Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OFFICIAL 2011 KMSFA Playoff Brackets
CORRECTION - I accidentally uploaded the same brackets.

My apologies.
ballfan87 Wrote:Good luck to the Louisa Middle School Bulldogs against the Paintsville Tigers, they are a tough team..and I really enjoy watching them play.

I don't understand how Louisa is in the Small School Bracket when they draw from 3 different schools, Louisa, Blaine and Fallsburg. Heck, Paintsville's Team has I think 14 kids. That is just about half the boys in the entire Middle School there...lol.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
That situation was reported to us yesterday and is being addressed with their head coach.
^OK, thanks. That's good to know.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
snapcat91 Wrote:All of you should know that Whitley has now been added. Evidently there was a mistake made by the kmsfa. Whitley will be playing Bell Co. in the 1st round.

Thank you.
I told you all they sent everything in.
OffTheHook Wrote:I don't understand how Louisa is in the Small School Bracket when they draw from 3 different schools, Louisa, Blaine and Fallsburg. Heck, Paintsville's Team has I think 14 kids. That is just about half the boys in the entire Middle School there...lol.

I can't answer about Fallsburg. But, Blaine has a team.
After reading the rules, I see why Shelby valley did not qualify. Good luck to all of the teams.
KMSFA2 Wrote:That situation was reported to us yesterday and is being addressed with their head coach.

It was addressed on here more than a month ago. where were you then?
Shouldn't Whitley be playing someone from region 2 ?
I would be glad to be in if I was several. I also figure if u have the best team you play anyone anywhere to prove it
So Whiltys 8th grade is in?
Where is Raceland? Aren't they playing?
Looks like a great field and a very good thing for Middle School Football across the state.
KMSFA2 Wrote:Once again, thes brackets are the most up to date. Also include game times.

@Newjacket - the ENTIRE playoff system (including point system) is available for viewing on our website and is also mailed MULTIPLE times to each member COACH. I am assuming, obviously, that you are NOT a coach?

We certainly welcome any questions or suggestions. However, please understand that this entire association is run by HIGHLY dedicated men and women who volunteer their time and are located all across the state. I have no problem stating that there is not another association for ANY middle school sport in the Commonwealth that works as hard (year round) as the KMSFA. We would love to have someone with the energy and passion that a few of your message board posters have come and assist! Please email me privately so I can get you all networked in!

What is your website and what does me not being a coach matter? Only coaches are allowed to know how the point system works? I certainly appreciate the entire KYMSFA and understand that you and all the volunteers put in a tremendous amount of work and put on a great tournament. If my son wasn't an 8th grader playing in his last middle school games I would love to volunteer to help in any way I could, wish I was aware I could volunteer a couple of years ago. However; I still question how a team can go from a 5 seed to an 8 seed just because another team was added. If the teams were seeded 1-7 before and now Whitley is added as a 5 seed then wouldn't the 5-7 teams just moved down 1 place each instead of N. Laurel being moved to the 8 spot while the 6 & 7 seeds stay the same? By the way, my son does not attend Whitley or N.Laurel. As my name suggest and those that have read my post in the past know, he attends Williamsburg, which has a home game this weekend. I am not concerned with travel issues or any other logistics, I only want to understand the system and want all teams treated fairly, whether I root for them or against them.
Hard work and dedication is rewarded with this opportunity
@ rambait - we were notified by a coach of the situation 3 days ago. That request is being addressed. Not to sound like a smart Alec, but you'll have to forgive us for not checking message boards. We gladly answer to member coaches and administrators. Most often, that communication takes place via email, phone, or in person. Comments by anonymous sources on message boards are not necessarily viable to us. Heck, just read some of the back and forth on here. There's no way we have time to set policy based on what's posted on here.

@ newjacket - our website is http://www.kymiddleschoolfootball.com The rules for membership, playoff system, brackets, volunteer positions, insurance, coaches training, all star games, all state process, contacts, (I hope you are getting the point here) are all plainly laid out there. None of those processes are secrets by any means. We are absolutely transparent as an organization, and that is done purposefully. My comment about you not being a coach was that your questions simply demonstrate that you are not one. Any KMSFA member coach (especially one that even went to the finals last year as Williamsburg did) would know the answers to the questions you were asking.

Again, I say those things as humbly and as sincerely as I possibly can. Should you have any further questions, we will do our best to answer them.

Good luck to all teams and thank you for your support of middle school football here in KY!!
Thanks for posting...actual KYMSA still does not have teams listed
It's very easy to criticize others because of an alleged oversight until one realizes the fairness measures that are in place to ensure equal chances for all. I am currently a coach and was explained fully of how the playoffs work. I appreciate the time and effort each of you have invested in the act of fairness. Thank goodness we don't have q Bowl System to decide it all
KMSFA2 Wrote:@ rambait - we were notified by a coach of the situation 3 days ago. That request is being addressed. Not to sound like a smart Alec, but you'll have to forgive us for not checking message boards. We gladly answer to member coaches and administrators. Most often, that communication takes place via email, phone, or in person. Comments by anonymous sources on message boards are not necessarily viable to us. Heck, just read some of the back and forth on here. There's no way we have time to set policy based on what's posted on here.

@ newjacket - our website is http://www.kymiddleschoolfootball.com The rules for membership, playoff system, brackets, volunteer positions, insurance, coaches training, all star games, all state process, contacts, (I hope you are getting the point here) are all plainly laid out there. None of those processes are secrets by any means. We are absolutely transparent as an organization, and that is done purposefully. My comment about you not being a coach was that your questions simply demonstrate that you are not one. Any KMSFA member coach (especially one that even went to the finals last year as Williamsburg did) would know the answers to the questions you were asking.

Again, I say those things as humbly and as sincerely as I possibly can. Should you have any further questions, we will do our best to answer them.

Good luck to all teams and thank you for your support of middle school football here in KY!!

Again, no answer to my most basic question. How did North go from a 5 seed to an 8 seed? I guess I am supposed to assume the original bracket was incorrect the entire time and they were always the 8 seed and Whitley was always the 5 seed, but if that is the case then why not just come out and say so instead to referring me to your website and giving me the run around while trying to make it sound like I don't have the right to question the fairness of this situation. I suppose in all reality North would rather travel to Knox which is a lot closer for them, but if the brackets are truly seeded then closeness wouldn't matter. I hear our competition in the 1st round is complaining about having to travel to Williamsburg, but if we win, guess where we will be going the next weekend. Travel is always part of the equation when you enter this kind of tournament and shouldn't be a consideration when determining the seeds.
Newjacket Wrote:Again, no answer to my most basic question. How did North go from a 5 seed to an 8 seed? I guess I am supposed to assume the original bracket was incorrect the entire time and they were always the 8 seed and Whitley was always the 5 seed, but if that is the case then why not just come out and say so instead to referring me to your website and giving me the run around while trying to make it sound like I don't have the right to question the fairness of this situation. I suppose in all reality North would rather travel to Knox which is a lot closer for them, but if the brackets are truly seeded then closeness wouldn't matter. I hear our competition in the 1st round is complaining about having to travel to Williamsburg, but if we win, guess where we will be going the next weekend. Travel is always part of the equation when you enter this kind of tournament and shouldn't be a consideration when determining the seeds.

I guess I'm just talking to the wind at this point, but I would still like an answer.
Newjacket Wrote:I guess I'm just talking to the wind at this point, but I would still like an answer.

It was done for travel purposes.
I don't see what the big deal is. It's not a huge change. In the initial bracket you would have played Bell Co. then Knox. Now you play Knox the probably Bell. Either way you were on the road...not a huge change.
khsgamenight Wrote:I don't see what the big deal is. It's not a huge change. In the initial bracket you would have played Bell Co. then Knox. Now you play Knox the probably Bell. Either way you were on the road...not a huge change.

It's not a big deal or at least it wouldn't have been if KMSFA2 had just come out and stated they seeded the teams to cause the least amount of travel as possible instead of implying everything was done on a point system. If everything is as open and above board as he/she states they why not just answer a simple question?
Last reply to you here newjacket. You will NOT question mine or any other member of the KMSFA's integrity any more.

First of all, as I have explained, we use this message board to disseminate information. We do not use it as an open forum to air gripes, answer gripes, or argue gripes. Especially those of Williamsburg fans/parents about the North Laurel team. Coach Carloftis was explained how/why the decision was made. He is obviously fine with it.

Again, this explanation is not necessary. You won't be getting any more. I wish your program much success in the playoffs. If you get to Lexington, please feel free to come up and introduce yourself. I know that in person you will see that all of our board members work tirelessly for ALL middle school athletes in this state, without prejudice or favoritism. I take offense to your insinuation that I, or anyone else on the board, would do something underhanded to ANY team.

My name is Jeremy Bass. I can assure you that ALL KMSFA member coaches know who I am.

I will not be responding to any further critcisms from you.

Again, good luck to Williamsburg.
Good Luck to the Martin County Cardinals
Hope to see them go far. They are a really good team.
KMSFA2 Wrote:Last reply to you here newjacket. You will NOT question mine or any other member of the KMSFA's integrity any more.

First of all, as I have explained, we use this message board to disseminate information. We do not use it as an open forum to air gripes, answer gripes, or argue gripes. Especially those of Williamsburg fans/parents about the North Laurel team. Coach Carloftis was explained how/why the decision was made. He is obviously fine with it.

Again, this explanation is not necessary. You won't be getting any more. I wish your program much success in the playoffs. If you get to Lexington, please feel free to come up and introduce yourself. I know that in person you will see that all of our board members work tirelessly for ALL middle school athletes in this state, without prejudice or favoritism. I take offense to your insinuation that I, or anyone else on the board, would do something underhanded to ANY team.

My name is Jeremy Bass. I can assure you that ALL KMSFA member coaches know who I am.

I will not be responding to any further critcisms from you.

Again, good luck to Williamsburg.

Sorry, I have been out of town for the past few days. Mr. Bass, I believe you are missing the point I am trying to make. If you don't want your or your organizations integrity to be questioned, then don't make decisions that go against the stated rules of your tournament without explaining them to the general public. You can't just say the coaches and teams involved understand. Your decision meant they had less travel so of course they understand If you want your tournament to truly be considered a state championship tournament then you have to set the rules before the season starts and stick with those rules regardless of the circumstances. Just coming on here and saying I don't have the right to question your integrity doesn't mean anything to me or the general public. As they say, actions speak louder than words. The fact that I don't have anything to do with Whitley or N. Laurel doesn't have any bearing on my right to know what is going on with the decisions made and neither does the fact that the teams involved are ok with it. If you would rather me bring up situations with my team then how about explaining why your organization called our AD and tried to get him to agree to change the location of our 1st round game. The posted rules state the higher seeded team gets a play at home on Sat the 15th at 3:00. Nowhere did it say this was unless the lower seeded team didn't want to travel that far. Your answer should have been no right when they asked, instead of trying to get us to agree to it. Now you and/or our opponent have whined until our AD agreed to change the game to Tuesday. This means the winner of our game only has three days to prepare for the next round compared to the other team having a week to prepare. I actually understand our AD's concerns about player safety, but if a team is going to compete in the state tournement, they and their conference know when the playoffs start and shouldn't schedule their tournament that same week. Sorry for being so long winded, but my point is if you want this tournament to be taken seriously, then you need to take it seriously, because there are a lot of middle school parents that really want the title of state champion to mean something.