Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All-State/East-West All-Star
If you were named All State and did NOT get selected for the Kentucky 8th grade team, you play in the East/West Game.
These kids are from Johnson Traditional in Jefferson County.
TigerBlues Wrote:Easy there coach

Not a coach.
Watch the playoff games and you'll agree.
I have actually only been to 2 middle school games this entire year.
Chandler Rowe and Donovan Layne from Shelby Valley were told today by their coach that they chosen to play in the East/West game.
Have the players for the East/West game been notified? Is there a list? I know the players who made Team Kentucky have been notified but was wondering about the other list
Hey coach Rowe tell Chandler congrats from me and tj for making the all star team. I also think that TJ DOTSON FROM BELFRY SHOULD BE ON THIS TEAM AS WELL.
Thanks piratefan#2. TJ is a very good player and can play numerous positions. I would have liked to have seen them in the backfield together.
I havent seen Seth Marcum or Steven Little from Adams mentioned as to whether they have made either of these teams. Both of them were game mvp's for the state tournament this year and last year. Both are outstanding on offense and defense. Im starting to get a little concerned about the selection process. Ive seen mentioned of kids making teams who werent starters and teams that im not really sure even played in the tournament. Oh well, just hope these guys made it.
Congratulations to Dalton Frasure from Adams. Another great blackcat football player. Can't wait to see these boys in high school.
Adams wasn't in the finals of the State Tournament, blackcatballer.
TigerFan3 Wrote:Adams wasn't in the finals of the State Tournament, blackcatballer.
Adams played for the region 4 final this year and made it to the semi-finals last year. I believe this was the 1st tournament appearance for paintsville.
TigerFan3 Wrote:Adams wasn't in the finals of the State Tournament, blackcatballer.
By the way, if Adams would have been playing in division 3 like they should have, there's a very good chance that paintsville wouldn't have played in the finals either. Point is, they participated in the tournament and did well the past 2 years.
Tigerfan I don't think blackcatballer said Adams was in the state finals. The point was about what these kids have accomplished. They played in final 4 last yr & the final 8 this yr. That says alot about the kids on that team. Usually if a team has a good run 1 yr the next yr is usually a little down in school sports especially grade school. So if these young men were recognized as MVP s 2 yrs in a row & their team made it that far in the state playoffs that says alot. And congratulations Dalton Frasure on getting the allstate award. Go Blackcats. Congratulations to all the eastern ky players who were recognized for your play this yr.
Baller, go to post 68 and it plainly said MVP in the state tournament. I don't even know the kids he's talking about, but when he questions the selection process because 2 from Adams didn't make it, that sounds like he's taking away from the ones who did.
TigerFan3 Wrote:Baller, go to post 68 and it plainly said MVP in the state tournament. I don't even know the kids he's talking about, but when he questions the selection process because 2 from Adams didn't make it, that sounds like he's taking away from the ones who did.
I clearly said "game MVP's" and did not specify which game. You seem to stick your foot in your mouth all the time. I'm sure there are several kids who are very deserving of their awards and nobody wants to take that away from them. I congratulate the kids from paintsville and feel they were very deserving. You should really mind your own business.
The East and West 7th roster was just released around 300 pm today the 8th rosters have not even been released as of yet .. We dont even know for sure who made it and who didnt yet ...
Sorry to ruffle your feathers, big guy. This is a forum where opinions are stated. And, where facts are shared. Sorry if I stepped on any toes. I just don't like to see the validity of one child's reward questioned because of the outcome of another.
Where do you go to view this?
canoeman06 Wrote:The East and West 7th roster was just released around 300 pm today the 8th rosters have not even been released as of yet .. We dont even know for sure who made it and who didnt yet ...

So noone knows who made the east west or the all kentucky team? Then why is tigerfan3 telling everyone who made it????
canoeman06 Wrote:The East and West 7th roster was just released around 300 pm today the 8th rosters have not even been released as of yet .. We dont even know for sure who made it and who didnt yet ...
where is the list located?
The rosters for the 7th and 8th grade Kentucky teams were included in the email sent to the coaches who had players on the list. I don't know if it's posted yet.
Any update?
tigerfan3 Wrote:no idea who he's talking about and it really doesn't matter. I'm just not a fan of negativity towards kids.

you knew who he was talking about
tigerfan3 Wrote:i said "our coach" meaning my son's coach. He didn't know his son has been chosen until after our ballgames. I don't know who your coach is. That's what i'm saying.

as the kids say "whatever"
lovinit Wrote:anyone know about devin gentry, bradley sanford, hunter crowe or tyler garcia from johnson middle school?? All are 8th graders.

i know tyler is in but believe he is injured ..leg muscle tear great kid though
DOUGHDADDY Wrote:i know tyler is in but believe he is injured ..leg muscle tear great kid though

Tyler Garcia is good to go he ready to show that he should have been on that allstate roster.Tell Preston good job
All the boys from Farnsley good job guys
lovinit Wrote:all the boys from farnsley good job guys

glad tyler is good to go i will see you there
What exactly is the difference between "All State", "East/West", and the "Kentucky Team" as far as the level of talent?
All state is chosen from the tournament. East/West is chosen from the whole association based on highlights etc. All Kentucky was chosen from higlights and talking to coaches. All Kentucky is the biggest honor because they are playing for a chance at a national championship which is believe is played on tv(maybe NBC but not for sure.)

I would say All state is the lesser of the three because you only compete against your division(div 1, div 2 , div3). Still a great honor but not as competitive as the other two. East/West is against the whole state and All Kentucky is the highest honor because it is the kids who are the best of the east west so they put them on their own team to compete for a national title.

This is my understanding it may not be all correct but to the best of my knowledge it is.