Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulaski Northern 60- Lex Cath 6 (8th)
Heck- If you're being held back but make good grades, I would fully expect you to make the honor role the next year.
But if you're kid is having academic success at the grade they are supposed to be in, why hold them back?
That's "holding back" their academic and social growth.
Go for it Dad-
Uh,that would be honor 'roll' there, hoss. Anyway, in my case I just didn't start "Little Johnny" in school until holding back would not be an option. That way he gets to stay with his original class all the way through school, if he has any athletic ability he will be near the top of his class age-wise, and if not he will be a little older and hopefully more mature when leaving the nest. What wrong with keeping them home a little longer, especially boys? Very few kids are ready to leave for college at 17.
I would rather see a group of holdbacks that grew up playing together through elementary and middle school than for a school to bring in kids from all over the state for high school. My kid made straight A's before he was held back and we didn't turn off his brain...he is still learning.
bluedad Wrote:Heck- If you're being held back but make good grades, I would fully expect you to make the honor role the next year.
But if you're kid is having academic success at the grade they are supposed to be in, why hold them back?
That's "holding back" their academic and social growth.
Go for it Dad-

So I guess there are thousands of morally corrupt parents out there and only you are correct. It sounds to me like you are one of those that complain that it is costing your kid playing time. I held mine back and it has really helped him. I have seen several kids hold back and not one negative in all of them.
Do you think Elisha Justice would have went to Louisville without holding back. The majority of that team were holdbacks. If you go to Rupp you will find the majority are holdbacks. A year more mental and physical maturity is huge.
I agree with dozerdawg. I have held back my two boys, one of which is not sports oriented but the other is a very good athlete. Both are straight A students and I get to keep both of them home for an extra year.I will also be holding my daughter back. I love my kids and will give them every advantage in life that I can in order for them to be prepared for life.