Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 26 Pike Central 14 (8th Grade)
A win is a win, I suppose.

Congrats Panthers.
Panther Thunder Wrote:A win is a win, I suppose.

Congrats Panthers.

Wow, Pikeville played on Saturday, Tuesday and Thursday???
3 games in less than a week is a lot to ask.
Congrats to the Panthers, they must be really tough.

:1:
jetpilot Wrote:Wow, Pikeville played on Saturday, Tuesday and Thursday???
3 games in less than a week is a lot to ask.
Congrats to the Panthers, they must be really tough.

:1:
Got a game Saturday, as well, vs. Ceredo-Kenova @ Raceland.

It has already been a brutal week. I don't know how much they will have left in the tank Saturday after 3 games in 6 days and a 2 hour bus ride at 6 am.

Then the Panthers have until Thursday to rest up for another road trip. This time to Lawrence County.

Tonight was, and I despise making excuses so I won't, but one can see how they could have a let down. BUT, you must overcome that tendancy and dig down and find something even if nothing is there EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. It is the only way to get better. Tonight Pikeville won. But, did they get better? My answer would have to be "No.".
Congrats Panthers
Pikeville Jr. High is knowen for playing too many games in such a short amount of time. I remember playing Allen on a monday, Paintsville on a Wensday, Cancling Brethett on Thursday (which was smart, a team of all hold backs) and then playing Letcher on saturday. It was hard work! But it started a great program! We were the first class under head coach Shane Hensley and i must say hes done a fantastic job! Really building future winners for PHS