Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
OFFICIAL 2011 KMSFA Playoff Brackets
Please find attached the OFFICIAL 2011 KMSFA Playoff Brackets.

Game times are as follows -

7th grade must be 1:00
Division 3 must be 3:00
Division 2 must be 5:00
Division 1 must be 7:00
This on Saturday Oct 15

Wednesday Oct 19th
Games should start at 6:30
Good Luck to both Johnson County Teams and Paintsville!!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
good luck to all the teams in the playoffs this year
Farnsley back agian should be in the final four with Northern for sure that will be a heck of a game. Two of the best teams in the playoffs nothing agianist any of the other teams. on the other side Belll, Knox, and Johnson doesnt seem fair that all these teams have to battle it out to make it to the final four. Five of the best teams I have seen in the last two years shame two will be gone before the final four. Just how I see it but in the playoffs anyone can win so good luck and give that bunch from Farnsley some respect good luck :insane:
How does Whitley not even qualify? They finished 9-3 with losses to Bell, Knox and N. Pulaski which are three of the top teams out there and they destroyed N. Laurel and just about every other team they faced. Someone is going to have to explain this points process.
Newjacket Wrote:How does Whitley not even qualify? They finished 9-3 with losses to Bell, Knox and N. Pulaski which are three of the top teams out there and they destroyed N. Laurel and just about every other team they faced. Someone is going to have to explain this points process.

In middle school you don't have to qualify based on a record.. Your coaches have to make your team a member and they have to pay an entry fee.. not sure but think is somewhere around $500
You only pay $50 to be a member. The $500 comes in after you are selected to play in playoffs. Whitley also beat Knox the 2nd time they played this year.
If there not going to set it up like high school.
Its a joke, Im sure there are better teams out there than the ones in.
Just a tupid move not having Whitley in
I thought Shelby Valley was also a member. I agree Whitley should be in. They handled Shelby valley pretty easy even though SV was without their running back and full back. Whitley is very strong in all areas.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:If there not going to set it up like high school.
Its a joke, Im sure there are better teams out there than the ones in.
Just a tupid move not having Whitley in

Its not that easy. If the teams coach doesnt join and send in the required forms and win loss info by the deadline the team isnt considered. If Whitley had that record and submitted the required info they most likely would have qualified but they did not attempt to be included. Sorry
So its not actually a state tournament?
Yes it is a state tournament but the team has to join the association and then follow the required steps to be considered for the post-season. Iits not that hard.. The guys that run this do a GREAT job...
new o Wrote:So its not actually a state tournament?

It is a state tournament. Some schools just make the choice not to participate. It is no different than high schools deciding to drop out of district competition. They still have a season but do not qualify for the playoffs regardless of their record or whom they have defeated.
Its a state tournament for teams that pay. I am sure they do a great job because it seems to be organized. It appears that the coaches have dropped the ball.
Whitley County did join. Sent in ALL things needed. I understand someone has to be left out but 9-3 with wins over Knox,N Laurel, Lex Cath, should be enough
new o Wrote:Its a state tournament for teams that pay. I am sure they do a great job because it seems to be organized. It appears that the coaches have dropped the ball.

50 dollars to join. That is not that much. I can promise you the money is put to great use. Kymsfa puts on all kinds of great events for te middle school kids.
Plus the schools split the gate money unlike the basketball state tourney where the KBA make thousands of dollars.
MR. Slate Wrote:50 dollars to join. That is not that much. I can promise you the money is put to great use. Kymsfa puts on all kinds of great events for te middle school kids.
Plus the schools split the gate money unlike the basketball state tourney where the KBA make thousands of dollars.

:Thumbs: GREAT POST !!!
can't wait to cheer on the northern boys
canoeman06 Wrote:Yes it is a state tournament but the team has to join the association and then follow the required steps to be considered for the post-season. Iits not that hard.. The guys that run this do a GREAT job...
And your obviously one of them.....

I now know for a fact Whitley did send in everything needed to get things going.
It was THERE fault and screw up for not selecting them.
Either set it up to where theres district and regions or go back to conference football only.
This way is retarded.
It's "their" not "there"
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:And your obviously one of them.....

I now know for a fact Whitley did send in everything needed to get things going.
It was THERE fault and screw up for not selecting them.
Either set it up to where theres district and regions or go back to conference football only.
This way is retarded.

He is not one of the people associated with the middle school playoffs. If you "know for sure" that they sent in everything needed then there is only one answer, they did not score enough points to make it above the ones that did. It is based on a point system with more points for beating a division 1 team and a lower amount for a division 2 win and even less for a win against division 3 competition. If you math skills are better than your english then figure it for yourself. The middle school playoffs are the best thing that has happened to middle school football in many years. Keep up the good work guys.
All of you should know that Whitley has now been added. Evidently there was a mistake made by the kmsfa. Whitley will be playing Bell Co. in the 1st round.
So again I ask, how exactly does the point system work as I'm pretty sure wins over N. Laurel and Knox Co among 9 wins would give Whitley more points than some of the teams that did make it.
Good luck to the Louisa Middle School Bulldogs against the Paintsville Tigers, they are a tough team..and I really enjoy watching them play.
Newjacket Wrote:So again I ask, how exactly does the point system work as I'm pretty sure wins over N. Laurel and Knox Co among 9 wins would give Whitley more points than some of the teams that did make it.

Whitley did make the playoffs! They play Bell Co. in the 1st. round. They ended up being a #5 seed.
snapcat91 Wrote:Whitley did make the playoffs! They play Bell Co. in the 1st. round. They ended up being a #5 seed.

So now Whitley is a 5 seed and N. Laurel goes from a 5 seed to an 8 seed?
Newjacket Wrote:So now Whitley is a 5 seed and N. Laurel goes from a 5 seed to an 8 seed?

That is not what the bracket that I printed off says. It has NL playing Bell County as the 5th seed. This is getting REALLY confusing! :HitWall:
Qtr Back Wrote:That is not what the bracket that I printed off says. It has NL playing Bell County as the 5th seed. This is getting REALLY confusing! :HitWall:

That's what I am saying. If N. Laurel was a 5 seed before Whitley was added, shouldn't they now be a 6 seed. I'm beginning to think that this point system no one seems willing to explain is nothing but a smoke screen and the teams are just placed where the bracket makers want them.
Well, I assume it stands as is until someone changes the bracket again??? I have tried to figure this every way & can't get exactly how they draw up this bracket. You may well be 100% right!
Once again, thes brackets are the most up to date. Also include game times.

@Newjacket - the ENTIRE playoff system (including point system) is available for viewing on our website and is also mailed MULTIPLE times to each member COACH. I am assuming, obviously, that you are NOT a coach?

We certainly welcome any questions or suggestions. However, please understand that this entire association is run by HIGHLY dedicated men and women who volunteer their time and are located all across the state. I have no problem stating that there is not another association for ANY middle school sport in the Commonwealth that works as hard (year round) as the KMSFA. We would love to have someone with the energy and passion that a few of your message board posters have come and assist! Please email me privately so I can get you all networked in!