Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trading Cards
I collected for about 15 years, and Im looking to sale my entire collection for about 10-15% of beckett value. There are about 12,000 cards with a beckett value of around $11,000. We could meet and go over the collection, double check beckett values as I have most of it cataloged on beckett's website. If anyone would be interested or knows anyone that would be get in touch with me.
Price down to $700
I have about 30K cards, including 7 Fleer Rookie Jordan and 11 Rookie Gretzky. I've just not had the heart to start parting.

I started collecting as a kid, and kept up until about 1990.
Very nice SD, I used to have about the same amount and sold most of the basketball around 2001 or so. I collected football as recently as last year, but they are just gathering dust for me now.\
While still in school in 1982, I had been working odd jobs cutting grass or anything a young teenager could do - all for one purpose - to buy the only set of Topps Basketball cards that I did not own. I did everything I could to scratch up enough to get to that $132 mark to send away and buy the 1969-70 set. Finally after I got the money and made my purchase, I was as happy as could be, but had NOOOOO idea how I would be rewarded

That $132 was well spent. It include the Lew Alcindor Milwaukee Bucks rookie card. I've seen that card alone sell for as much as $7,500. The investments over the years has been better than Gold
I have a lot of cards that I'm wanting to get rid of as well.
I collect vintage baseball cards...if anybody has pre-1980 I would be interested in buying them. Send me a PM a partial list and what your asking for them. Thanks.
Have big collection of cards my grandfather handed down to me, collecting dust in the closet, have no idea what all is there or value. Where would be a good place to get them looked at?
sstack Wrote:Have big collection of cards my grandfather handed down to me, collecting dust in the closet, have no idea what all is there or value. Where would be a good place to get them looked at?

It is more time consuming but placing them on ebay is your best bet to get the most money outside of setting up at a convention. It is also a good place to see what your cards are really worth. I would try selling the more valuable cards individually. You could try selling the commons as a lot on ebay, craigslist, or facebook. A dealer would be a quicker sale but they usually only pay 30-50% of book.
sstack Wrote:Have big collection of cards my grandfather handed down to me, collecting dust in the closet, have no idea what all is there or value. Where would be a good place to get them looked at?

https://www.beckett.com/price-guides Get a Beckett price guide. The only ones really worth collecting are the older pre-1980.