Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(3) Kentucky 69 - (4) Louisville 62
I was in the Erruption Zone for this game, atmosphere was good but refs killed it at times. Was still crazy when that final buzzard sounded. Go Cats!!
Spud6 Wrote:Did you tell him that we would like to see a couple more wins?

lol, yeah really..
MKG makes basketball look like the single funnest thing in the world. I love the passion and enthusiasm he plays with. When he is knocking down shots like he was yesterday he is clearly the best player in the country.
My thoughts on the game....
MKG is a man child- enough said! If Jones played with half the heart of this guy he would be amazing...UK fans thank god for MKG today!
davis- His numbers were good in the end. But if im not mistaken davis didnt even score and had like 4 rebounds until dieng picked up his 3rd foul and had to sit... So i was satisfied with Diengs performance on my teams behalf.
Siva- Showed his inconsistency today
Kuric- Im gonna have to give UK credit on this, there gameplan was succeded in shutting him out.
Behannan- Well he didnt deserve a technical i didnt think and after that his game was all down hill
Jones- No show! this guy is gonna turn out to be a flop
russ Smith- WOW! This kid is a 2 star recruit and he is living the dreams as of late! played a great game and he is a great athlete
Lamb- not really impressed with in this game, but not taking anything away from him it was just UL's game plan to take him out.

The Refs in the game- Im not and cant blame anything on the refs. I felt there was some questionable calls and no calls but it was both ways, not all one sided. Sure UK got some calls but thats the beauty of Homecourt. Some calls were touchy but thats a rivalry game adn refs keeping the physical game under control.

Free throws is what killed UL. Not only that they shot poorly but UK shot a hell of alot more of them, and surpsrisingly Uk made a good percentage of them.
It was a great game to watch and Im completely satisfied with the outcome. I dont think I talked any trash to anybody about this game. If I did it was just fun and games. If it was at the YUM i would have, but at Rupp the game was I expected. told my dad and everybody UK by 5 so i was close.
Congrats to UK on the win and hope you never ever win another game! Big Grin haha
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
^
Good post ville.
I cant really disagree with anything you said.
Jones is a flop? lololol...why? Because of a couple of bad games? Because he didn't come out and score against UofL? Good lord...
Offensively I didn't think Jones was that good, however defensively he did very, very well.

I think he played a difference in the game.
Davis had no chance to put up any numbers in the 1st half with 2 quick fouls so it's hard to say Dieng did a good job on him. On the other hand, Davis put up most of his numbers with Dieng on the bench so it goes both ways.
J-Rod Wrote:Offensively I didn't think Jones was that good, however defensively he did very, very well.

Agreed.
J-Rod Wrote:Offensively I didn't think Jones was that good, however defensively he did very, very well.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
vundy33 Wrote:Jones is a flop? lololol...why? Because of a couple of bad games? Because he didn't come out and score against UofL? Good lord...

He isnt showing up against the better opponents is what I was meaning. Notice I said in the first part of my post, If jones played with the heart of MKG he would be unbeleivebale! Jones could be one of the most talented players int he coutnry but because his attitude, selfishness, been a flop, which ever one you want to call it. one or more of those reason is holding the kid back from been an all american right now
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Davis had no chance to put up any numbers in the 1st half with 2 quick fouls so it's hard to say Dieng did a good job on him. On the other hand, Davis put up most of his numbers with Dieng on the bench so it goes both ways.

My point, I was taking anything from davis and his performance. davis isa great player and seems likea great person but I feel that Dieng did a great job on him while Dieng was on the floor. same goes with UK and kuric. IMO Kuric is one of the most underrated players in america and UK held him down tonight. Thats just giving props to the teamS defense.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:This should have been a 40 point blowout.
As suspected, Lville is overrated and will falter late this season.
Davis second half performance was phenomenal.
MKG is the best thing since sliced bread. Period. He's gone next year.
Even with us playing horribly, we still should have won by about 20 but lville threw up some junk at the end of the game after UK had done packed it in.
I expect there to be a lot of talk about the officiating after that many fouls, but honestly, most of the fouls they called were legit and with lvilles style of pressure, its easy to pick up fouls, especially with refs who like the whistle like we had today.
It wasnt pretty and we should have played better but were still damn good.

Long story short, were still undefeated at home, were the best team in the country, regardlesss of stupid rankings, and yes we will get better.

The foul spread wasnt that big of a difference I dont think. it was just every foul UK ended up at teh line for FT's. I dont agree with allt eh fouls been legit. I felt there was some very questionable calls taht was called or let go. but thats a rivalry game. the ref has a job to keep the anger down to avoid altercation. You are correct with louisvilles style and the fouls. Thats gonna happen when you scrap for the ball and press alot.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
^ I had no issue with all the fouls with how aggressive both teams played on defense. You knew going in that the refs were informed of the sensitivity of games like this after what we saw with UK/X. It was hard for either team to get into a flow at the beginning of the game, but the tone was definitely set. There was no chance that game was going to get out of hand with how it was handled.
theVILLE Wrote:My thoughts on the game....
MKG is a man child- enough said! If Jones played with half the heart of this guy he would be amazing...UK fans thank god for MKG today!
davis- His numbers were good in the end. But if im not mistaken davis didnt even score and had like 4 rebounds until dieng picked up his 3rd foul and had to sit... So i was satisfied with Diengs performance on my teams behalf.
Siva- Showed his inconsistency today
Kuric- Im gonna have to give UK credit on this, there gameplan was succeded in shutting him out.
Behannan- Well he didnt deserve a technical i didnt think and after that his game was all down hill
Jones- No show! this guy is gonna turn out to be a flop
russ Smith- WOW! This kid is a 2 star recruit and he is living the dreams as of late! played a great game and he is a great athlete
Lamb- not really impressed with in this game, but not taking anything away from him it was just UL's game plan to take him out.

The Refs in the game- Im not and cant blame anything on the refs. I felt there was some questionable calls and no calls but it was both ways, not all one sided. Sure UK got some calls but thats the beauty of Homecourt. Some calls were touchy but thats a rivalry game adn refs keeping the physical game under control.

Free throws is what killed UL. Not only that they shot poorly but UK shot a hell of alot more of them, and surpsrisingly Uk made a good percentage of them.
It was a great game to watch and Im completely satisfied with the outcome. I dont think I talked any trash to anybody about this game. If I did it was just fun and games. If it was at the YUM i would have, but at Rupp the game was I expected. told my dad and everybody UK by 5 so i was close.
Congrats to UK on the win and hope you never ever win another game! Big Grin haha

Pretty good post. I'm glad to see that you aren't blaming the refs in this one, like many other U of L fans are doing. I agree with you, the refs were calling a lot, but both teams were very physical, especially Louisville. But then, that's the way Pitino coaches defense. Press a lot, hack at the ball, trade some fouls being called in exchange for forcing turnovers. It's the same way he coached at UK, too.

I do disagree with a couple of your points. I do not think Jones was a "no show". On the contrary, he was very much in the game, hustling a lot and rebounding like a fiend. What is clear, though, is that he has NO confidence in his shot. Even when he shot free throws, it seemed as though he expected that he would miss, which of course he did all four times. Still, he definitely gave good effort, pulling in rebounds and playing good defense. I have no complaints about Jones' game. His confidence in his shot will return when his finger is fully healed, which I expect may take another couple weeks.

As for Davis, I wouldn't say that Dieng shut him down. Really, we don't have much to go on there. Davis got shut out in the first half, but he only played about 5-6 minutes due to foul trouble. Then, when he had a strong second half, Dieng was the one on the bench. They weren't on the court at the same time very much at all.

I must say, Russ Smith impressed me too. He played with confidence and fearlessness, which is the way you have to play against UK if you want to have a chance to win. Plus, he is the best I've ever seen at knocking down garbage 3's with under 5 seconds to go... :biggrin:
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]