Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Kinzer & David May opening drag racing track
Was told that Willard Kinzer & David May bought Combs Airport at the Floyd / Johnson Co. line and will be making it a drag racing track.

Will be opening next month from my understanding for grudge racing.

Should be the place to be on the weekends with all the racers we have in the area.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Was told that Willard Kinzer & David May bought Combs Airport at the Floyd / Johnson Co. line and will be making it a drag racing track.

Will be opening next month from my understanding for grudge racing.

Should be the place to be on the weekends with all the racers we have in the area.

I have said for years that that is a prime location for that. I have been amazed that no one has decided to do this up till now. If the Kinzers are involved , I have no doubt that it will a first class operation.

This is exciting. Do you know if is going to be a 1/4 mile track or an 1/8 mile track?
I was told it would probably be 1/8 for the cars that would run in the 8s and so forth, but I'm sure they would let the slower cars run the quarter.
Looks like they didn't buy the airport, they cities of Paintsville & Prestonsburg still own it and they're only gonna put up guard ralis for just some grudge racing like on Pinks.
From my understanding, they will just be drag racing on Labor Day Weekend. I spend alot of time up at the airport, Stanley Haddix Race Cars & Parts and that is what I gathered about the drag racing. Street legal cars only, and must be driven in, no trailers or hollers.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH