Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updated East vs West Rosters
DOUGHDADDY Wrote:i know the mans son and he is exactley right much deserved a true 7 th grader playing center on the 8th grade team and i don't remember any problems with the exchange he keeps his head up and mouth shut honor roll student too i'm proud to let my son line up next to him anytime
My son is true 7th grader that played center for the 8th grade Frankfort Middle School. He was not expecting it but he can't wait, they doing bball to but he ask when is the practice's still in football mode.
DOUGHDADDY Wrote:i know the mans son and he is exactley right much deserved a true 7 th grader playing center on the 8th grade team and i don't remember any problems with the exchange he keeps his head up and mouth shut honor roll student too i'm proud to let my son line up next to him anytime
My son is true 7th grader that played center for the 8th grade Frankfort Middle School. He was not expecting it but he can't wait, they doing bball to but he ask when is the practice's still in football mode. That is for the State 7th grade state team.
I am very satisfied with the players I know and have coached. Some of your guys were on our radar because I scoured them and warned my players about them. I am ready to see some VERY GOOD FOOTBALL
FBfan4life Wrote:The other Lex Cath kids are worthy of of playing all-star ( ie. Jaylen Jones, OL- Carpenter, Jackson TE Letton etc )...but the Mitchell kid? Really? I guess it's not what know, is who you know.

I too understand them having Lexington Catholic kids on the team, but when you look at talent Mitchell is only on the team because his dad is on the board. I understand that Jones and Letton are studs but Mitchell no way. Classic example of blowing your own kids up and your own ego at the same time.
TRUTH! Wrote:I too understand them having Lexington Catholic kids on the team, but when you look at talent Mitchell is only on the team because his dad is on the board. I understand that Jones and Letton are studs but Mitchell no way. Classic example of blowing your own kids up and your own ego at the same time.

Truth or False or whatever your name is, be an ADULT man! You are bashing 12-13 year old kids. Shame on you man. The votes are in the teams are set just let it go man. Keep the kids names out of your posts if they are going to continue to be negative.
Could someone post the players on the kentucky teams please...
BIG RN Wrote:Each kymsfa team is given a form to list players deserving of allstar consideration. Some time is given to get video clip of each player they submit to further each young man's case and allow these officals to make a fair assessment of their skills. I was told that Allstate was for their division and how each performed in the state tournament. The Allstate was not for the body of work for the yr. Some players maybe better in division 1 and some may be better in division 3. Trying to judge how a division 3 is against a division 1 player is ridiculously hard. My son didn't make the Fbu team and I felt that he very well could have but do I blame these officals NO. I realize that my son understands you need to be comfortable in your own skin . FBU ,Team Ky,East,West or other wise. My son will be a better man for what I give him not for which allstar team he does or doesn't make. I played College football and was never given the oppurtunity to middle school ball. Thanks for giving my son an oppurtunity to play at the middle school level and possibly given him the drive to make team Ky next yr.
best post ive seen in awhile.i feel just like you.
im probably not the best judge of talent but if you havent seen zyaire hughes from lone oak play pull up his you tube video. looks pretty good to me. uk,louisville,and murray state have all inquired about him.i wish we could all keep these post positive.it only makes us as parents look bad and the kids get nothing good from it.
I can only be honest about this whole thing. It is all about money and politics. Its a shame that money and hidden agendas rule KY middle school football.
Congrats to all of the players from the Somerset-Pulaski county area!
If only the parents had half as much class as the kids do.
Kymsfa doesn't make much money they are lucky to break even . I realize some things appear unfair but compared to youth leagues this has a whole lot less politics and its not perfect. There are a lot of guys that get noted quicker. This also allows kids to catch up to the kids down south as far as football wise. I also have personally witnessed GPA'S being almost a full grade level higher per player in season as compared to out of season. I personally would not use a kids name on here because I am that dad that would not take kindly to it .
I Rule The World Wrote:Could someone post the players on the kentucky teams please...

I know why they havent posted the rosters because it will show who the coaches favor. Two of the RB's on the roster go to Wesport where their another board member coaches at, and he will be a part of the coaching staff.Then he picked kids that were on the team he coached the year before.

Another thing I foumd out this "Team Ky" isnt playing a "Team Missouri" that was put together like Team Ky. They are playing an ordinary team that resides in Missouri. If thats the case we shouldve sent the entire North Pulaski team down to Frankfort to play because they were the most complete team from KY......
DO you realize there is a lot more talent in this state then what is on the pulasky team
Amen!!
They do not have a clue and they do not get the results at the High School level in Pulaski County. A held back player may be dominant now but they lose that advantage as they get older. THe best football is played in Louisville and Northern Kentucky. The Middle School Association had a tough job putting these teams together and you will see a very good team on the field in a couple of weeks.
Amen!!
Wow some posters have some common sense and know something about football. Last few posts restore my faith in people that post on this forum
Has the schedule for the All-Star weekend been released?
My son recieved an invitation to the All-Star team however he is not listed on the roster. His forms have been faxed in. Please advise. Thanks.
I never said Pulaski was the only area that played great fooball, but dont you think if we play an ordinary team (not one put together) than we should let them play a state champion like N.Pulaski. They won every game and kicked butt in 7 on 7 so I thought they were a logical choice. No knock on Louisville or any other area. Louisville football is alive and well in middle and high school. CAL won D2 title and Trinity is the best team ion the country so dont think I was attacking Louisville.
Truth, you have no idea how close to the facts you are on this issue. If the other posters knew what was really going on they would implode. I know one player on the KY team that was picked before the season even started. His coaches told the Westport coach he was not the best pick (another player from his team was) but they went with him anyway. I believe the East/West coaches could put together a team from their kids and beat team KY just on coaching. Anyway, this happens every year and will continue until politics are left out which will not happer anytime soon
Collin England, 8th grader-Union. WR/RB DE/DB is all-state and on the ky. team...? this list cant be right.
well, someone knows the game. Northern Pulaski was good this year because they had six or seven offensive weapons they could go to and a very good defense. I think the leading rusher had under 600 yards for the season. You can't win championships with one or two weapons. Most of the schools Pulaski played had one or two very good players, heck most schools had one or two players who were much more talented than any Northern player but one or two very good players can't beat 11 decent players. My point is you are right, there are many players who were much better individually but Northern had the best TEAM.
there were 5 kids from union who did not make the state teams who were all state... and from a team who only lost one game and in the last seconds at that.... there are a ton of players who deserve it, but in reality they can only pick 45..so there's a lot of talent left out!!
I know the 7th grade Team Kentucky plays Missouri on Nov.26 but do we kown what weekend the second game will be played? I think we play the winner of Virginia/ Maryland.
I haven't seen an 8th grade list post for ky that had Mr England off or I would agree it would be BE.
TRUTH! Wrote:I too understand them having Lexington Catholic kids on the team, but when you look at talent Mitchell is only on the team because his dad is on the board. I understand that Jones and Letton are studs but Mitchell no way. Classic example of blowing your own kids up and your own ego at the same time.

There is no one on these boards who dislikes Lexington Catholic more than me. That said, there is NO place for personally calling out a middle school football player so negatively on these boards, regardless of the school. Please take it up with your local board member if you have a problem.
KMSFA2 Wrote:Will not be replying any more to this thread.

Do not appreciate having mine, or any other board member's, intergrity challenged by nameless/faceless people.

We use this board to help disseminate information. I made the mistake of trying to explain our positions and answer questions. In turn, there are some who insatiably question any and everything. My answers only prompt them to ask more out-of-left-field questions. I don't have the time to put out those proverbial "fires".

If there is a player's parent or coach who reads this and you have specific questions, please feel free to email one of your board members. My email is listed below.

Congratulations to all of the players who were selected. We look forward to seeing you in Frankfort.

Sincerely and respectfully,

Jeremy T. Bass - KMSFA Vice President
[email]jtbass@kymiddleschoolfootball.com[/email]

Coach J.T. obviously some of these parents and yes maybe some coaches do not appreciate the hard work and dedication it takes to do what you guys do. I coach in the EKC and am very proud of the two kids that were picked off our team. However I am very appreciative of your efforts to give these kids the chance to not only have a state playoff system to compete in, but now they have the opportunity to play on an all-state team with other talented players from around the state. Unfortunately some of these parents are trying a bit too hard to relive their glory years through the eyes of their kids. Even if we didn't have ANY kids chosen, I am VERY appreciative to the entire state kmsfa on what they have done for football in our state. Don't let IDIOT comments from these egotystical, over zealous, parents get you down. Trust me the most important people....the "KIDS" are thankful. I think we ALL should remember that. You can't always make everyone happy. No wonder we have kids that can't handle adversity anymore!! THANK YOU J.T. FOR GIVING THESE KIDS THE CHANCE TO PLAY POST SEASON. People have forgotten we didn't even have this chance a few years ago.
The Truth doesnt lie ! Our all state team is playing a regular team from Missouri.....not thier all state select team. Most state teams will be good teams that raised the money to go. Its better to play than not to play and great for football, but I am expecting a 50 - 0 blowout by half.

And yes ...N. Pulaski could beat the Missouri team.....just as many of our top teams could !
Congrats to the players selected to all teams !