Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fire Tubby Petition (For Real) Here's your chance!
I remember hearing of another website like that...what was it? oh yeah firejoepa.com these experts that posted on this site obviously knew what they were talking about...No one should take those sites serious
Once again all UK has a total of 7 titles in over 100 years so that's less than 7% of the time. Yes I lived the 18 years of no title and I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS WITH TUBBY IT BOILS DOWN TO ONE THING AND ONE THING ONLY for most of the TUBBY HATERS. I LOVE UK AND ALWAYS WILL BUT I DONT GIVE A DAMN IF WE WIN ANOTHER GAME THIS YEAR we would be screwing up to fire TUBBY. Does the name BEAR BRYANT mean anything to anyone. UK screwed him and look what that got us. You talk history then you should know that those that don't know history are doomed to repeat it. I for one don't want to see UK screw another great COACH. If you think the final four makes you one of the great programs then I guess we only have four great programs a year WHATEVER. In the case in football all the teams that went 12-2 or 11-3 really sucked and must have a terrible program since they didn't finish in the top four. ONCE AGAIN UK BASKETBALL FANS = SPOILED!
"CatDawg" Wrote:Once again all UK has a total of 7 titles in over 100 years so that's less than 7% of the time. Yes I lived the 18 years of no title and I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS WITH TUBBY IT BOILS DOWN TO ONE THING AND ONE THING ONLY for most of the TUBBY HATERS. I LOVE UK AND ALWAYS WILL BUT I DONT GIVE A DAMN IF WE WIN ANOTHER GAME THIS YEAR we would be screwing up to fire TUBBY. Does the name BEAR BRYANT mean anything to anyone. UK screwed him and look what that got us. You talk history then you should know that those that don't know history are doomed to repeat it. I for one don't want to see UK screw another great COACH. If you think the final four makes you one of the great programs then I guess we only have four great programs a year WHATEVER. In the case in football all the teams that went 12-2 or 11-3 really sucked and must have a terrible program since they didn't finish in the top four. ONCE AGAIN UK BASKETBALL FANS = SPOILED!

good post catdawg. :Thumbs:
I'm with you guys, I think Tubby should be kept. I've converted over to a U of L fan and I think it would be best for the Cardinals program. They are gaining more and more fans by the minute. Ricky P is the better coach, motivator, and recruiter. I reached my end with Tubster when in a game last year UK was being out rebounded 2 to 1 and he subs in all guards and goes with a smaller lineup and UK is now being out rebounded 3 to 1. :Hammer3: I say UK keeps Tubby a little while longer and maybe they'll start losing to more teams like Vanderbilt ect.... One day Morehead, EKU, and Western will get their chance to storm the floor at RUPP. :moon:

But for real.....................
Good Luck UK :getwell:
"Smackthefloor" Wrote:I'm with you guys, I think Tubby should be kept. I've converted over to a U of L fan and I think it would be best for the Cardinals program. They are gaining more and more fans by the minute. Ricky P is the better coach, motivator, and recruiter. I reached my end with Tubster when in a game last year UK was being out rebounded 2 to 1 and he subs in all guards and goes with a smaller lineup and UK is now being out rebounded 3 to 1. :Hammer3: I say UK keeps Tubby a little while longer and maybe they'll start losing to more teams like Vanderbilt ect.... One day Morehead, EKU, and Western will get their chance to storm the floor at RUPP. :moon:

Now thats some disrespect right there. its a good thing you have no credibility or i might be offended.
"Smackthefloor" Wrote:I'm with you guys, I think Tubby should be kept. I've converted over to a U of L fan and I think it would be best for the Cardinals program. They are gaining more and more fans by the minute. Ricky P is the better coach, motivator, and recruiter. I reached my end with Tubster when in a game last year UK was being out rebounded 2 to 1 and he subs in all guards and goes with a smaller lineup and UK is now being out rebounded 3 to 1. :Hammer3: I say UK keeps Tubby a little while longer and maybe they'll start losing to more teams like Vanderbilt ect.... One day Morehead, EKU, and Western will get their chance to storm the floor at RUPP. :moon:

Yeah how's UL doing this year anyways? Last I checked they weren't even competing with anybody in the BEast.....Last I checked they weren't even slated to make their own conference tournament...And if you check some of Louisville's message boards you'll see they're losing fans becuase of the attitude Rick has had this season, and some of the recruiting he has done...Wow...Being outrebounded 3-1..I didn't know that Smile Maybe I'll start doing what everybody else is doing and just start making stats up like you...
"corndog23" Wrote:is it my fault i wasnt born until 1987??

Absolutely not.....but it is your fault you don't know jack-squat about what REAL UK basketball is all about. You can read every book in the library on basketball, UK in general, and still never know the true meaning of UK Basketball unless you've lived through the Rupp, Hall, Sutton, Pitino, and Smith years. My 'living UK basketball' makes me an expert on this. Your 'reading a bunch of books on UK basketball' makes you qualified to say "Do you want fries with that"?
Oh.....one more thing, corndog

Confusederved:
Smackthefloor.......These same posters who wish Tub would stay another 25 years at UK are the same ones who sit in front of their TVs watching the other top programs play in the Final Four for the championship and haven't a clue why UK isn't playing. Consider yourself above them......which you are.
I definately wont be signing it
If you actually look at the signatures I'd say 20-30% have been rejected or crossed out.
You know, I find it funny that you think an online petition will change the minds of UK's staff.
OK....I've had a bit of fun with some of you and now I'll be honest with you guys. No, I don't think Orlando Tubby Smith should be fired from his head coaching job at the University of Kentucky. That indeed would put another 'black eye' on college basketball's winningest program, but yes, I do think it's time for him to move on.... let me elaborate more about this.

Tubby Smith’s accomplishments at UK are a mixed bag, though impressive if one looks at them from just the right angle like an aged movie star filmed in soft lighting to hide the ravages of time.

Tubby has 1 National Championship and 1 Final Four since succeeding Rick Pitino in 1998. He’s maintained Kentucky’s All Time victory totals, maintained our All Time highest winning percentage, recruited two of our very greatest players in Tayshaun Prince and Chuck Hayes, and generally conducted himself in an exemplarily manner that brings great pride and prestige to our program, and generally Kentucky under Tubby has dominated the SEC in at times a spectacular though ultimately unimpressive fashion since Kentucky has so many SEC Championships that they have the trophies sitting in boxes collecting dust in the bowels of Memorial Coliseum (no joke).

But there are thorns among the roses, and their pricks have been in all the softest places.

We’ve endured a multitude of 10 loss seasons the likes of which have never been witnessed at Kentucky. Embarrassing home losses have been an excruciatingly regular occurrence. We’ve had a lifetime supply of embarrassing difficulties in player/coach and player/player (and player/police) distractions. We’ve had players protest by not shooting the ball, we’ve had players walk out mid-season (some to return and others to never be seen again and a notable one show up at our biggest rival), and we’ve had the coach’s son himself man the PG position in a fiasco that alienated the fan base and drove a wedge through the heart of the fan base that to this day stands unhealed and raw.

But none of these are reasons for Tubby Smith to go. None of them.

Perception.

There exists recurring reasons as to why Kentucky has woefully underperformed on the recruiting trail and it’s been mentioned by several of our highest targets as they announced for other schools (most maddeningly UNC) leaving Kentucky with little more than AA talent in the frontcourt outside the would-be fleeing Randolph Morris.

Recruits don’t like the way we play. Too deliberate. A half court bunch of defensive starless "team players" that diminish the individual in favor of the whole. And they don’t mind saying so.

Kentucky, as it stands now, is on an unsustainable path. If we were a stock we would be vastly overvalued and ripe for bursting. We have a dearth of talent and the right type is not on the way, or worse, not even in sight. We are not popular because Tubby Smith is equated with slow-ball. Pound it inside. You’d think that would attract top post players, wouldn’t you? But it has not. Why? Because there exists and equal and opposite perception (there’s that dirty little word again) that Tubby only uses his big men to set screens from block to block (thanks Michael Bradley) which of course our competition doesn’t mind reinforcing against us.

How successful has it been used against us, you ask? North Carolina alone has snatched away virtually every one of our top frontcourt targets 2 years running. While Georgia Tech, Alabama, and seemingly just about anyone else that desires the same forward as we do.

Our current team is a recruiting disaster. The junior class of Woo, Perry, Alleyne, and Thomas is a complete whiff of epic program busting proportions and our current year’s haul of another 7 footer on the bench and a reserve guard that will never see the light of day have added nothing at a time when help was most desperately needed. To make matters worse, we urgently need help in the frontcourt in the form of a banger and a legitimate 3 while we’ve whiffed on every target in both those categories for at least 2 years in a row (though a case can be made for 4) and only came up with a few more fine guards to compete with our current disgruntled crop, and a thin “defensive stopper” when we really needed an physical enforcer that can also put the ball in the hole down low as we have no muscle at all up front to intimidate interlocutors prancing around in the paint like they were at a beach party.

Kentucky, to survive, must reinvent itself. Kentucky must return to its roots as the premier full court pressing, run and gun, no holds barred “spurtable” program it once was. For God’s sake, “spurtability” was coined in describing 1996 Kentucky.

Sometimes relationships outgrow each other. Sometimes the path of one leads away from the path of another. Tubby needs to go not because he’s done something wrong, he needs to go because we have nothing left for him, and he for us. His time at Kentucky ranks him as worthy of having his name raised to the rafters alongside Pitino’s and I’m sure it will be.

I’m cheating on Kentucky. I’m seeing other coaches. I am an unfaithful fan. I dream of Bruce Pearl or Jay Wright. I want to feel what Tennessee feels this season. I want to stand up and scream and not sit down again until the game is over.

I want…… freedom, Tubby.

Confusedalute:
No were the same ones that have a clue that out of 200 plus basketball teams 4 yes only 4 will be in the final four thats less than 2% of the teams and I know UK has been so great that we should be there every year. Whatever those that think this are the same ones that think their kid should be starting and playing every minute of the tee ball game because my boy is the best. GET A LIFE its a freaking sport and on 1 TEAM will win and all the rest will go out losing in one form or another. Only one school has more championships than UK and they did that in a short period of time and UK has been lucky enough to get 7 but as stated that is over 100 years so no matter whom the coach has been we've finished the season with a loss a whole heck of alot more than we've finished with a championship.

I really feel sorry for some of you because if you always see the glass as being 50% empty instead of 50% full in your normal everyday life I bet your real fun to be around.

One of the biggest complaints about UK is that they haven't been to a final four and yet they were only 1 point away from that last year. Now lets look at Louisville for example they were at the final four just 1 game further than UK and they might not even make the conference tourney so what did that get them other than to end their season 1 week later.
Yeah really...the AD at UK will prolly take your opinion Yellow Snow and decide to fire Tubby...since your such an expert maybe you could have won us a couple of national championship..you think you know this game so well but it is quite possible that you will never see another dynasty in college basketball...how can you blame Tubby for parody??...and you make a great point cat dawg
"Yellow Snow" Wrote:Absolutely not.....but it is your fault you don't know jack-squat about what REAL UK basketball is all about. You can read every book in the library on basketball, UK in general, and still never know the true meaning of UK Basketball unless you've lived through the Rupp, Hall, Sutton, Pitino, and Smith years. My 'living UK basketball' makes me an expert on this. Your 'reading a bunch of books on UK basketball' makes you qualified to say "Do you want fries with that"?

Is that not a contradiction??? am i the only one that sees that as a contradiction??
"alfus21" Wrote:Yeah how's UL doing this year anyways? Last I checked they weren't even competing with anybody in the BEast.....Last I checked they weren't even slated to make their own conference tournament...And if you check some of Louisville's message boards you'll see they're losing fans becuase of the attitude Rick has had this season, and some of the recruiting he has done...Wow...Being outrebounded 3-1..I didn't know that Smile Maybe I'll start doing what everybody else is doing and just start making stats up like you...

Above is the link to the game I'm talking about. I make nothing up. At one point during this game UK was being outrebounded like 14 to 6. Tubby puts 5 guards into the game and the next thing you know UK is being outrebounded like 24 to 9. Not exactually 3 to 1 but well over 2 to 1. I know my facts so guess what:
Confusederved: ...as Toby Keith says, "How do you like me
now" :moon:
"Smackthefloor" Wrote:Above is the link to the game I'm talking about. I make nothing up. At one point during this game UK was being outrebounded like 14 to 6. Tubby puts 5 guards into the game and the next thing you know UK is being outrebounded like 24 to 9. Not exactually 3 to 1 but well over 2 to 1. I know my facts so guess what:
Confusederved: ...as Toby Keith says, "How do you like me
now" :moon:

Last i checked 24 to 9 is not 3 to 1. more like 2.66 to 1. sorry pal, you were wrong.Confusederved:
"Yellow Snow" Wrote:Absolutely not.....but it is your fault you don't know jack-squat about what REAL UK basketball is all about. You can read every book in the library on basketball, UK in general, and still never know the true meaning of UK Basketball unless you've lived through the Rupp, Hall, Sutton, Pitino, and Smith years. My 'living UK basketball' makes me an expert on this. Your 'reading a bunch of books on UK basketball' makes you qualified to say "Do you want fries with that"?
You may have lived it and "THINK" you are a so called expert but that really means nothing. You could have never called yourself a diehard UK fan because a diehard fan never quits there team no matter what. And it makes me sick all of these people who wants a coach who never gets out of the second round of the tourny. And Pitino he has done such an awesome job this year. You might say well this is just one year, but then you would be proving my point eaxactly. Its just one year.:ChairHit:
Since so many people haven't lived through all of those eras I guess no one really knows UK tradition uh? At least not like all those old people who fill up Rupp Arena and just sit there creating a "DEAD" atmosphere which gives us no homecourt advantage. I for one say we would be a lot better off moving them out and putting our students there. As far as the true meaning I don't care how old you are. Doesn't take being 100 years old to know what pride and tradition mean. You don't have to be 100 to know the history and to love your team. People kill me. They think no one under 75 knows anything. Well I for one would love to take a lil quiz with you sometime. :#1: :wenumber1
In my opinion, Tubby has been sliding by on leftovers from Pitino since he took over as head coach of UK. He has never impressed me. Just my opinion. I say let him go and be happy!
[Image: http://home.comcast.net/~shinypants/pics...hables.jpg]

Mind you I didn't create this pic...I got it off another UK chat site. UK Basketball under the Tubster has turned into a national joke, even for many UK fans. Coming up with names like the 'Unwatchables' or Tubby's Tampons (they're only good for one period and have no second string), or the "Unspirables" or tens of others. UK needs a fresh start in the mens basketall program with an energetic young coach who can relate to the fans and players and can acutally get out on the recruiting trail and beat out Roy and K for the top recruits.
"Yellow Snow" Wrote:[Image: http://home.comcast.net/~shinypants/pics...hables.jpg]

Mind you I didn't create this pic...I got it off another UK chat site. UK Basketball under the Tubster has turned into a national joke, even for many UK fans. Coming up with names like the 'Unwatchables' or Tubby's Tampons (they're only good for one period and have no second string), or the "Unspirables" or tens of others. UK needs a fresh start in the mens basketall program with an energetic young coach who can relate to the fans and players and can acutally get out on the recruiting trail and beat out Roy and K for the top recruits.

Did we not just see the human cigar, Preston lemaster score a career high 12 points yesterday?? Brandon Stockton had a career high yesterday. we had 13 players score yesterday. And we won by 40 points. Im not gonna lie, wrong time to put that on here. Better time woulda been during the 3 game losing streak. Thats when that was made i assure you. Bad timing, after a 40 point blowout.
"Yellow Snow" Wrote:[Image: http://home.comcast.net/~shinypants/pics...hables.jpg]

I agree 100%.......the "Tubster" is done.:Wave:
"syoung" Wrote:I agree 100%.......the "Tubster" is done.:Wave:

You guys are ridiculous..One bad season and you throw the book at him...He's still recruiting hard for next season, and things will be fine again...And no Tubster is not done...He's here as long as he pleases...
"corndog23" Wrote:Did we not just see the human cigar, Preston lemaster score a career high 12 points yesterday?? Brandon Stockton had a career high yesterday. we had 13 players score yesterday. And we won by 40 points. Im not gonna lie, wrong time to put that on here. Better time woulda been during the 3 game losing streak. Thats when that was made i assure you. Bad timing, after a 40 point blowout.

Simply amazing......UK beats the worst team in the SEC on their HOME COURT without Ole Miss's best player and these 'young' UK fans think the Wildcats are world beaters. Back years ago before you were born, there would practically be no mention of a victory of this sorts.....it was 'expected'. Tubby has got UK fans to the point that they celebrate victories over weak foes. Like I said, simply amazing.
Corndog.......I noticed in that pic Tubby is holding an extra bag...... Reckon that one's for you?? ......:blabbermo
"Yellow Snow" Wrote:Simply amazing......UK beats the worst team in the SEC on their HOME COURT without Ole Miss's best player and these 'young' UK fans think the Wildcats are world beaters. Back years ago before you were born, there would practically be no mention of a victory of this sorts.....it was 'expected'. Tubby has got UK fans to the point that they celebrate victories over weak foes. Like I said, simply amazing.

NOBODY said they were world beaters...It was just a good performance by the whole team, *except Adam Williams*...Two good wins in a row, and if you don't think beating South Carolina on the road like we did was good then you don't know your basketball at all....Yeah I'm sure this win was expected in Suttons last year and Pitinos first....Schools have down years, and when something positive comes in a down year you take it and run with it...You build off of that momentum and try to finish strong on the season...Call me crazy but I celebrate victories over any 'foe' as a win is a win...I don't know why you wouldn't want to celebrate a win like that...You're simply amazing because you can't get by the fact that Tubby Smith is having a bad season with a very young team..They lost their heart and soul in Chuck Hayes, and lost their leading scorer in Azubuike...Those were 2 of the 3 leading scorers on the team...If you just want to bitch and moan about it, then quit watching them and quit worrying about them until Tubby Smith is gone, because your complaining isn't going to do anything now is it? Be truthful to yourself..Is your bitching going to change the way the A.D. and the UK Administration thinks of Tubby Smith..If you can answer yes to that then you have no business here, because that would be ludacris...Just tell me what you plan to accomplish with all this whining..Seriously, because I've always wondered what Tubby Bashers really plan to accomplish or if they are just really that bored...

One simple solution to your problem..FIND A NEW TEAM TO ROOT FOR BECAUSE TUBBY ISN'T GOING ANYWHERE! :thumb:
"Yellow Snow" Wrote:Simply amazing......UK beats the worst team in the SEC on their HOME COURT without Ole Miss's best player and these 'young' UK fans think the Wildcats are world beaters. Back years ago before you were born, there would practically be no mention of a victory of this sorts.....it was 'expected'. Tubby has got UK fans to the point that they celebrate victories over weak foes. Like I said, simply amazing.

It would be amazing if we only won by 5. we won by 40!! they only scored 40! It may have been expected to win back in your hey day but was it expected that we win by 40?? if we didnt win by 40 was Coach Rupps job on the line?? you my friend are the amazing one.
"alfus21" Wrote:You guys are ridiculous..One bad season and you throw the book at him...He's still recruiting hard for next season, and things will be fine again...And no Tubster is not done...He's here as long as he pleases...

In MY opinion, it has not been just one bad season. Slowly, but surely,the UK team has went down hill. It is an ongoing process. Admit it....Tubby sucks.:baby: