Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who will win the NEKC this year?
With the beginning of practice approaching everywhere, who do you think will come out on top of the NEKC (Ashland, Boyd County, Greenup County, Lawrence County, Martin County, and Raceland)?

Also, which match ups should be worth the trip to watch?
In the 8th grade portion, i would have to think Boyd County would be considered at the top of the conference, but to be fair to Martin County, I am not familiar with their program.
7th wil be Greenup, 8th will be Boyd.
One game of interest i believe will be Verity against Boyd County in the 8th grade conference. Just curious how Baker will do when playing his former team.
Kosar Wrote:7th wil be Greenup, 8th will be Boyd.

I've heard the 7th grade team at Greenup is pretty impressive.
Games of Interest:

I think Martin County and Lawrence Co should be pretty fun - Lawrence strong and big, Martin tall and speedy.

Boyd County and Verity at Putnam Stadium has all the makings of a big time match-up with lots of back story and a long history between the schools.

Raceland and Greenup is going to be interesting, too. Greenup's D will have their hands full with an offense that plays for touchdowns and not first downs. Raceland's D will have to stop a multi-tiered running games that likes to run over people.

Lawrence and Greenup - very physical game!
eratia Wrote:I've heard the 7th grade team at Greenup is pretty impressive.
Very impressive and should be even better this season.