Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(3) Kentucky 69 - (4) Louisville 62
MKG 24 Points, 19 Reb

Davis 18 Points, 10 Red, 6 Blocks
Try this again. Its a win.
Anyone else miss the double kwik and big blue commercials. DOUBLE KWIK AND BIG BLUE NUMBER ONE.
MGK was a man today. Where was Terrence Jones again?
Jones played extremely good defense. So I'm happy.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Michael Kidd-Gilchrist should be in the National Player of the Year conversation now. The guy has an incredible motor and he plays his best in the biggest games. Cards simply couldn't generate any offense outside of Russ Smith.
Spud6 Wrote:Cats by 9

Not to far away.

MKG was phenomenal! Defense wins championships!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Jones played extremely good defense. So I'm happy.

Yeah he did. He had some nice rebounds. Offensively, he is just in funk right now. Hopefully, he will get out of it really soon.
Last time I looked Jones had 11 boards. Not bad.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Yeah, Jones played great. Don't always have to have points to make a huge impact.

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist had 24 points and 19 rebs....19 REBOUNDS FOR A 3 GUARD?!! With no turnovers at that! He's just a beast, and definitely a top player in the country. No question about it.
I figured UK would win, but there would be no way I would have taken Kentucky with that point spread against UofL.
Kentucky
Kidd-Gilchrist 24 & 19

Davis 18 & 10, 6 Blocks

Louisville
R. Smith 30 & 5, 3/8 from 3, 3 Steals

Siva 8 & 4, 1 Steal and 1 Block

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=313650096
Both teams sucked shooting the ball. But Cats were able to get to the free throw line and make their free ones.
#BBFL
Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
This should have been a 40 point blowout.
As suspected, Lville is overrated and will falter late this season.
Davis second half performance was phenomenal.
MKG is the best thing since sliced bread. Period. He's gone next year.
Even with us playing horribly, we still should have won by about 20 but lville threw up some junk at the end of the game after UK had done packed it in.
I expect there to be a lot of talk about the officiating after that many fouls, but honestly, most of the fouls they called were legit and with lvilles style of pressure, its easy to pick up fouls, especially with refs who like the whistle like we had today.
It wasnt pretty and we should have played better but were still damn good.

Long story short, were still undefeated at home, were the best team in the country, regardlesss of stupid rankings, and yes we will get better.
MKG the best thing since sliced bread!

Amen to that!!
#BBFL
Officiating was horrible and took both teams out of what they wanted to do. If this is the way they are going to call rivalry games as a result of the UC/Xavier brawl then just quit playing them.

Jones was obviously still nursing that hand even changing over to his right hand around the basket.

I thought Tesgue had a good game as well.
Spud6 Wrote:Both teams sucked shooting the ball. But Cats were able to get to the free throw line and make their free ones.

lol, yeah. We actually shot worse than Louisville. UofL went 20-62 (.323) from the field, while we went 17-57 (.298). Where we made up for that was free throws, and we were finally able to make the majority. We went 32-43 from the free throw line, while Louisville went 18-27.

I know one thing, and it is that these refs suck horribly. They called horrible fouls on both teams..I'm obviously not a mad fan because well, we won, lol..but it was ridiculous, and it gives Louisville a bit of an excuse. But, yeah, the refs sucked, hope they don't call anymore rivalry games this year.
Game "Should" have been over when it was a 15 point differential. Take a 15 point lead into half, the game gets to a 24 point win by the end but being a young team, they let off the gas, and seemed absent minded for the last 8 minutes or so of the first half. We did not play really well but the grinded it out for a great win. TJ still is favoring that pinky finger and it shows on the offense side BUT his defense and rebounding was outstanding! Anthony Davis "post fould trouble" was a his normal monster-self with a 18 points (all second half), 10 boards, and 6 blocks! But the play of Teague really worried me, I hope that he rounds that corner and brings the team to the next level but he struggled.

Really proud of the cats today!!
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I was really impressed with Davis today. He didn't get to play the 1st half hardly because of foul trouble. But that 2nd half he came out and just dominated! He made up for that 1st half foul trouble. Very glad to be a Cats fan!
#BBFL
^
When it comes to important times im gonna look for Lamb to step up and handle the ball at this point just like he did a few times today.
Teague is struggling but hes a freshmen PG who still has a lot to learn. I think Lamb did well handling the ball today and i think we can rely on him at times when teague is struggling.
^Totally agree!
#BBFL
Why is no one talking about MKG's 19 rebs?! That's just crazy! His game definitely made Davis's and everyone else's game look like nothing...
I thought Teague was fine. UK is much better with him on the floor.
OH theVILLE
vundy33 Wrote:Why is no one talking about MKG's 19 rebs?! That's just crazy! His game definitely made Davis's and everyone else's game look like nothing...

His performance gets overlooked by a lot(not me) because of how consistent and the heart and motor he plays with night in and night out. But his 19 rebounds where amazing! And he gets his boards because he goes back to grade school fundamentals. And that's boxing out!!! He don't just try to jump with everyone like most of our players.
#BBFL
Yeah...MKG for President!
vundy33 Wrote:Yeah...MKG for President!

He's my favorite! Since I watched him play in the McDonald's game. In a game where most players just jack around, he worked his butt off! Like always! And I respect that.
#BBFL
MKG is freaking making his name stick out as a potential player of the year! His drive and motor is absolutely amazing and he NEVER takes a play off. Rebound, slash, drive, take contact, and his transitional game makes him one of the most complete players I've ever seen!
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]