Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 36, Shelby Valley 30 (7th & 8th Grade)
Pikeville looked TOUGH tonight. Kinda let things slip late, but from 1-3.5 it was essentially all Pikeville. Credit to SV for battling all night. #40 Rowe is a great player. I have heard he is just coming out this year?

Ryder Johnson had another huge night for Pikeville. The Panther Defense really impressed me for the majority of the night. This will be a great match up late in the year.

Congrats Panthers!
Great game i agree! Alot of turnovers in this one though. Can't wait for the next one. Lets not forget about the QB #5 layne for valley. Had a unreal game. #40 Rowe imo could be the best running back/safety in the county. Even though this is his first year. The kid hads unreal speed and runs hard. And hits with agression. Good game by the panthers. Was really impessed with their D-line. And there RB. can't wait to see the next game.
Rowe played one year of football when he was in the 5th grade and did not play again until this season.He is still learning the game. Hats off to Pikeville. They dominated the line on both ends and had SV well scouted.
Pikeville dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. They looked prepared and well coached. Did nothing fancy or confusing just lined up and ran the ball all over the field. The story of the game for SV was PENALTIES and TURNOVERS. This should be an eye opener for SV. Johnson for Pikeville played an outstanding game he is tough, hard nosed player on both sides. Rowe who has played very little football is going to be great. He was the fastest player on the field last night. As he learns the liitle things about running the ball he is going to get better and better. The future is bright for both of these football teams.
I have to agree.... Pikeville's line looked faster off the ball from start to finish. SV was not ready for this game. They looked flat maybe due to everyone building them up in our community. They needed to get punched in the mouth. Now they will focus and get back to work. They are a much better team then they showed against Pikeville.
Congrats to the Panthers.Preparedness and desire won this game(along with more points).The Valley boys need to re-group,get focussed on their goals,and learn there is more to pride than just saying it.Hopefully they have learned a valuable lesson.
Congrats Panthers!
congrats
sv came out thinking they were better then pikeville (which they are ) and pikeville knew that and they knew that they had to play there best so they did and shelby valley didn't play good at all. Can't wait until next game sv will be prepared
Congrats to the Panthers on a solid win over a very good Shelby Valley team. Hopefully SV will take this loss and learn from it.

Good luck to both teams the rest of the season.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Touchdown Jesus Wrote:sv came out thinking they were better then pikeville (which they are ) and pikeville knew that and they knew that they had to play there best so they did and shelby valley didn't play good at all. Can't wait until next game sv will be prepared
That is AWESOME logic.
Hopefully Pikeville wont have their own refs next time
shelbyvalley02 Wrote:Hopefully Pikeville wont have their own refs next time

Woaahhh now, im the biggest valley fan around. I was at the game and i can personally say that the reffs did a great job. This had nothing to do with the reffs. This has everything to do with pikeville being more mentally prepared. They expected valley to overlook the. They were right. Pikeville hit em in the mouth quick. But one things for sure, i gaurantee anyone on this site, the game will be much different next time around.
Oh the refs that consistently allowed the clock to be stopped late in the game for no reason. The refs that called a 5 yard lateral an incomplete pass and gave Valley 5 downs because they eventually ruled they were wrong and called an inadvertent whistle. Oh, those.
Wow can we think up any more excuses for SV? LOL my favorite is they knew they were better than Pikeville and didn't play hard. LOL please come up with some new ones for the next game.
All i do is win Wrote:Woaahhh now, im the biggest valley fan around. I was at the game and i can personally say that the reffs did a great job. This had nothing to do with the reffs. This has everything to do with pikeville being more mentally prepared. They expected valley to overlook the. They were right. Pikeville hit em in the mouth quick. But one things for sure, i gaurantee anyone on this site, the game will be much different next time around.

Change your handle to All i do is make excuses

Extreme logic.lol!:hilarious:
Congrats Pikeville
Bottom line is Pikeville won and SV lost. The best team won that night.No excuse from this guy. Its SV's job to be prepared to play.....they weren't.
"Adults" arguing over 12 year olds playing football. Classic BGR.
Mr. Onion Head Wrote:"Adults" arguing over 12 year olds playing football. Classic BGR.
"Mr. Onion Head" making an awesome post. Classic Mr. Onion Head.
Panther Thunder Wrote:"Mr. Onion Head" making an awesome post. Classic Mr. Onion Head.
:thatsfunn
Panther Thunder Wrote:"Mr. Onion Head" making an awesome post. Classic Mr. Onion Head.

I understand the arguing in your case though. Hanging around Middle School games is as close to the action that you ever got at Pikeville. Congrats.
Mr. Onion Head Wrote:I understand the arguing in your case though. Hanging around Middle School games is as close to the action that you ever got at Pikeville. Congrats.
If you could only begin to realize the irony of this post.
Good job Pikeville!
jetpilot Wrote:Change your handle to All i do is make excuses

I did not make an excuse? I am on pikeville's side here? But when i said the outcome of the next game will be much different, i meant it. How bout we bet on an avatar change? Cause im pretty confident now that valley got hit in the mouth :please:

That made my life.
The Russell JFL is looking for games on 10/29. We have teams from 2nd to 8th grade. Info is available at russell-jfl.com.