Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battle at the Summit Scrimmage Event 8-6-11
The pools have changed a bit but here are the updated pools for the Battle at the Summit Scrimmage on Saturday August 6.

I have attached the flyers for everyone as well.

Morning Pool
Covington Catholic
Grant Co
Summit View
Mason Co

Midday Pool
Campbell Co
Bell Co 8th only
Boyd Co
Henry Co
Grant 7th
Summit View 7th

Afternoon Pool

Owen Co
Gallatin Co (8th only)
Beechwood (7th only)
Spencer Co
Union Raiders
Also, any Kentucky Middle School Football Associaiton coach that would like a free pass to attend this scrimmage pm me and I will have one ready for you at that gate.
We'll be there. Do they have the bleachers fully assembled yet? They weren't up last year.
The newer bleachers will not be up yet in time for the scrimmage. Construction was put on hold to put them up in order to host the scrimmage and will begin the monday following the event. (They still have to install the new field drainage drains and rework the slope on the small hillside a bit. They did level off the area where the new bleachers are going and have poured the concrete pad for the bleachers.

They still have the baseball style bleachers and plenty of hillside space.

I was told yesterday that Kona Ice will be there as well, which will be nice for those of us who will be there all day working.
Bell county demolished the midday pool...Go Cats
Not only did bell county demolish the midday pool, they embarrassed the "state championship favorites" Boyd Co.!!!!
bell crushed supposed state favorite Boyd Co. quite easily!!!!!!
freeagent Wrote:Bell county demolished the midday pool...Go Cats

They sure did they looked good. They drilled Boyd County and they were supposed to be one of the best that I was told.
Boyd also showed pitiful sportsmanship agianst *ell with #21 trying to start fights from Boyd!!!!
Also how did Bell compare to the other teams in the morning and evening pools?
CYF- Colonel Youth Football (Covington Catholics feeder league) won both the 7th & 8th grade morning pool. Didn't lose a single scrimmage.

I see Bell Co won the afternoon- who won the late afternoon/ early evening pool?
Hats off to Bell County,,they were the best in the Midday Pool....Big, fast and strong....The one lineman was 6'6" and weighed about 285. Boyd County look pretty good i thought, but not in the class with Bell.
ashfan Wrote:Hats off to Bell County,,they were the best in the Midday Pool....Big, fast and strong....The one lineman was 6'6" and weighed about 285. Boyd County look pretty good i thought, but not in the class with Bell.

I thought that Boyd looked good until they played Bell County also. I think that Boyd needs to run a little more spread in their offense.
Good observation Amped 88.....
Bell Middle did look goood, They have a chance to be really good if they keep working like they have been up to this point, Coach said this was the hardest working bunch he has had for a while. Just like any other team they need to stay injury free and it should be a great year. Boyd does have a good team and they have a very good running back and we wish them luck for the season.
What a terrific event. The staff and volunteers at Summit View should be extremely proud of the event they put on. Only saw the midday pool, but there was some good football going on. Bell County was outstanding, and everyone seemed to have a great time.
Boyd County 7th grade was also very impressive!
eratia Wrote:What a terrific event. The staff and volunteers at Summit View should be extremely proud of the event they put on. Only saw the midday pool, but there was some good football going on. Bell County was outstanding, and everyone seemed to have a great time.
Boyd County 7th grade was also very impressive!

It was a great event. Enjoyed the afternoon.:Thumbs:
What a great day of football at Summit View Middle School Saturday.

Thank you to all the teams that came up for the scrimmage(some traveled a long distance.) The weather was perfect, the crowds were great, and the coaches and players were all class acts. It was great to bring football from different parts of the state together for a big event.

RESULTS

MORNING POOL
7th grade Covington Catholic went 4-0 in this pool
8th Grade Covington Catholic won this pool as well in some close games.

MIDDAY POOL
IMO was the best pool of the day.
7th grade Boyd Co went 4-0 in this pool
8th grade - Bell Co went 3-0 in this pool (Bell vs Boyd was the match up of the day IMO)

AFTERNOON POOL
7th grade Union went 4-0 in this pool
8th grade Union went 4-0 in this pool

Other notes.
I talked to the dad of the Spencer Co kid that was injured and transported to the local hospital, he is doing well as of last report, just a really bad stinger and should be good to go in a couple weeks..GREAT NEWS!!

We are already working hard on planning next years event, and most teams that attended expressed interest in coming back next year.

Anyone that was at the event and has ideas on how to make the event better, please feel free to PM me and let us know.
I agree agree. it was a great event and well organized polite hosts! I also have to agree that Bell Co. was the best team there!!! They made a great statement that they are a team to look for in the playoffs!!
Did anyone see grant co 8th play in the morning pool.
Wondering how they stacked up against cov cath?
Great event!!!
Henry learned alot from the scrimmage.
We plan to attend next year.
Old Henry Man Wrote:Great event!!!
Henry learned alot from the scrimmage.
We plan to attend next year.

Old Henry Man, your post reminded me I forgot to thank the 2 Henry Co water girls that were with the team. They helped our staff fill up theirs and a few other teams water coolers during the event. We really appreciated that.

Glad Henry was able to attend and look forward to them attending next year, good luck this season.
Colonel Youth Football (ie: Cov Cath feeder league) 7th & 8th grade both won their morning pool vs Summit View, Grant Co & Mason Co. Both the 7th & 8th played Sumit View in their championship games.

CYF 8th beat Mason Co 6-3, Summit View 8-0 & Grant Co 16-8 I believe- then beat Summit View 6-3 in Championship.

Grant has some beef- when they pounded it up the middle off a counter it got results. CYF has a pretty balanced attack with what is usually a single back set and that balance really helps spread folks out.
What did the scores look like in the 8th grade mid day pool between:
Owen Co
Spencer Co
Union
Henry Co

Just curious...
plantmanky Wrote:Old Henry Man, your post reminded me I forgot to thank the 2 Henry Co water girls that were with the team. They helped our staff fill up theirs and a few other teams water coolers during the event. We really appreciated that.

Glad Henry was able to attend and look forward to them attending next year, good luck this season.

Good to hear that about the Girls.
I will tell them
...anybody know how the scores went last weekend in the Mid Day pool @ Summit View?
Owen Co
Spencer Co
Union
Henry Co
?
I would like to thank plantmakey and Summit View Middle School for a great event! I wish the best of luck to Campbell County, Henry County, and Bell County to stay healthy and a great season! There was no doubt that Bell County was the best team there that I saw in the midday pool!!! They smashed us in the mouth and we weren't ready!