Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BELL 8th grade @ WHITLEY 8/18
Who wins this one ?
Whitley 24
Bell 14
Bell. This is Bell's best team since they went State Runners-Up a few years ago.
Bell County
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Whitley 24
Bell 14

Is whitley that good? This is a tough one to call. Two hard-nosed teams with a lot of talent and pride.
BM82 Wrote:Is whitley that good? This is a tough one to call. Two hard-nosed teams with a lot of talent and pride.

to be honest i have no clue. lol.
Blind guessing. Im sure Bell will come away witht the win, but youll never see me pick them lol.
Ever since Coach Fox left Whitley middle, its kind of been a running joke with some of the guys theyve had in there and how little they know about football.
At one time Whitley middle was one of the best and winningest programs in the state and now there just a year to year average team.
I didnt lose a game both years i played there and was part of the longest winning streak we had there and i dont think they lost for a couple of more years after my class went on to high school.
Bell County nuff said
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:to be honest i have no clue. lol.
Blind guessing. Im sure Bell will come away witht the win, but youll never see me pick them lol.
Ever since Coach Fox left Whitley middle, its kind of been a running joke with some of the guys theyve had in there and how little they know about football.
At one time Whitley middle was one of the best and winningest programs in the state and now there just a year to year average team.
I didnt lose a game both years i played there and was part of the longest winning streak we had there and i dont think they lost for a couple of more years after my class went on to high school.

Coach Fox been coaching at the middle 3 straight years. They are always looking for help. Especially from knowledgeable alumnus like yourself.
footballfever Wrote:Coach Fox been coaching at the middle 3 straight years. They are always looking for help. Especially from knowledgeable alumnus like yourself.

I meant after he left a few years back and left it in the hands of some not so capable gentleman lol.
I love Coach Fox, he might be one of the best minds not only in football but in all of sports. I grew up around his kids and went to school with them and know what kind of man he is. I would move my kid to a different school if i knew he could play for coach fox.
And in all those wins he racked up over the years and undefeated seasons to go along with them, ive never once heard him chew a kid out or curse at anyone.
I would love to get into coaching and i know i could call coach fox up anytime and prolly get some type of midle school gig no matter whos coaching there, but my work limits me from being able to attend games and practices on some weeks so i dont want to rob my self of the experience and half ass it and i dont want to rob middle school kids ofa coach on gamenights when ive been telling them what to do all week long.
Maybe in the future though..
You wouldn't cuss the kids but you will cuss on here??? Somehow that doesn't make sense. Oh by the way, the great Coach Fox lost this week. Guess there is not a new winning streak starting anytime soon.
Copperhead11 Wrote:You wouldn't cuss the kids but you will cuss on here??? Somehow that doesn't make sense. Oh by the way, the great Coach Fox lost this week. Guess there is not a new winning streak starting anytime soon.

First off, what are you talking about, are you high? Where did the cursing comment come from? Did you actually read my post?

Second of all let me apologize to you. Im sorry if i hurt your feeling.
Go to doctor and feel out a hurt feelings report and let me know how it hurts.
Seems like you got a lot of hate for fox. Im assuming you were on the opposite end of a lot of whoopins by him or you wouldnt be hating.
I played 18 games when i was in middle school and won 18 games as many teams under coach fox did.
Its a shame to be that old and still feel the hurt of getting whipped in middle school dont it?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:First off, what are you talking about, are you high? Where did the cursing comment come from? Did you actually read my post?

Second of all let me apologize to you. Im sorry if i hurt your feeling.
Go to doctor and feel out a hurt feelings report and let me know how it hurts.
Seems like you got a lot of hate for fox. Im assuming you were on the opposite end of a lot of whoopins by him or you wouldnt be hating.
I played 18 games when i was in middle school and won 18 games as many teams under coach fox did.
Its a shame to be that old and still feel the hurt of getting whipped in middle school dont it?
I coached against some of Coach fox's teams in the early 2000's and I can say they were very good-we beat them once out of 4 games. I agree with run it up the gut-that the Whitley teams of past were much better than the current version.
meat loaf Wrote:I coached against some of Coach fox's teams in the early 2000's and I can say they were very good-we beat them once out of 4 games. I agree with run it up the gut-that the Whitley teams of past were much better than the current version.

:Thumbs:
You are correct Meatloaf. The middle school had a VERY good team in the early 00s. That was back when Ladale Rider and those boys were growing up and i believe they had around 60 players on the 8th grade team alone that year. If all of those kids would have stuck with with threw high school, that would have been one of the best high school teams to ever come out of the mountains. My little brother was on that team is the reason i know this and he stuck with it, however most of them did not.
And, that year, Whitley beat Bell twice, badly both times. The only team that really gave them a challenge was Mboro who Whitley beat by a TD, the rest were blowouts, and most teams didnt even score on them.
I remember Knox North and Knox South both forfeitted at halftime against them and so did 1 or 2 others but i cant remember who. Undefeated that year and so was the 7th grade that year.