Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Union Raiders=3 different middle schools??
Further evidence that the Union team is a club team and not a school team. They have to pay an hourly rate to use the high school field. The going rate is $100 per hour and the team had to pay a total of $4650 for field use in 2011.
Just so you understand that you are wrong about what you are reporting on here about the cost. Also a ton of middle schools and youht leagues pay to use the high school facilities as well do other outside organization. Most schools with turf use this money to maintain the turf, spray for MRSA and upkeep in facilities in general. Just wanted to make sure you understood how things work.
hardcore1 Wrote:Just so you understand that you are wrong about what you are reporting on here about the cost. Also a ton of middle schools and youht leagues pay to use the high school facilities as well do other outside organization. Most schools with turf use this money to maintain the turf, spray for MRSA and upkeep in facilities in general. Just wanted to make sure you understood how things work.

I'm in no way for or against whatever Union does because I don't know the details. I trust the KYMSFA to make the right judgment on the issue. With that said, this comment irritated me. THE HIGH SCHOOL SHOULD SUPPORT THE MIDDLE SCHOOL. THE MIDDLE SCHOOL SHOULD NOT HAVE TO SUPPORT THE HIGH SCHOOL. PERIOD. Turf or not, middle school paying their own high school to use facilities is unheard of around here. We would have never been as successful as we have been without the support from our high school staff.

On another note, you all are beating the crap out of this dead horse on the Union stuff. Contact your KYMSFA representative if you have issues, hardly anyone takes anything on these boards seriously.
Wildcat18 Wrote:I'm in no way for or against whatever Union does because I don't know the details. I trust the KYMSFA to make the right judgment on the issue. With that said, this comment irritated me. THE HIGH SCHOOL SHOULD SUPPORT THE MIDDLE SCHOOL. THE MIDDLE SCHOOL SHOULD NOT HAVE TO SUPPORT THE HIGH SCHOOL. PERIOD. Turf or not, middle school paying their own high school to use facilities is unheard of around here. We would have never been as successful as we have been without the support from our high school staff.

On another note, you all are beating the crap out of this dead horse on the Union stuff. Contact your KYMSFA representative if you have issues, hardly anyone takes anything on these boards seriously.

I am not saying that a high school should not support the middle school in NO way. I am just stating facts. I think it is great that you and your teams have not had to do this but it does happen in alot of places. Trust me the high school football staff at Ryle does not support anyone being charged to play on their field but most of these decisions usually come from central office not the schools. I am glad my comment irritated you because it irritates me the same way, I think that you should do everything in your power to support your feeder schools and the feeder should do everything they can to run the high school coaches program so that the intities are the same. Please understand I was just stating facts and know that Ryle's football program is in COMPLETE SUPPORT OF THE UNION RAIDERS no matter what the perception is elsewhere about the kids, and them being on the team.
hardcore1 Wrote:Just so you understand that you are wrong about what you are reporting on here about the cost. Also a ton of middle schools and youht leagues pay to use the high school facilities as well do other outside organization. Most schools with turf use this money to maintain the turf, spray for MRSA and upkeep in facilities in general. Just wanted to make sure you understood how things work.

Well, coach I am not wrong or Mr. Turner sends out emails that are incorrect:

Turner, Matthew - Ryle HS Principal [email]matthew.turner@Boone.kyschools.us[/email]

12/5/11

to me, James

The Union Raiders leased the stadium field for 46.5 hours this past season. The total invoice was for $4,650 for the $100/hour usage fee. The Union Raiders have submitted a check for $3,000 and 165 hours of service work for the school made up the difference.

Matt Turner
IAM22 Wrote:Further evidence that the Union team is a club team and not a school team. They have to pay an hourly rate to use the high school field. The going rate is $100 per hour and the team had to pay a total of $4650 for field use in 2011.

We (kenton Co School) have to pay a fee to host games at our main high school. We also have to pay for custodian staff and operations staff to be on site when we host at the high school.

In fact, we have to pay about $75.00 per hour for support staff to host a wrestling event at our own school's gym.

Im not understanding what your statement of "evidence" has anything to do with the matter.
Wildcat18 Wrote:I'm in no way for or against whatever Union does because I don't know the details. I trust the KYMSFA to make the right judgment on the issue. With that said, this comment irritated me. THE HIGH SCHOOL SHOULD SUPPORT THE MIDDLE SCHOOL. THE MIDDLE SCHOOL SHOULD NOT HAVE TO SUPPORT THE HIGH SCHOOL. PERIOD. Turf or not, middle school paying their own high school to use facilities is unheard of around here. We would have never been as successful as we have been without the support from our high school staff.

Have you been to a KYMSFA board meeting? I think they had a meeting this past weekend.
BigBlue12 Wrote:Have you been to a KYMSFA board meeting? I think they had a meeting this past weekend.

I didn't get to attend the meeting/coaching clinic this year because of prior engagements with our basketball team. Myself and our head coach both felt like it was in the best interest of our team to finish out the basketball season and not let our 14 guys down. However, I did get to attend last years. With that said, I can't wait to start football back up!