Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7 on 7 @ University of Kentucky - June 11th
Find attached the information on the 4th annual middle school 7 on 7 at the University of Kentucky.

Historically, this has been the largest and most attended 7 on 7 of the summer. There will be teams from out of state who attend this (it was won last year by a team from Tennessee).

For more information, please feel free to contact me privately at [email]jtbass@kymiddlschoolfootball.com[/email]
The following teams have reserved spots -

1. Caudill

2. Bourboun County

3. Caldwell County

4. Campbell County #1

5. Campbell County #2

6. Campbellsville

7. Clark County

8. Clark

9. Crawford

10. Adams

11. Lexington Catholic

12. Madison

13. Northern Pulaski

14. Owensboro Catholic

15. Tates Creek

16. West Carter

Please reply to me privately to register. First come, first serve.

JTB
who won the tournament????
Lexington Catholic defeated North Pulaski in the finals 26-22. You can follow the Knight's quest for the championship here
BM82 Wrote:who won the tournament????

why Lex Cath of course.
So the Knights are for real?
We'll see who's real on September 1st. The timeout to stop the clock just to throw the ball through the field goal post with seconds left will not be forgotten either. That classy decision will be returned, very hard.
Sept 1st who will be playing and where?
wildcat 18 this is directed to you and not the kids or the other fans.Are you the same idiot that was screaming the whole game down in Louisville? My son was the QB this weekend and he told me he wanted to throw it out of the endzone to kill the clock middle of the field is a shorter throw than the corners.The coaches didnt tell him to do that but I wish he would have thrown it at you! Make sure you introduce yourself to me and say hello Sept. 1 Im very easy to spot!
Lexington Catholic at Northern Pulaski on Sept 1st.

Not sure who the idiot is you're referring to is. Which tournament in Louisville? The one we won at Ballard or the one we won at U of L? He's a good QB, not taking nothing away from him at all. Had a heck of a game Saturday. Why would you want to kill the clock with around 16 seconds left just after a 1st down with the clock running? Our guys remember little things like that. Great motivation for our team. Thanks, get the ice packs ready. 11 on 11 is quite a bit different than 7 on 7. Keep that in mind.

On another note, why is everyone on this site all hyped up on the Lexington, Louisville, Northern Ky schools? None of those teams have rings or have proven anything lately. Not taking anything away from them, they're good, but our South Central Ky teams are the ones on top. Corbin, Williamsburg, Southern Pulaski, & Northern Pulaski are all defending champs, all within a 30 or so mile radius. I would think a team would want to be a proven winner before talking smack.
Wildcat18 Wrote:Lexington Catholic at Northern Pulaski on Sept 1st.

Not sure who the idiot is you're referring to is. Which tournament in Louisville? The one we won at Ballard or the one we won at U of L? He's a good QB, not taking nothing away from him at all. Had a heck of a game Saturday. Why would you want to kill the clock with around 16 seconds left just after a 1st down with the clock running? Our guys remember little things like that. Great motivation for our team. Thanks, get the ice packs ready. 11 on 11 is quite a bit different than 7 on 7. Keep that in mind.

On another note, why is everyone on this site all hyped up on the Lexington, Louisville, Northern Ky schools? None of those teams have rings or have proven anything lately. Not taking anything away from them, they're good, but our South Central Ky teams are the ones on top. Corbin, Williamsburg, Southern Pulaski, & Northern Pulaski are all defending champs, all within a 30 or so mile radius. I would think a team would want to be a proven winner before talking smack.

:Thumbs:Okay thanks man. Sept 1st it is. Should be a good one.:argue:
The point I made was it was a 7 on 7 game. My goodness these are kids and your trying to build a rivalry ,talking about ice packs and all that. You will deny it but it wont hurt you to see your kids lay a cheap shot on an LC player and that is sick.You guys have kids that have matured early they are full grown just like you have had for years.I dont know who will win the regular season game but if you dont, then its piss poor coaching on your teams part. Middle school football is about 2 things speed and size it all balances out in H.S. when everyone catches up. You guys clearly have a good 7 on 7 team honestly could LC beat you consistantly I say no.You won 2 tournys handily why not just say it was a good summer and let it go? Instead your trying to make something out of nothing. Oh and the Idiot I was talking about was at Ballard and screamed at the officials(H.S. Players at Ballard volunteers) The whole game from the bleachers. Clearly a guy who never had any athletic success and is living his dreams through his kids.The parents should have shut him up.
"The coaches didnt tell him to do that but I wish he would have thrown it at you!" You didn't make any point. Looked more like a rant to me. Build a rivalry? We have numerous rivalries around here with stiff competition and trust me, Lexington Catholic isn't one of them. My comments have nothing to do with taking a "cheap shot" at anyone. It's about facing the guy in front of you and being able to take him to the woodshed. Middle school football is way more than speed and size. You can put the biggest and fastest kid in the state on the football field, but if he can't run crisp routes, make quick decisions, or play a lick of defense, you're not going to get much out of that guy. It's about being "football smart." Its been a great summer for us. Give your team credit, LC had good runs in all of the tourneys we entered also. This was our first year trying these things out. We expected to struggle a little in the beginning because we knew it was the weakest part of our game. Hopefully it helped us a lot, we'll see.

The last I saw was the LC coach being restrained and told to go back to his team from the main official at Ballard. It was funny you brought that up haha. Keep the nonsense in the stands, that's fine, they're fans and can yell and cheer at whoever they want. They pay to get in. It's different when it's on the field.
You can say what you want about your different rivals.But I know and you and your fans know it that Lex Cath is your most important game.I watched you play all summer and no game gave you or your fans more pleasure than beating Lex Cath.Your not alone many schools are that way.We take that as a compliment that you use us as a measuring stick for your program.
Lexington Catholic recruits post comming in 3.2.1
Have you seen our schedule? It wouldn't be a stretch for me to say LC wasn't even a top 5 or 6 team on it. I would like to thank LC for stepping up to the plate though. We've had 3-5 teams cancel and numerous teams not return calls. You obviously missed our wins against Dayton this weekend and over Lone Oak at UofL. We were excited for the win at Ballard because it was the championship of course, as you were excited for your win at UK. I think that is what bothers me the most. LC tends to think they're teams "Super Bowl" of the season. It's not like that with us and if I were guessing, it's not like that with a lot of teams ya'll play. LC is a very small mark on our "measuring stick" of success. Prove yourself in pads, then talk. That's how I look at it. Recruit all you want if that's how ya'll roll up there. Northern Pulaski isn't afraid of anyone and that includes Lexington Catholic.
Wildcat18 Wrote:Have you seen our schedule? It wouldn't be a stretch for me to say LC wasn't even a top 5 or 6 team on it. I would like to thank LC for stepping up to the plate though. We've had 3-5 teams cancel and numerous teams not return calls. You obviously missed our wins against Dayton this weekend and over Lone Oak at UofL. We were excited for the win at Ballard because it was the championship of course, as you were excited for your win at UK. I think that is what bothers me the most. LC tends to think they're teams "Super Bowl" of the season. It's not like that with us and if I were guessing, it's not like that with a lot of teams ya'll play. LC is a very small mark on our "measuring stick" of success. Prove yourself in pads, then talk. That's how I look at it. Recruit all you want if that's how ya'll roll up there. Northern Pulaski isn't afraid of anyone and that includes Lexington Catholic.

Wow. I cant help but laugh at this. On here you were the one who said wait until Sept 1st. I had no idea that there was even a game or that LCath would create this much hate in your heart. The reason i say that is, why would you of all people point out a REGULAR SEASON GAME (which means nothing if either team wins) that is over 3 months away? Then you said it gives our boys motivation. LCath motivates you guys, I thought they were a small mark on a measurig stick? Superbowl? Never saw that comment, but I am sure the whole town will be there to cheer on the N.Pulaski team. They have a great group of players and coaches at N.Pulaski. For you to say that a LCath victory would mean nothing only means that you are lying to yourself.
Wildcat18 Wrote:Have you seen our schedule? It wouldn't be a stretch for me to say LC wasn't even a top 5 or 6 team on it. I would like to thank LC for stepping up to the plate though. We've had 3-5 teams cancel and numerous teams not return calls. You obviously missed our wins against Dayton this weekend and over Lone Oak at UofL. We were excited for the win at Ballard because it was the championship of course, as you were excited for your win at UK. I think that is what bothers me the most. LC tends to think they're teams "Super Bowl" of the season. It's not like that with us and if I were guessing, it's not like that with a lot of teams ya'll play. LC is a very small mark on our "measuring stick" of success. Prove yourself in pads, then talk. That's how I look at it. Recruit all you want if that's how ya'll roll up there. Northern Pulaski isn't afraid of anyone and that includes Lexington Catholic.

Wildcat what a joke you are. Of all people to talk about recuiting players you should be the last in line, you have done it all spring. Your team as been in pads since spring break at least 3 days a week you should be ready too play a little 7 on 7. Not to mention the 3 or 4 players that will be 16 before they enter there freshman year. Come on get real with yourself.
You make fair points compared to LCDAD. However, you're thinking too far outside the box on this one. I'm anxious to play LC. Bottom line. Period. That's it. There's no hate haha, that's a stretch. LC motivates our guys because of the one incident at the end of the UK tourney and their fans thinking they are entitled to be the "big game" on everyone's schedule. (I should have used "big game" instead of "super bowl". Hopefully you get the picture.) LC hasn't won a middle school state championship and to my knowledge, hasn't even been very close to doing so. You're not entitled to anything. So, my point being, don't think your crap don't stink til you put a ring on your finger.....or at least get close to doing so for that matter.

"But I know and you and your fans know it that Lex Cath is your most important game.I watched you play all summer and no game gave you or your fans more pleasure than beating Lex Cath.Your not alone many schools are that way." -- There's the comment. "super bowl" = most important game.
Like I said I think N.Pulaski has a great group of players, coaches, and for the most part fans. I know that last year LCath played a hell of a team in the 8th grade state championship against Corbin. They had players and coaches that did an outstanding job when they faced LC in the state finals. To me finishing second to that team was nothing to be ashamed of. I may be wrong but I thought Corbin's 2010 and Bowling Green's 09 team were the best middle school football teams I've ever seen in KY middle school football. So state runner up in the 8th grade and finishing with a 12-1 record is very respectable to me. Especially when you look at of the 22 starting positions on last years team, over half of those were filled by returning (12yr old)7th graders. They weren't allowed to play 7th because they'd rather play for the 8th grade title, and when you look attheir 8th grade record, can you really blame them???
Wildcat18 Wrote:You make fair points compared to LCDAD. However, you're thinking too far outside the box on this one. I'm anxious to play LC. Bottom line. Period. That's it. There's no hate haha, that's a stretch. LC motivates our guys because of the one incident at the end of the UK tourney and their fans thinking they are entitled to be the "big game" on everyone's schedule. (I should have used "big game" instead of "super bowl". Hopefully you get the picture.) LC hasn't won a middle school state championship and to my knowledge, hasn't even been very close to doing so. You're not entitled to anything. So, my point being, don't think your crap don't stink til you put a ring on your finger.....or at least get close to doing so for that matter.

"But I know and you and your fans know it that Lex Cath is your most important game.I watched you play all summer and no game gave you or your fans more pleasure than beating Lex Cath.Your not alone many schools are that way." -- There's the comment. "super bowl" = most important game.

LC played for one of the 8th grade championships last season
I think the same about LC's players, coaches, and most of the fan base. They're a good team. I simply lost a little respect for them because of the little stunt they pulled in the last game, that's all. But it helps our team in the long run. Corbin was a great team. To your credit, I was unaware that LC was D2. I was thinking they were D1. That's my error. On that point though, it would be a huge disappointment if LC didn't win the D2 state championship this year. You all have to be the team to beat in that division, by looking at the rest.

"played for." My point exactly. What was the score in that game? To us & most other teams, most (not all) of the LC fans seem to think they're defending a title or something. A tad cocky seems like. Keep hanging your hat on that "runner-up."
Let me ask you a simple question. How much time have you spent around LC fans to know what they think? I have read these post and you are so filled with hate and jealousy tword LC its funny.Our middle school program is a feeder program to the High School. Thats it ! What happens on friday night is the concern of 90% of the LC parents and fans.You started this crap and now trying to crawfish out of it.I for one can see through all that hogwash your spouting.Truth be known you want to make a big deal out of middle school football. The faces of these programs and the kids will change night and day the next few years. Springsteen wrote a great song about it "Glory Days" Enjoy in your older years.
riverdog Wrote:Wildcat what a joke you are. Of all people to talk about recuiting players you should be the last in line, you have done it all spring. Your team as been in pads since spring break at least 3 days a week you should be ready too play a little 7 on 7. Not to mention the 3 or 4 players that will be 16 before they enter there freshman year. Come on get real with yourself.

A kid leaves one school and approaches our team wanting to play. Do we tell him he can't play for us without giving him an opportunity? I don't think so and I don't care where he came from. Every kid deserves an opportunity, period. Our team ran through only 6 days of spring ball back a few months ago and haven't been in pads since. And on your last topic, we have absolutely ZERO players who will not be eligible to play all 4 years of high school football. That's something that is taken very seriously. We want to win, but the the players come first. So you saying we have anyone at all that will be of that age entering high school is complete foolishness (along with the rest of your comments). Last I heard, your team dropped itself off our schedule. Let's just leave it at that.
LCDAD Wrote:Let me ask you a simple question. How much time have you spent around LC fans to know what they think? I have read these post and you are so filled with hate and jealousy tword LC its funny.Our middle school program is a feeder program to the High School. Thats it ! What happens on friday night is the concern of 90% of the LC parents and fans.You started this crap and now trying to crawfish out of it.I for one can see through all that hogwash your spouting.Truth be known you want to make a big deal out of middle school football. The faces of these programs and the kids will change night and day the next few years. Springsteen wrote a great song about it "Glory Days" Enjoy in your older years.

I have spent probably 2 or 3 passing tournaments around LC fans this summer and trust me, that's enough. Again, it's not all of them, only a very few. This is exactly what I'm talking about. Once again you've proven my point. LexCathKnight15 and BM82 make logical points to the discussion. You on the other hand are rambling on about how everyone should bow down :notworthy to LC (because apparently us, every other team in the state, and Jesus Christ himself are all jealous and hate Lex Cath with a passion lol) and something about a Springsteen song. :rockon: Please tell me what we should be jealous of? Why is LC so much better? I don't get it, help me understand it. As far as I know, only one person has ever walked on water. I didn't start anything here. I simply made a statement. You could have overlooked it, but you didn't. You felt the need to direct a comment to me personally and that's fine, I welcome it. In all honesty, I suggest you re-read your comments on here before you submit because only about 25% of the stuff you type makes sense.
Wildcat18 Wrote:I have spent probably 2 or 3 passing tournaments around LC fans this summer and trust me, that's enough. Again, it's not all of them, only a very few. This is exactly what I'm talking about. Once again you've proven my point. LexCathKnight15 and BM82 make logical points to the discussion. You on the other hand are rambling on about how everyone should bow down :notworthy to LC (because apparently us, every other team in the state, and Jesus Christ himself are all jealous and hate Lex Cath with a passion lol) and something about a Springsteen song. :rockon: Please tell me what we should be jealous of? Why is LC so much better? I don't get it, help me understand it. As far as I know, only one person has ever walked on water. I didn't start anything here. I simply made a statement. You could have overlooked it, but you didn't. You felt the need to direct a comment to me personally and that's fine, I welcome it. In all honesty, I suggest you re-read your comments on here before you submit because only about 25% of the stuff you type makes sense.
Bottom line is both teams are good but Northern Pulaski is the defending state champions and the same players are moving up to 8th grade-so i guess i would favor them to win it as of now.
7 or 8 of that team is not moving up. They are holding back to try and win it again. I mean after all middle school ball is so important...2 daddy's.
I think I see how everyone is thinking.....

Wildcat18 thinks LCath was trying to rub it in when they burned a timeout and the QB threw the ball away the next down. Here's the truth: after LCath converted a 4th & 5 with 1 minute left the game was over. The timeout was burned because after the play was called in the huddle (I was in the huddle) the UK timekeeper said you guys have 3 seconds to run the next play so the timeout was burned. The coaches, QB, or any other LCath supporters were not trying to rub it in.

LCDAD I understand his responses too. When he said 90% of the parents care about Friday Nights that is a true statement. They fill up the stands and write newspaper articles on how your football team does on Friday's not on Tuesday's. The last 5 High School seasons LCath has 2 State Titles. Those are the rings that matter the most at LC.

Riverdog I saw the comments about the overraged players, practicing in pads, and recruiting, you would know better than I would. If its true or not that is on them and I wish NP the best.

Wildcat18 lets stop with the fan base bashing and lets act like champions on and off the field. After losing to NP at the Ballard tournament I never took my frustrations to the message boards. I just told the kids that if we get another oppritunity to play them make the most of it. The whole comment that said something about we think we are better than Jesus, come on man lets not go there. Only one walked on water? You can crack open the good book and clearly see that Peter walked on water too. Just had to throw that in there. LOL

Meatloaf you are allowed to call them the favorite if you want to. They won the 7th grade championship fair and square.

I see how everyone feels on this one, but it is just a game that I love to teach and be around.
BM82 Wrote:I think I see how everyone is thinking.....

Wildcat18 thinks LCath was trying to rub it in when they burned a timeout and the QB threw the ball away the next down. Here's the truth: after LCath converted a 4th & 5 with 1 minute left the game was over. The timeout was burned because after the play was called in the huddle (I was in the huddle) the UK timekeeper said you guys have 3 seconds to run the next play so the timeout was burned. The coaches, QB, or any other LCath supporters were not trying to rub it in.

LCDAD I understand his responses too. When he said 90% of the parents care about Friday Nights that is a true statement. They fill up the stands and write newspaper articles on how your football team does on Friday's not on Tuesday's. The last 5 High School seasons LCath has 2 State Titles. Those are the rings that matter the most at LC.

Riverdog I saw the comments about the overraged players, practicing in pads, and recruiting, you would know better than I would. If its true or not that is on them and I wish NP the best.

Wildcat18 lets stop with the fan base bashing and lets act like champions on and off the field. After losing to NP at the Ballard tournament I never took my frustrations to the message boards. I just told the kids that if we get another oppritunity to play them make the most of it. The whole comment that said something about we think we are better than Jesus, come on man lets not go there. Only one walked on water? You can crack open the good book and clearly see that Peter walked on water too. Just had to throw that in there. LOL

Meatloaf you are allowed to call them the favorite if you want to. They won the 7th grade championship fair and square.

I see how everyone feels on this one, but it is just a game that I love to teach and be around.

We didn't show boat at Ballard. We didn't jack a pass through the field goal post with 16 seconds left on a running clock with a 1st down knowing we already had the win. Please don't think my comments are reflecting our loss, we'll take that and build from it. It's strictly what i just stated. That's it. You're exactly right about Peter also LOL, that slipped my mind. (That comment was straight sarcasm, so please don't take that seriously.) I do have a quick question for you though. If you were in the huddle, why would you post a comment on here asking who won the tournament, obviously already knowing LC won? Doesn't really make sense to me.

On another note, i'm pretty sure riverdog's from Meece (our lesser crosstown rival). They're just blowing smoke, notice they didn't respond to my comments earlier.

RIVERDOG, WE'LL RECREATE A SPOT ON OUR SCHEDULE FOR YOU. PLEASE CALL OUR COACH. ANYTIME, ANYWHERE. :please:
The post about who won was by my son, I can assure you that was not me. I also do not allow any of our kids to show up an opponent. When I asked about Sept 1st it was only because I have our schedule and Pulaski was not on it. None of the other coaches know anything about it either. If we get that oppritunity may the best team win. I dont bash young players or coaches, I only state facts. Victory or defeat I walked over to their sideline, looked them in their eyes, and shook their hands. Sept 1st you can find me if there is a game, I am not hard to find.