Poll: Who Wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
(1) Ohio State
41.94%
(4) Kentucky
58.06%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(1) Ohio State vs. (4) Kentucky 3/25 (Sweet 16)
king360 Wrote:Sullinger will beat UK by his self..I can't beleive there are more votes for UK to win than Ohio St. Don't get me wrong I'd love to see it happen and I hate Ohio st. with a passion, but let's be realistic.

Anyone can be beaten on any given night.. UK is HOT right now.. I'm going with the home team.. Can't believe your going for OSU King.
^OSU is playing great too.
After doing a little more research and listening to some guys that cover OSU basketball, I say Kentucky needs to put Liggins on Aaron Craft. Craft doesn't start the game, but comes off the bench and really makes the Buckeyes go. He is a tough, high IQ point guard and a sticky defender. Liggins needs to be guarding him when both him and Craft come off the bench and into the ball game. As we saw this season, Liggins nearly always has success against the point guards that he has defended (Peyton Siva, Joe Mazzulla, Chris Warren, etc.). I originally said that I wanted to see Liggins on David Lighty and since I've changed my mind, I would like to see Knight, Lamb, or Miller on him. There's a number of different things that Coach Cal can do here, but I definitely want to see Liggins on Craft when he comes into the game.

When Craft comes in and Lauderdale goes out, I think this opens up a great opportunity for Terrence Jones as the Buckeyes will probably stick Lighty or Buford on him. Jones has the height and size on Lighty and Buford to do some great things in this ball game, which I think is going to be a key factor for the Cats to win this one. If Jones can get a couple of quick baskets after the shot-blocker (Lauderdale) goes out, then it could be enough to pick up his confidence, which would help him to start going up strong with his shots (something he hasn't been doing), and get him out of this offensive slump he has been going through.
It's getting closer to Friday and I for one can't wait to sit down(that won't last long) to watch this game. I believe we can handle these guys from across the border. We all gave our opinion on how this game looks on paper, but come Friday that paper is thrown out the window. Go Cats!
outdoorsman43 Wrote:After doing a little more research and listening to some guys that cover OSU basketball, I say Kentucky needs to put Liggins on Aaron Craft. Craft doesn't start the game, but comes off the bench and really makes the Buckeyes go. He is a tough, high IQ point guard and a sticky defender. Liggins needs to be guarding him when both him and Craft come off the bench and into the ball game. As we saw this season, Liggins nearly always has success against the point guards that he has defended (Peyton Siva, Joe Mazzulla, Chris Warren, etc.). I originally said that I wanted to see Liggins on David Lighty and since I've changed my mind, I would like to see Knight, Lamb, or Miller on him. There's a number of different things that Coach Cal can do here, but I definitely want to see Liggins on Craft when he comes into the game.

When Craft comes in and Lauderdale goes out, I think this opens up a great opportunity for Terrence Jones as the Buckeyes will probably stick Lighty or Buford on him. Jones has the height and size on Lighty and Buford to do some great things in this ball game, which I think is going to be a key factor for the Cats to win this one. If Jones can get a couple of quick baskets after the shot-blocker (Lauderdale) goes out, then it could be enough to pick up his confidence, which would help him to start going up strong with his shots (something he hasn't been doing), and get him out of this offensive slump he has been going through.

This I can agree with.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:After doing a little more research and listening to some guys that cover OSU basketball, I say Kentucky needs to put Liggins on Aaron Craft. Craft doesn't start the game, but comes off the bench and really makes the Buckeyes go. He is a tough, high IQ point guard and a sticky defender. Liggins needs to be guarding him when both him and Craft come off the bench and into the ball game. As we saw this season, Liggins nearly always has success against the point guards that he has defended (Peyton Siva, Joe Mazzulla, Chris Warren, etc.). I originally said that I wanted to see Liggins on David Lighty and since I've changed my mind, I would like to see Knight, Lamb, or Miller on him. There's a number of different things that Coach Cal can do here, but I definitely want to see Liggins on Craft when he comes into the game.

Craft isn't a real scoring threat, but he can really pile on the assists and play solid defense as well as be the energy source. Lauderdale, once again, does not play a whole lot. Thad Matta likes playing a 4-guard style offense. Every player Ohio State has is solid defensively (excluding Diebler) Most teams do not 4 players who can legitimately score 25 on any given night so who to put your best defender on is hard to figure out.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Craft isn't a real scoring threat, but he can really pile on the assists and play solid defense as well as be the energy source. Lauderdale, once again, does not play a whole lot. Thad Matta likes playing a 4-guard style offense. Every player Ohio State has is solid defensively (excluding Diebler) Most teams do not 4 players who can legitimately score 25 on any given night so who to put your best defender on is hard to figure out.

I can't argue that point, but will counter by saying that Kentucky has five players that have scored at least 23 points in a game this season. DeAndre Liggins being the only one of our "six-man rotation" that hasn't, still scored 19 points against Tennessee at Rupp Arena. That being said, I will say that the four players Ohio State has are more capable of putting up points than UK's.

The good news for Kentucky is they are a sound defensive team. The bad news is that they were in the middle of the pack of the SEC in guarding the three-point shot (I believe they were in the top 2 or 3 in every other defensive category in the SEC; overall UK was thought by most to be the second best defensive squad in the conference to Alabama).

I've posted a lot in this thread because I'm very excited about the matchup. I think Kentucky may matchup better with Ohio State than anyone left in the tournament, including Duke and excluding Kansas. I have to give Ohio State a lot of respect though. They are clearly the best team in the country and have done everything they're supposed to do up to this point. The two losses they had were nothing to be ashamed of. E'twan Moore went off for 38 in the Purdue game and Ohio State played well against Wisconsin only to give up the double-digit lead late.

I've heard way too much negative talk from UK fans (not just on here) and I can't stand it. Although they are the deserving favorite, this is not an unbeatable OSU team. UK could very well be blown out and I would hear 1,000 ''I told ya so's", but I just can't see it happening. Hardly an UK fans even thought we could win the SEC Tournament and we did it in convincing fashion. Why can't some of you people give our team a little credit and have some faith? It is in no way unrealistic to think Kentucky can win this game.

Let's go Cats!
outdoorsman43 Wrote:I can't argue that point, but will counter by saying that Kentucky has five players that have scored at least 23 points in a game this season. DeAndre Liggins being the only one of our "six-man rotation" that hasn't, still scored 19 points against Tennessee at Rupp Arena. That being said, I will say that the four players Ohio State has are more capable of putting up points than UK's.

The good news for Kentucky is they are a sound defensive team. The bad news is that they were in the middle of the pack of the SEC in guarding the three-point shot (I believe they were in the top 2 or 3 in every other defensive category in the SEC; overall UK was thought by most to be the second best defensive squad in the conference to Alabama).

I've posted a lot in this thread because I'm very excited about the matchup. I think Kentucky may matchup better with Ohio State than anyone left in the tournament, including Duke and excluding Kansas. I have to give Ohio State a lot of respect though. They are clearly the best team in the country and have done everything they're supposed to do up to this point. The two losses they had were nothing to be ashamed of. E'twan Moore went off for 38 in the Purdue game and Ohio State played well against Wisconsin only to give up the double-digit lead late.

I've heard way too much negative talk from UK fans (not just on here) and I can't stand it. Although they are the deserving favorite, this is not an unbeatable OSU team. UK could very well be blown out and I would hear 1,000 ''I told ya so's", but I just can't see it happening. Hardly an UK fans even thought we could win the SEC Tournament and we did it in convincing fashion. Why can't some of you people give our team a little credit and have some faith? It is in no way unrealistic to think Kentucky can win this game.

Let's go Cats!

I don't have enough research, but I do know that in our first two tournament games, Buford went off in the first, and Lighty in the second. Who's next? This is a good matchup, UK has size and skill to play with the Bucks, I think Kentucky can win. We could have very well beaten Wisconsin but they could not miss from three. I agree however, no reason for Cats fans to be negative. You have as good as a chance as anyone. Believe in your team.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:I can't argue that point, but will counter by saying that Kentucky has five players that have scored at least 23 points in a game this season. DeAndre Liggins being the only one of our "six-man rotation" that hasn't, still scored 19 points against Tennessee at Rupp Arena. That being said, I will say that the four players Ohio State has are more capable of putting up points than UK's.

Let's go Cats!

Amen. By God if we are goin out we are doing it the right way against the best team in the land. I think we can beat them but I am proud of this bunch for doing what they have so far.

Go Get Those Buckeyes.
Aslan Wrote:^OSU is playing great too.

Yeah well last year we rolled everyone all the way to the Elite 8, and we seen what happened.
Well Ive been a hardcore UK fan, even thru the Sutton years :yikes: That said Im optimistic but tis tempered with some realism..I really do believe we can win but we have to perform at a our peak. No off game for larry, moe or curly :dontthink. Knight, Miller and Lamb are gonna have to score and guard well. Liggens is gonna have to smother defensivley(along with a point or two and rebounding) Josh is gonna have to get down, dirty and mean..If all comes together we can win :rockon:
I'm changing my pick. Lamb hits a 3 in the corner as time expires for the win. I'm just to attached to this team and can't see their season ending right now(hoping). I know that's a total heart pick Smile
According To The News, Liggins was told he will guard Craft
Kentucky-63
Ohio State-58
Kentucky has never beaten Ohio State in the NCAA Tournament
Less than 24 hours until gametime and I can't wait!! I hope Josh Harrellson has the best game of his life!! GO CATS!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Game day baby! Let's go Cats! Take it to Sullinger and the Buckeyes.
I hate Ohio State more than anything, but they will probably win but i am pulling for UK all the way
Hopefully lack of depth doesnt make the outcome of this game, GO CATS!
Cal has beaten 3 number 1 seeds. Make it 4.
Ballers Wrote:Anyone can be beaten on any given night.. UK is HOT right now.. I'm going with the home team.. Can't believe your going for OSU King.

Im not, but how are we gonna stop them?
king360 Wrote:Im not, but how are we gonna stop them?

How was Morehead going to stop UL, How was Arizona going to beat duke? Upsets happen. We have the offense to stretch them out. And the guard play to stop the 3 point shot.
MVP2 Wrote:Hopefully lack of depth doesnt make the outcome of this game, GO CATS!

One thing that really helps the Cats is that OSU isn't very deep either.
^^

That is true, I hope Eloy can give us something productive tonight.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:How was Morehead going to stop UL, How was Arizona going to beat duke? Upsets happen. We have the offense to stretch them out. And the guard play to stop the 3 point shot.

Kenneth Faried!
Brandon Knight needs 8 points to break Kentucky's Freshmen held by John Wall(616 points)
There is another site that is for a certain area of Kentucky and Ohio and all the Ohio guys are on there giving UK no shot at all. None of them are even saying there is a possibility of UK winning besides a couple that are afraid of conflict. They don't see UK as any kind of threat and I hope OSU's players are thinking the same way.
Rick Pitino seems to be pretty confident that UK can beat OSU and I think he is right!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
HawksRule Wrote:Brandon Knight needs 8 points to break Kentucky's Freshmen held by John Wall(616 points)

Expect that record to be broken tonight.
leecoukfan Wrote:Rick Pitino seems to be pretty confident that UK can beat OSU and I think he is right!

The man knows the game more than anyone on here, so I'm not going against him. Smart pick Ricky P Wink Go Cats!