Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Defend these arguments now! "Cal can't coach."
wildcats20 Wrote:I never mentioned Coack K in my post...so I dont know what you are talking about..and by the way this isnt a Coack K bashing we are supposed to be talking about Coach Cal...and how he cant coach.

Coach K was brought up by some other guys on this thread. The point is Coach K has had a bunch of high seeds lose in the NCCA tournament. He has had teams lose by 30, blow 20 point leads, Cal has had a couple of #1 seeds lose in the NCCA tournament and even if they did lose those games because of poor coaching, one bad game doesn't make a coach a bad coach, if so then there is no way in H*** that Coach K is a good coach. IMO some of these guys on here don't even watch college basketball and have no idea what they are talking about. They make stupid statements that are not based on reason. Anyone who thinks that a coach who wins a NCAA title by getting his team to share the ball and be one of the best defensive teams in college basketball history, still can't coach is just ignorant. BTW Starduck was talking about Obama on this thread and you didn't call him out for it. I do think starduck is smarter than Obama but that's not saying a lot.:flame:
This thread has been pretty comical. I tend to agree with the fact that anybody (no matter how much you don't like them) that wins a title is a good coach. The question really should be, what makes a person a "good coach"? Is it only X's & O's? Because that's how it appears that people are taking it on here.

I believe a good coach is more than someone who can draw up a good play in a tight situation. A good coach is also someone who can take talent and mold them and convince them to play together. This whole notion of rolling the ball out and letting them play is ridiculous. Take a look at how Ben Howland is doing with one of the most talented teams in the country this year. Take a look at how NC State is doing with all of their talent.

I showed this thread to a couple of high school coaches and they laughed at how someone could say Coach Cal can't coach. One of the guys laughing about this thread being a die hard Duke fan. Part of being a good coach is also getting the talent to fit your system. Not to mention the fact that he consistantly has one of the best defensive teams in the country. A bad coach would not be able to get his team to buy into playing hard defense.

Has Coach Cal been outcoached before? Of course he has! Name one coach who hasn't been outcoached in a big game. I keep seeing references to the Memphis-Kansas game....There is no coach out there that has not been outcoached in a big game, but that does not make them a bad coach.

I think a lot of the resentment comes from the fact that Kentucky basketball is now "Sold" to kids across the country. Well folks, that's just the name of the game until the 1 and done rule is changed. Is he supposed to let the top players go to other schools and hand out charity scholorships to Kentucky boys to ride the pine for 4 years? This isn't your Grandpa's college basketball game anymore.

The sooner you deal with that, the sooner you realize Coach Cal is a good coach.
^ Thank you. :worthy:
Not to mention that Cal got outcoached in the 2008 National Championship game by Bill Self, one of today's greatest college coaches!

It wasn't like it was Fran Fraschilla or Dick Vitale on the other end of the sideline.
Most of you are idiots on the subject of Can Cal Coach,,he is a great coach and we are darn lucky to have him
catwoman Wrote:Most of you are idiots on the subject of Can Cal Coach,,he is a great coach and we are darn lucky to have him

:Thumbs: I agree Cal is great coach.
Great players make great coaches. You have to have talent at a certain level to win chaBmpionships. Once you get the talent, you have to get them to play together. Coach Cal gets his kids to buy in. You can tell by the way they share the ball. His teams play great defense. He has evolved his coaching style to each group he has. Coach Cal recruits top talent and then figures out how to best utilize what he has. Other Coaches, Bill Self at Kansas, Coach K at Duke, Tom Izzo at Michigan State, recruit players that will fit into their system. All these guys can coach. They don't do it the same exact way but their are alot of similarities. I would not trade Coach Cal for any of these guys because year in year out he is going to attract the best players and you have to have great players to win.
If you think that Coach Cal can't coach then ask yourself this question. Would you rather have Cal or coach Gillispie? Seriously, the man has won a national title and has already met the expectations of Big Blue Nation but is still judged. I believe as a Kentucky faithful that we expect you to win national championships and he's done that. I believe you should be a am ambassador to the program and realize how much this means to us and he's done that. I believe that you should hold players accountable for their grades while they are here and he's done that. I believe that you shouldn't allowing anybody to come into our house and get a W and he's done that. I believe that when you are faced with adversity, your kids will know how to handle this while standing strong in the end and he has done that; many of times. I believe that with all that he has done and showed me, it still isn't enough for a few crazies out there and he will be gone in the next couple years saying I've already done that! Enjoy it while it last
We won the National Title last year! Great players=great coach. You don't win a national title if you can't coach. Enough said!