Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Illegal immigrants arrested in phony UPS van
NILAND, Calif. (AP) — It was a special delivery indeed — 13 suspected illegal immigrants from Mexico stuffed in a phony UPS van.

The U.S. Border Patrol said Tuesday that agents stopped the van Friday as the driver tried to circumvent a highway checkpoint near Niland, about 150 miles east of San Diego in California's Imperial Valley, near the Mexican border.

The van looked like a legitimate United Parcel Service Inc. delivery vehicle, except the company decal on the back door was slightly crooked.

The driver, U.S. citizen Daniel Lopez, was charged in federal court in El Centro with illegal transportation of aliens, authorities said.

Carlos Goens, the driver of another truck, was charged with the same crime after being detained at a Border Patrol checkpoint. He is suspected of coordinating with the UPS van.

Migrants told authorities they had agreed to pay between $5,000 and $8,000 each to be smuggled into the United States, according to the criminal complaint.

[Image: http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/oVyssW...0003be.jpg]

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/u-s--slides...16116.html
And people wonder why some are in favor of shutting down the border. IMO, we shouldnt allow anything across at all, these drug, gun, and human smugglers will go to any length.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:And people wonder why some are in favor of shutting down the border. IMO, we shouldnt allow anything across at all, these drug, gun, and human smugglers will go to any length.

If North Korea can do it, so can we.
^
:Thumbs:

Id love it.
Poor immigrants almost had their logistics right
^
I wonder if these mexicans were practicing "the shot" to show cops they were real american citizens.
LOL Missed this one. The Van looks legit.
UPS they deliver for less
lol it does look legit, but if you look at the van you can see they put the lettering on crooked as well as everything.
I can already see the commercial for this one. lol
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL