Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lexington Catholic / Northern pulaski
Close first half with north pulaski pulling away in second half.
Ive seen both play this year and north has more athletes.
Catholic has some nice looking kids... tailback and the 6' plus
Receiver. But they cant play 32 minutes with north. Just my opinion.
Close first half with north pulaski pulling away in second half.
Ive seen both play this year and north has more athletes.
Catholic has some nice looking kids... tailback and the 6' plus
Receiver. But they cant play 32 minutes with north. Just my opinion.
I guess I better get those icepacks???
meat loaf Wrote:Oh they have a little talent, just not anywhere close to northern

Sort of the reverse of the 2 high schools this season. :Thumbs:
I think right now with the hold back player and the physical play of north they will win by 2 touchdowns. Mark my words
I'll go with Northern 30-14.
Norm Peterson Wrote:Sort of the reverse of the 2 high schools this season. :Thumbs:
How about your middle school man up and play, but i guess we all know why.
I'll go with LC 38-24:pondering:
Yes we do know why. We don't like playing our 7&8th grade teams against JV teams. Thats real simple.
meat loaf Wrote:How about your middle school man up and play, but i guess we all know why.

I don't have any control over the middle school.....but it sure was fun to watch the product of that middle school roll all over the Maroons last week--I believe that left our bunch 2-0 against Pulaski in their careers, 4-0 counting middle school. Good luck tonight, I really am for Northern.
Norm Peterson Wrote:I don't have any control over the middle school.....but it sure was fun to watch the product of that middle school roll all over the Maroons last week--I believe that left our bunch 2-0 against Pulaski in their careers, 4-0 counting middle school. Good luck tonight, I really am for Northern.
I dont think so.do you ave any control over the high school playing pulaski and southwestern each yeaif you do it would be nice to get a home game with somerset for once.see what you can do about that since somerset is so good, how about you travel across town one time.
riverdog Wrote:Yes we do know why. We don't like playing our 7&8th grade teams against JV teams. Thats real simple.
really, somerset has done it for years.the whole class that graduated last year were all hold backs.the truth is simple if max dosent think he can win he will not play, been that way all his coaching days.
meat loaf Wrote:I dont think so.do you ave any control over the high school playing pulaski and southwestern each yeaif you do it would be nice to get a home game with somerset for once.see what you can do about that since somerset is so good, how about you travel across town one time.

This year's Briar Jumper team would have beat this year's Maroons team at Somerset, at Pulaski, at Southwestern or on the moon.

If we lose to Pulaski we hear how great the Maroons are, if we beat them we get excuses about injuries or where we play. Talk about needing to man up.
Norm he needs a little wine too go along with his meatloaf.
Norm Peterson Wrote:This year's Briar Jumper team would have beat this year's Maroons team at Somerset, at Pulaski, at Southwestern or on the moon.

If we lose to Pulaski we hear how great the Maroons are, if we beat them we get excuses about injuries or where we play. Talk about needing to man up.
just play every year and see what happens, cobb ran from pulaski during draughn years, just like the middle school does now.
meat loaf Wrote:just play every year and see what happens, cobb ran from pulaski during draughn years, just like the middle school does now.

Cobb's no longer there. All I know is that our bunch never lost to PC in middle school or high school--that includes the best team in Pulaski County High School history. Overall Somerset is 14-6 against the Maroons, enough said. Good luck tonight and with the rest of the season both varsity and middle school.
Norm Peterson Wrote:Cobb's no longer there. All I know is that our bunch never lost to PC in middle school or high school--that includes the best team in Pulaski County High School history. Overall Somerset is 14-6 against the Maroons, enough said. Good luck tonight and with the rest of the season both varsity and middle school.

Your fresh men lost last year as 8th graders .your jv lost last year.pc won in 2007.Like I said play every year, enough said,
meat loaf Wrote:Your fresh men lost last year as 8th graders .your jv lost last year.pc won in 2007.Like I said play every year, enough said,

The group that I've followed through are 4-0 at all levels. Somerset is 14-6 overall against Pulaski, we've beaten them every time we've put the helmets on. My son wasn't part of any of the games that you're talking about--he did however, play a big part in the last 2 Briar Jumpers wins. Go watch him knock Cornett backwards about 3 yards near the Somerset sideline in the 2nd quarter or dominate #58 all night. He graduates after this year,so while I'll still root for Somerset I really don't care who they play. I do know that I'd rather have Robbie Lucas running my program than Johnny Hines. Go ahead and measure yourselves by the Somerset game. You have consistantly come up short there. You have a chance to go to a state finals in the 5A eastern bracket which is the weakest in any class right now. You should be much more worried about measuring your program by the Harlan Black Bears than the Somerset Briar Jumpers.

As for only playing when you think you can win....It seems I remember you coaching the middle school team when last year's seniors beat Northern 50-6 in 2005. Why was it that you didn't want to play them the next season?
Norm Peterson Wrote:The group that I've followed through are 4-0 at all levels. Somerset is 14-6 overall against Pulaski, we've beaten them every time we've put the helmets on. My son wasn't part of any of the games that you're talking about--he did however, play a big part in the last 2 Briar Jumpers wins. Go watch him knock Cornett backwards about 3 yards near the Somerset sideline in the 2nd quarter or dominate #58 all night. He graduates after this year,so while I'll still root for Somerset I really don't care who they play. I do know that I'd rather have Robbie Lucas running my program than Johnny Hines. Go ahead and measure yourselves by the Somerset game. You have consistantly come up short there. You have a chance to go to a state finals in the 5A eastern bracket which is the weakest in any class right now. You should be much more worried about measuring your program by the Harlan Black Bears than the Somerset Briar Jumpers.

As for only playing when you think you can win....It seems I remember you coaching the middle school team when last year's seniors beat Northern 5sinces0-6 in 2005. Why was it that you didn't want to play them the next season?
since you bring up scores I do believe the 8th grade score was 68-8 northern.maybe you should go run a little to burn off some steam.
meat loaf Wrote:since you bring up scores I do believe the 8th grade score was 68-8 northern.maybe you should go run a little to burn off some steam.

Whatever the score of the 8th grade game was that season our 7th grade won by the exact same score. Those 8th graders were gone the next season which is why you didn't want to play.
All seven of them,and 2 of those didnt start.
2nd qtr maroons 24 lex cath 0
Make that 32-0 maroons 8th grade. 1st half
Halftime of 8th grade game... Northern 40-8
I'll start eating my crow
Me too,
congregations young men.