Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dream Matchups
In the spirit of everyone being anxious for a new season, I thought it might be fun for everyone to mention a few 7th/8th grade 'Dream Matchups'... It can be teams you'd like to see play, or play again, or it can be teams that should play but won't, or anything...
These are off the top of my head:
Fairview 8th v. Verity
Russell 7th/8th v. anyone local besides themselves
Boyd Co 8th v. Johnson Central
Bell and Knox
The Boyd-Johnson 8th game would be one worth watching.
Whitley vs Corbin
Corbin vs Bell
Corbin vs Knox
Shelby Vally vs Belfy 7th & 8th (last year)
Bell vs knox 7th & 8th (last year)
Bell usually doesn't play 7th due to low numbers. They split last year with Knox winning the playoff matchup 16-0 and Bell winning the first matchup.

I would have liked to seen a healthy Knox play Farnsley and Corbin. I wish Knox and Corbin could play every year, it would be a great matchup of two top mountain teams and state contenders.
I would love to see Covington Catholic or Campbell County play Corbin or Southern Pulaski.
plantmanky Wrote:I would love to see Covington Catholic or Campbell County play Corbin or Southern Pulaski.

I believe the Union Raiders are playing Corbin this year
Catfan56 Wrote:I believe the Union Raiders are playing Corbin this year

Is this Union County? Why would Corbin play them but won't play Whitley. Makes no sence. But then again it does!!!!!
I know Bell lost very few players and will have most of the team back that played last year. Does anyone know what Knox will have this year ??
footballfever Wrote:Is this Union County? Why would Corbin play them but won't play Whitley. Makes no sence. But then again it does!!!!!

Union Raiders are a Boone County Team (feeder to Ryle High School) and are playing an independent schedule this year. Should be a great match up as the Union Raiders went undefeated last year with their combined 7 & 6 grade team.

Anybody know when this game is?
plantmanky Wrote:Union Raiders are a Boone County Team (feeder to Ryle High School) and are playing an independent schedule this year. Should be a great match up as the Union Raiders went undefeated last year with their combined 7 & 6 grade team.

Anybody know when this game is?

The game is Aug 20th i believe
Catfan56 Wrote:The game is Aug 20th i believe

Is this game in Corbin, or at Ryle? Should be a great game.
plantmanky Wrote:Is this game in Corbin, or at Ryle? Should be a great game.

At Corbin
Johnson Co. & Boyd co. especially now that the kid transferred from Ashland to Boyd Co.
plantmanky Wrote:I would love to see Covington Catholic or Campbell County play Corbin or Southern Pulaski.
I think you might mean Northern Pulaski they are the strongest program of the two.
RichBrooks Wrote:Bell usually doesn't play 7th due to low numbers. They split last year with Knox winning the playoff matchup 16-0 and Bell winning the first matchup.

I would have liked to seen a healthy Knox play Farnsley and Corbin. I wish Knox and Corbin could play every year, it would be a great matchup of two top mountain teams and state contenders.
I thought bell was a "football " school? How in the world can they not have enough for a 7th grade team?