend Williamsburg and Whitley County and have also been a teacher/coach for many many years.
I personaaly have NO problem with ANY parent doing what they think is best for their child even if I don't agree with it.
Bluegrasscard Wrote:Its a 501©3, thus the obvious answer is yes. Member schools likely request some level of this information all the time.

I am associated with 2 member schools and I know they have NEVER received any information on finances. Also if KHSAA ledger can be made public why can't the KYMSFA make theirs public? I mean it is a 501©3.
footballfever Wrote:I am associated with 2 member schools and I know they have NEVER received any information on finances. Also if KHSAA ledger can be made public why can't the KYMSFA make theirs public? I mean it is a 501©3.

For those challenging footballfever, your digging yourself a hole.
Fever is VERY knowledgable about athletics, especially middle school athletics.
If he says it, you can take it to the bank that its the truth. As for the above quoted, he's 100% correct on that as well. I dont know about Wburg, but i know Whitley has never recieved any info on the finances.
As for the money issue disscussed on here I don't care, but the safety of the young athlete in our county the HS and MS AD are one and the same for middle school football we abide by the same rules HS does already, regarding heat index charts for every game, and practice sessions. To be able to coach we have to take heat illness traing same as HS coaches, first aid, cpr, teacher/coaching class, and back ground checks just like HS coaches.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I think it should be one game a week, either on thursday or saturday. Never both, as i seen some teams do this year playing a game on thursday then playing one two days later on saturday.
I dont care how many weeks they play, IMO that doesnt matter, but it should always only be 1 game per week.
If the KYMSFA had to adhere to one game a week they would not be able to host the tournament.
^
Why host it?
Make teams travel to higher seeds field to play them until the championship game.
They can put on just the championship games.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I think it should be one game a week, either on thursday or saturday. Never both, as i seen some teams do this year playing a game on thursday then playing one two days later on saturday.
I dont care how many weeks they play, IMO that doesnt matter, but it should always only be 1 game per week.

So I guess in your eyes high players that play Freshman or JV or both should not be able to play both or get to play any varsity ball?? Get real!!!!
Also I guess I wasn't just trying to star crap when I started the "KHSAA trying to do away with KMSFA thread" was I??::notworthy:notworthy
snapcat91 Wrote:So I guess in your eyes high players that play Freshman or JV or both should not be able to play both or get to play any varsity ball?? Get real!!!!
Also I guess I wasn't just trying to star crap when I started the "KHSAA trying to do away with KMSFA thread" was I??::notworthy:notworthy

And just as your last thread, your making yourself look stupid again...

If you go back and actually read the post i clearly stated that 14 and 15 year old boys heal quickly and can play as many games a week as they want and be okay. (something you obviously didnt read)

Also in the post you quoted, i was simply referring to the fact that IF the law junkies or whoever want to see less games played theres no problem with just limiting to one game a week and just play 14 or 15 weeks like the high school does.

And youve just made the point that High School players play two or three times a week and just like in your first post, youve been compring middle school and high school football which is exactly what we are trying NOT to do. They have absoloutly NOTHING to do with each other at this time.

And anybody that starts a thread by saying "now, im not trying to start crap" is always full of shit and trying to start crap BTW.
Read the post before you post....
Evidently you are unable to comprehend or are to stupid to understand you say or read!!
Go back and read your statement and you'll see you clearly said "they should play once a week no matter how many weeks they play." Also you are the one who is always on here with the smart___ attitude trying to point out how smart you are when actually you're an IDIOT!!! Say what you mean!!
snapcat91 Wrote:Evidently you are unable to comprehend or are to stupid to understand you say or read!!
Go back and read your statement and you'll see you clearly said "they should play once a week no matter how many weeks they play." Also you are the one who is always on here with the smart___ attitude trying to point out how smart you are when actually you're an IDIOT!!! Say what you mean!!

And you have failed at making an even somewhat decent statement.
Keep posting, i assure you that your looking smarter and smarter by using the choice of words that you are. Its obvious you just skimmed over my last post again as well.

Please keep posting, i love seeing ignorance in full bloom.....

Oh and FYI, name calling is against the rules and you could find yourself on the end of a ban for it....
Gut, which part of the above statement is it that says you're for mor than one game a week??
snapcat91 Wrote:So I guess in your eyes high players that play Freshman or JV or both should not be able to play both or get to play any varsity ball?? Get real!!!!

. This is your statement. Read it. It says 1 game per week!!!!
snapcat91 Wrote:. This is your statement. Read it. It says 1 game per week!!!!

I understand you have a hard time reading.
Its okay, sometimes public schools fail people, like in your case.
Im going to post this ONE time so that you can understand what i was trying to say. Its quoting myself over an earlier post. The post you referred to is me talking about something completely different as i was answering someone elses post.
IF you still do not understand feel free to P.M. me and will work on your ABC's this week.

RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I dont understand this to many games crap.
Youve got 13-14 year old kids who are full of energy and heal quickly playing one game a week for about 14 or 15 weeks.
I dont understand what tackett is thinking. Besdies, the safety issues could be set by the KMSFA.
If this is going to be the case, than we should also cut basketball and baseball games by a third to.

Hopefully some kind of lightbulb will go off in that head of yours. However if it doesnt, as i said, P.M. me and we will have a reading lesson.
I agree with 1 game a week limit. These kids are hitters who don't need full contact action that often. Football is at an intersection where equipment has gotten so good it makes a good weapon but not good enough to prevent a concussion. That risk should be managed with fewer games. 10 regular season and a playoff system with no more that 4 games to crown a Champ.
Its out of hand. Believe me when I say this. The KHSAA or some entity needs to get a hold of this. These middle school programs are going year round with some sort of 7 on 7 or all american game its to much. If nothing else it is another reason kids are not playing more than 1 sport. I know several kids that did not play middle school football because they missed summer 7 on 7. They felt like they would have been behind when the season started,and you know what they were. Middle school sports should be about 4 things. #1 Building interest and excitement in football. #2 Developing a fundamental skill foundation to build on. #3 Getting the kids to continue on to High School #4 Having fun!. Thats it. Winning and losing at this stage however important these coaches and parents think. is not important. You have no idea what kind of an athlete a kid may develop into until they are 16 or 17 years old.I have seen several good athletes that matured late which most kids do, that gave up football because they were lost in the shuffle in 7th or 8th grade. I will go a step further and would like to see contact football done away with until 7th grade. Play flag develop skills and the understanding of the game. I have seen kids that cant run a straight line trying to carry pads. They are looking through the ear hole for granny in the stands,they take a lick from a big boy from the blind side and they are hurt. They never come back to play, Daddy didnt see it he was playing golf or at the lake, momma says no more, and they are onto another sport.
^
At the same time though, you have baseball teams that play in AAU ball and summer and fall leagues, if your going to cut football short, its only fair you cut all the baseball crap out as well, but i do agree there doing ro much.
One game a week for 15 weeks. Just like high school. Thats the fix.
Here is the fix......IT'S CALLED AN EDUCATION. We parents and coaches sometimes forget about that don't we? Here is what most coaches and parents sound like; Coach: Boy when Little Johnny was in the 7th grade he hit this kid so hard he was out for 5 games. Teacher: Where is Little Johnny now? Coach: Well, I really don't know he dropped out of high school when he was a jr. Teacher: Huh, so SPORTS ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN EDUCATION? Coach: Did I tell you about the time we won 15 of 16 games?

This makes me very upset with the sports from middle school down. We encourage kids to hold back, to some degree can help, but really how many of the hold backs will it help IN THE FUTURE? Yeah, not many.
"One game a week for (15) weeks"?! You really think playing a (15) game season is the "fix"?
So if you start practice in middle of July (which is pushing it anyway) and games start a month later (again, pushing it) the season ends after Thanksgiving (or the beginning of December) for Middle School kids?
Wow. I call that a "problem"- not a "fix".
b1gblu3sports Wrote:Here is the fix......IT'S CALLED AN EDUCATION. We parents and coaches sometimes forget about that don't we? Here is what most coaches and parents sound like; Coach: Boy when Little Johnny was in the 7th grade he hit this kid so hard he was out for 5 games. Teacher: Where is Little Johnny now? Coach: Well, I really don't know he dropped out of high school when he was a jr. Teacher: Huh, so SPORTS ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN EDUCATION? Coach: Did I tell you about the time we won 15 of 16 games?

This makes me very upset with the sports from middle school down. We encourage kids to hold back, to some degree can help, but really how many of the hold backs will it help IN THE FUTURE? Yeah, not many.

9th grade has the lowest GPA, most missed classes, majority of failing grades and the most behavioral referrals of any other high school grade level. 9th grade also has the highest enrollment of any high school grade, mainly due to the fact 22% repeat 9th grade.
IMO these things happen because kids/students are not mature enough to handle the pressures put on them. Holding kids back an extra year is good for them academically,socially, emotionally, athletically and for their all around well being.
b1gblu3sports Wrote:Here is the fix......IT'S CALLED AN EDUCATION. We parents and coaches sometimes forget about that don't we? Here is what most coaches and parents sound like; Coach: Boy when Little Johnny was in the 7th grade he hit this kid so hard he was out for 5 games. Teacher: Where is Little Johnny now? Coach: Well, I really don't know he dropped out of high school when he was a jr. Teacher: Huh, so SPORTS ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN EDUCATION? Coach: Did I tell you about the time we won 15 of 16 games?

Quit giving me this education bull shit.
Were not here to discuss the GPA of holdbacks.
Holdbacks are legal, so why bitch about it?
If you dont like the way things are run, you could always move out of state.
bluedad1 Wrote:"One game a week for (15) weeks"?! You really think playing a (15) game season is the "fix"?
So if you start practice in middle of July (which is pushing it anyway) and games start a month later (again, pushing it) the season ends after Thanksgiving (or the beginning of December) for Middle School kids?
Wow. I call that a "problem"- not a "fix".

Yes, just like high school, whats the problem?
You start practicing in mid july and wrap up the season around Thanksgiving.
Basketball could run from decemeber to march.

I dont see the problem other than your a biased person with ignorant ramblings that solve or prove anything.
Uh huh- clearly I'M the ignorant one. Tell you what Einstein- let me know when the KYMSFA decides to create a (15) game season for everyone- clearly you know something they don't about what middle school kids can handle.
Oh- and I'm sure the middle school basketball coaches across the state will positively love the idea of starting their season in December.
If anything- the "fix" is shortening an already too long season.
I agree with the baseball concern and I have a basketball concern aswell.Im a football guy.I think its all out of hand. But the point I was trying to convey was, with football going so long at the middle school level it is an easy choice for kids to give it up. You can deal with a longer baseball season and basketball as opposed to football. 10 to 12 games a year including playoffs then cut it off. no more than 4 days a week practice including games. These boys need to get rest and concentrate on academics.I have been around it a long time and have never seen a kid miss a game or practice because of homework. Academics is always pushed to the back of the line. The kids stay up late to get get homework done and they are worn out the whole week.
OK here is what I know for sure I think:biggrin: At the KYMSFA meeting the enrollment numbers were set at D1 236 up, D2 161-235, D3 under 161. 10 game limit. $250 membership with no sponsor for playoffs. 36 teams make playoffs. Top 28 with 4 play-in games.Oct 9 play-in. Oct 13 1st round. Nov 3-4 Championship.
1 school made motion that player CANNOT play during holdback year and it was 2nd by another school. This will be left up to member school vote.
MTNS RULE Wrote:I agree with the baseball concern and I have a basketball concern aswell.Im a football guy.I think its all out of hand. But the point I was trying to convey was, with football going so long at the middle school level it is an easy choice for kids to give it up. You can deal with a longer baseball season and basketball as opposed to football. 10 to 12 games a year including playoffs then cut it off. no more than 4 days a week practice including games. These boys need to get rest and concentrate on academics.I have been around it a long time and have never seen a kid miss a game or practice because of homework. Academics is always pushed to the back of the line. The kids stay up late to get get homework done and they are worn out the whole week.

Its called building character.
MANY kids have done it and progressed fine with there academics.
You have to do it in high school.
I understand the argument for academics and I agree. Academics should be #1 priority. With all that said, I have seen kids who are not interested in any other sports except football who would not even pick up a pencil if they didn't have football pushing them to keep their grades up. I know to be a part of our team you have to keep grades up, as I'm sure other schools do as well.
Academics should be #1 and well said Wildcat18 sometimes kids need sports to stay focused on school. But I'm going to go back to the number of games played. Obviously there is a point when it is too much but I can't see how you put an actual # value on it. Some smaller schools may not have as many kids on a team, and when you line up in practice you can't put a fromidable opposing team out there to challenge your starters, therefore at a point in your season after you've run fundamentals into the ground you have to challenge the kids. Alot of bigger schools who have good numbers can have beneficial practice times whereas others cannot. Also the multiple contact stuff in a week is bogus and I'll tell you why. At say Belfry for instance on the high school level, during the week when you have say a defensive day on Tuesday, then turn around and do Offense on Wed., then have your game on Fri. You've had 3 contact days that week, and trust me that Belfry's second team would probably be the third or fourth best team their starters would face all year. There may not be as much contact on that Tuesday or Wed as compared to Friday, but trust me there is plenty enough to know you've done some hitting. My point is there is no black and white answer to the question.
footballfever Wrote:OK here is what I know for sure I think:biggrin: At the KYMSFA meeting the enrollment numbers were set at D1 236 up, D2 161-235, D3 under 161. 10 game limit. $250 membership with no sponsor for playoffs. 36 teams make playoffs. Top 28 with 4 play-in games.Oct 9 play-in. Oct 13 1st round. Nov 3-4 Championship.
1 school made motion that player CANNOT play during holdback year and it was 2nd by another school. This will be left up to member school vote.

From just reading this kind of quickly, I believe this is all correct.

Would also include that the entire financial record was presented and discussed.

Thank you for posting this brief!
KMSFA2 Wrote:From just reading this kind of quickly, I believe this is all correct.

Would also include that the entire financial record was presented and discussed.

Thank you for posting this brief!

Thanks, I honestly try to keep the the post on track. Is there any way the financial report could be seen or posted?