Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Major Edwards Middlesboro Middle School
One of the top 8th graders In the COUNTRY Major Edwards of Middlesboro Middle School will be playing in the Eastbay Youth All-American Bowl on Sunday, Jan. 9, at the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas.

The bowl week consists of practices, a skills competition and break-out sessions with Hall of Famers, as well as current and former NFL stars and celebrities such as legendary high school football coach Herman Boone.

The Youth All-Americans will have VIP access to the U.S. Army All-American Bowl and will also be honored during the game on Saturday, Jan. 8.

Several thousand youth all-stars were nominated for this honor. Athletes had to fill out a nomination form and submit a highlight tape. The selection committee, which consists of Football University’s regional directors and scouts, work year-round with hundreds of local youth football coaches and commissioners who help identify top athletes.

http://www.middlesborodailynews.com/view...eft_column

What a honor for this kid who was picked out of several thousand youth all-stars by such a prestige committee. Go gown there and make us all proud and have a great time , Congrats Major:Thumbs:
Congrats to him.
Eastern Ky. is well represented in San Antonio.. Says alot for our area...

Canady from Knox
Kid from Corbin
Smith from Leslie co.
Edwards from Middlesboro
Congrats to these young men ....
Haha he's a joke. I never seen the kid do one good thing.don't get me wrong he's a good player.I'd like to have him on my team. But he's no where around a all American that just makes me laugh he's not even the best on his team from what I saw against Williamsburg 1 and 2. Hahaha so yea this is a joke.
Sportsman105 Wrote:Haha he's a joke. I never seen the kid do one good thing.don't get me wrong he's a good player.I'd like to have him on my team. But he's no where around a all American that just makes me laugh he's not even the best on his team from what I saw against Williamsburg 1 and 2. Hahaha so yea this is a joke.
Sportsman is it? more like sportskid cause you ain't no man!!!! I think I'll take "Football University’s regional directors and scouts" that work year-round with hundreds of local youth football coaches and commissioners who help identify top athletes OPINIONS over someone nicknamed "sportskid" anyday of the week.

His talent isnt measured by stats or any 1 or 2 games you've might have seen him play it's about potential and unlike you if he keeps progression the sky is the limit for this young man and not like your future bagging groceries at save a lot.

Have a good day kid ,

Intimidator
The kid is a good qb . But you know your self that he is no all American. That's all I have got to say.
Why in the world would someone get on here and start talking negatively about a kid that just received such a great honor. I don't know Major personally but I am very proud of a mountain kid getting this opportunity. Congratulations to all of the boys that were chosen to participate in San Antonio. Big shout out to Smith from Leslie County since he is from our Big Sandy Conference. I was fortunate enough to have a player play out there last year (Willie Smith) and he benefited greatly from the week's practices, socialization, opportunity to get acquainted with people from other places in the US. along with the great coaching he got throughout the week. Make us proud boys and enjoy this opportunity because something like this doesn't come around but once or twice in a lifetime. But most importantly don't forget to have fun and make good memories while in San Antonio because you all have earned it.
Amen.
Tanner Powers of Corbin.
Why didn't quaterback Skylar Griffith get invited to this I know he had an excellent year. Also led the team to a conference title.???????
Ask your coach that question. He or the High School coach is responsible for nominations, and contacts.

But don't get on here and down someone else for the honor. Sounds like you may be a player on that team, so go ask him.
Hahaha yea I'm 36 but I play middleschool football. I'm a parent of that team and I traveled to all the games. I'm sorry i shouldn't have talked like that to the kid but it just blew my mind that he made that but congrats to the kid good job.
You had two very talented kids on that team , one got hurt. I don't know their names ...but your coach should have had them on the team. It is entirely up to him and the high school coach to get that done. No need to go any further than your own building for an explanation.

I too apologize for calling you a player......but when talking about kids, adults need to think before posting.
Sportsman105 Wrote:Hahaha yea I'm 36
Now that I know you're a 36 year old grown man it makes you and your post look even more pathetic. Sorry but how could you get on here and call a 14/15 year old "a Joke" ??
Xerxes Wrote:Ask your coach that question. He or the High School coach is responsible for nominations, and contacts.

But don't get on here and down someone else for the honor. Sounds like you may be a player on that team, so go ask him.

Just to clear the air, Sportsman is not from Williamsburg. And no one from Williamsburg has been talking trash about Major. He is a fine athlete and I expect to see him do some great things in the next few years. The nomination for Skyler was submitted too late because the coach had a mix up with the nomination procedure, but you live and learn. I look to see Skyler's brother follow in his footsteps and have a chance to play in San Antonio.
Intimidator Wrote:One of the top 8th graders In the COUNTRY Major Edwards of Middlesboro Middle School will be playing in the Eastbay Youth All-American Bowl on Sunday, Jan. 9, at the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas.

The bowl week consists of practices, a skills competition and break-out sessions with Hall of Famers, as well as current and former NFL stars and celebrities such as legendary high school football coach Herman Boone.

The Youth All-Americans will have VIP access to the U.S. Army All-American Bowl and will also be honored during the game on Saturday, Jan. 8.

Several thousand youth all-stars were nominated for this honor. Athletes had to fill out a nomination form and submit a highlight tape. The selection committee, which consists of Football University’s regional directors and scouts, work year-round with hundreds of local youth football coaches and commissioners who help identify top athletes.

http://www.middlesborodailynews.com/view...eft_column

What a honor for this kid who was picked out of several thousand youth all-stars by such a prestige committee. Go gown there and make us all proud and have a great time , Congrats Major:Thumbs:

I saw this kid at the FBU camp in Frankfort this year and he looked to have a ton of potential as he gets older. Impressive as he was tho he wasn't selected to any of the all-american youth teams that played in San Antonio. The reason I know this is because I was there. The only QB that was from KY was the Lexington Catholic kid (Reese Ryan). Reese and a kid from Florida aternated plays as Tanner Powers from Corbin played every down at running back. If you go to Eastbay.com or football university and click on the eastbay logo, you can look at the rosters that played in every game. BTW I'm not saying the Edwards kid wasn't good enough to be selected but he may of just been invited to participate in the All -American combine that alot of talented kids were.
Didn't think I saw him on any of the rosters...
Sportsman105 Wrote:Haha he's a joke. I never seen the kid do one good thing.don't get me wrong he's a good player.I'd like to have him on my team. But he's no where around a all American that just makes me laugh he's not even the best on his team from what I saw against Williamsburg 1 and 2. Hahaha so yea this is a joke.

I totally agree!!!! I watched MMS very close last year and he didnt show me anything that any of the other quarter backs from this area didn't!!!!
Great Kid and player. Wish he was at Bell Co.