Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fire Tubby Petition (For Real) Here's your chance!
"Yellow Snow" Wrote:Heh....I'll help him move.

Youd probably throw your back out lifting up his coach of the year awards....
Well I signed it to and I totally agree with Yellow Snow. And I dont want Billy D here either. The championship Tubby won is not rightfully his, he won that with Ricks boys. And the recruits he brought in himself wont even listen to him, so apparently they are tired of the way he coaches as well.
UH-OH, we have another Magoffin County sighting!!Smile Smile Smile
"Yellow Snow" Wrote:Heh....I'll help him move.

Wow..Is that the big time substance you're always preaching to me about Smile
"Wildcat_Fan19" Wrote:I reckon Tubby is taking a lot of criticism. My cousin lives in Lexington and she said that people were putting for sale signs in Tubby's yard.

I "reckon" your cousin lied to you too...
"MAGOFFIN_FAN_25" Wrote:Well I signed it to and I totally agree with Yellow Snow. And I dont want Billy D here either. The championship Tubby won is not rightfully his, he won that with Ricks boys. And the recruits he brought in himself wont even listen to him, so apparently they are tired of the way he coaches as well.

Smile Congrats on wasting your time signing that...I honestly can't believe that people sign that thinking it is going to do something...It baffles the mind to even think about that....

Well, Roy Williams' national title isn't rightfully his either then I guess, because he done that with Daugherties' boys...:thumb: Oh wait, UNC fans won't say that, but UK fans can? Makes plenty of sense Smile

Also don't mind the fact that Tubby won that national title after that UK team lost 3 of it's top 4 scorers off of the 97' team in Mercer, Anderson, and Epps...:thumb:
"MAGOFFIN_FAN_25" Wrote:Well I signed it to and I totally agree with Yellow Snow. And I dont want Billy D here either. The championship Tubby won is not rightfully his, he won that with Ricks boys. And the recruits he brought in himself wont even listen to him, so apparently they are tired of the way he coaches as well.

so were you mike hunt, Rick James, or Phil McCrevace??
"corndog23" Wrote:so were you mike hunt, Rick James, or Phil McCrevace??
I think i saw his name on there. think is was Ben Dover
Tubby is the man!!
[quote author=Yellow Snow link=topic=19809.msg193014#msg193014 date=1140635920]
I've already signed it....was one of the first 50 to do so. No doubt Tubby is a great person, but I've had all I want of Tubby ball and inept recruiting. Kentucky is no longer feared among the ranks of college basketball anymore, especially since Tubby took over and to get UK back to that level once again, drastic steps must be taken. No, Tubby won't resign or even go to the NBA. Heck, he can't even deal with the superego's on this squad, let alone the superego's in the NBA. Tub has 5 more years left on his contract. Not sure UK and the great fans of Kentucky basketball can take 5 more years of Tubby ball.

One more thing.....as I converse about UK basketball with many others on several basketball chat sites on the internet, usually the ones who want Tubby to stay are found in the 12 - 21 year old category. These people, to be honest, are absolutely clueless about UK basketball tradition and what it means. Us 'old geezers' who lived and breathed UK basketball for many years just can't put up with Tubby ball and losing. Maybe when these 'young pups' get a little age and intuition about them, they'll realize the damage Tubby Smith has done to the University of Kentucky basketball program. If one remembers correctly, another prestegious basketball program in UNC was going through this same situation a few years back. Did they just quietly sit back and let the coach continue to embarrass the program with 10 - 15 loses per season? Absolutely not. They 'fixed' their problem ( and it was one of their own bretheren that got the axe ) and won a national championship two years later and now have their program back on top with top 10 recruiting classes coming in every year and will more than likely be ranked as the #1 team next season. Does UK have the balls to do something like UNC did? Absolutely not. I rest my case.
[/quote]

I couldn't agree with you more..Tubby's style of play is not traditional big blue basketball...I want to see UK run and gun a little more instead of creeping up like grandma and making poor passes and even poorer shot selection...I am not going to diss tubby all that much though because if you look back at rick pitinos win/loss record it isnt a large margin of difference from tubby...people say tubby won the championship in 98 with pitinos team but atleast he did win it and true blue fans must give credit were credit is due...I do wish that UK would buy out tubby's contract and part ways with him but unless he gets a GREAT offer from the NBA I am prepared to watch tubby drive the cats deeper into the ground for the next five years.
^^^  now there's one smart guy ^^^