Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Body shop/Resto shop
I'm looking for a reputable, affordable body/resto shop in the EKY area.

I have an Impala that was my great grandfathers, 1969 Impala Fastback with the 327.

Any suggestions is appreciated.
NEXT Wrote:I'm looking for a reputable, affordable body/resto shop in the EKY area.

I have an Impala that was my great grandfathers, 1969 Impala Fastback with the 327.

Any suggestions is appreciated.

The absolute best around is Irvin Patrick in Paintsville, but he is not cheap. Mike Miller in Salyersville is also good, and James Owens at Oil Springs.
Bob Seger Wrote:The absolute best around is Irvin Patrick in Paintsville, but he is not cheap. Mike Miller in Salyersville is also good, and James Owens at Oil Springs.

Thank you. I think I went to school with James Owens daughter at Pikeville College.
Burkes Body Shop in martin is great as well. But not cheap.
It may not be so easy to find a "body shop" that will do a '69 Imapala. Most body shops only want to do insurance work. I think what you'll run into with a "true restoration" (I am assuming you are talking about a frame-off) is that there are very few specialty guys out there that will do this. Whomever you do find, more than likely you will have to pay them weekly for what ever labor they do and for whatever parts and materials they use. Dealing with a true "restorer" and a body shop are two completely different animals. Be prepared for a very expensive (and probably long drawn out) ordeal if you are wanting a true restoration.. In a car such as a '69 it would be very rare for one in eastern Kentucky to not be riddled with rust, which would mean replacing floor pans, trunk pans, quarter panels, fenders, etc.. Hopefully yours is not in very much need of metal work. It may not be so hard if to find someone if all you are wanting is a decent quicky patch up paint job to make a daily driver out of though , but I think you'll find most body shops wont want to do it..
NEXT Wrote:Thank you. I think I went to school with James Owens daughter at Pikeville College.

James is a good friend of mine and does truely exceptional work. He ranks right up there with Irvin Patrick. Patrick more specialized to the Corvette, and Owens to Muscle cars. But they both do cross over. Irvin just finished up a Eleanore Mustang that is out of this world. Since you are a friend of Nikki, If you ever get the chance, you need to visit James's shop. It's a magnificient recreation of a 50-60's era Texaco gas station with a nostalgic 50's cafe as well. It's a one of a kind setting.

Good luck on your project though. I would love to see before and after shots when you find someone to do it. Keep us informed.
Bob Seger Wrote:James is a good friend of mine and does truely exceptional work. He ranks right up there with Irvin Patrick. Patrick more specialized to the Corvette, and Owens to Muscle cars. But they both do cross over. Irvin just finished up a Eleanore Mustang that is out of this world. Since you are a friend of Nikki, If you ever get the chance, you need to visit James's shop. It's a magnificient recreation of a 50-60's era Texaco gas station with a nostalgic 50's cafe as well. It's a one of a kind setting.

Good luck on your project though. I would love to see before and after shots when you find someone to do it. Keep us informed.
I'd love to see pics of that Impala though..and I would love to see that shop as well. Thats right up my alley..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
if you are ever looking for interior work check out LB custom interiors.

he is a good friend of mine, does good work for a good price. he started his own company a couple of years ago but if you check out his website you can see he does a good job. one of the last cars he did won the grand prize and one of louisville's auto shows last year.

here is the website:

http://lbcustominteriors.com/