Poll: Who Wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
(1) Ohio State
41.94%
(4) Kentucky
58.06%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(1) Ohio State vs. (4) Kentucky 3/25 (Sweet 16)
Ohio State is still playing George Mason but there up 92-55 with about 3:00/4:00 minutes to go.

Ohio State Has Made 16 of 24/25 3's Against George Mason.

Ohio State Runs Past Kentucky. Prove Me Wrong Cats

thoughts?
Yep, Kentucky's season ends Friday.
Ohio State is the most complete team in the nation.
As Bad As I Hate To Say This, Ohio State Will Win This Game By Double Digits; Prove Me Wrong Cats
I like this matchup. Kentucky's big guards will play much better defense on Lighty, Buford, and Diebler than GMU's did. These are the kind of games that should pump you up, so I expect for our guys to come in confident, but calm and cool. I have faith that UK can pull this off.

Kentucky needs to play one-on-one against Sullinger in my opinion and bring the help defense in if needed. Let the big guy get his points (because he's probably going to get them anyway). Though if they can get him into foul trouble, that would be fantastic. I don't think you can double team Sullinger because he is a great passing big man and will just dump it off to Lauderdale or kick it out to the shooters.

Ohio State surely won't shoot the way did against George Mason. The Cats cannot leave Diebler and Lighty on the wings. I say Liggins will be guarding Lighty and Lamb will be guarding Diebler and I'm comfortable with that.

Brandon Knight has to be the leader and run the team the way he has been. He needs to feed off of his great play against WVU. I'd say Lighty or Buford will be guarding him and I feel good about that.

Terrence Jones needs to come up big in this one as well. He hasn't been anything near great on offense, but people are looking over the way he has played defense and the way he has rebounded. He'll likely be guarding Lauderdale and I see that as an advantage for UK. If he can continue his great effort on the defensive end and have a big game offensively (which I can see him having), then Kentucky has a really good chance of winning this one.

Harrellson could easily get into foul trouble early trying to keep up with Sullinger, so when it is time for Vargas to play his 7-8 minutes, he needs to try his darndest to disrupt things in the post for Sullinger and Lauderdale.

Kentucky can win this basketball game and I predict they will.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:I like this matchup. Kentucky's big guards will play much better defense on Lighty, Buford, and Diebler than GMU's did. These are the kind of games that should pump you up, so I expect for our guys to come in confident, but calm and cool. I have faith that UK can pull this off.

Kentucky needs to play one-on-one against Sullinger in my opinion and bring the help defense in if needed. Let the big guy get his points (because he's probably going to get them anyway). Though if they can get him into foul trouble, that would be fantastic. I don't think you can double team Sullinger because he is a great passing big man and will just dump it off to Lauderdale or kick it out to the shooters.

Ohio State surely won't shoot the way did against George Mason. The Cats cannot leave Diebler and Lighty on the wings. I say Liggins will be guarding Lighty and Lamb will be guarding Diebler and I'm comfortable with that.

Brandon Knight has to be the leader and run the team the way he has been. He needs to feed off of his great play against WVU. I'd say Lighty or Buford will be guarding him and I feel good about that.

Terrence Jones needs to come up big in this one as well. He hasn't been anything near great on offense, but people are looking over the way he has played defense and the way he has rebounded. He'll likely be guarding Lauderdale and I see that as an advantage for UK. If he can continue his great effort on the defensive end and have a big game offensively (which I can see him having), then Kentucky has a really good chance of winning this one.

Harrellson could easily get into foul trouble early trying to keep up with Sullinger, so when it is time for Vargas to play his 7-8 minutes, he needs to try his darndest to disrupt things in the post for Sullinger and Lauderdale.

You are so optimistic.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:I like this matchup. Kentucky's big guards will play much better defense on Lighty, Buford, and Diebler than GMU's did. These are the kind of games that should pump you up, so I expect for our guys to come in confident, but calm and cool. I have faith that UK can pull this off.

Terrence Jones needs to come up big in this one as well. He hasn't been anything near great on offense, but people are looking over the way he has played defense and rebounded. He'll likely be guarding Lauderdale and I see that as an advantage for UK. If he can continue his great effort on the defensive end and have a big game offensively (which I can see him having), then Kentucky has a really good chance of winning this one.

Good Post ODM43 And I Hope Your Right.

2 Straight Games That Ohio State Has Had 10+ 3 pointers. They had 12 against Texas-San Antonio and 17 against George Mason.

If Kentucky Comes Out and Plays Like They Did In The SEC Tournament, And Against West Virginia Then It Will Be Close, If They Come Out And Play Like They Did Against Princeton (Which I Don't Think Will Happen) Then Ohio State will Runaway With This Game. Prove Me Wrong Cats
Aslan Wrote:You are so optimistic.

Why be negative? And if you think you're being realistic, then you don't know what March Madness is.
This is the NCAA tournament. Anything can happen, and Kentucky is more than capable of beating OSU.

Kentucky 78
Ohio State 75

You lost most of your credibility when you failed to mention (in my opinion) the best player in Scarlet & Gray... William Buford.

Ohio State is a very complete team, Buford/Lighty/Diebler makes for a three headed three point shooting monster, and all of them are capable of putting it on the floor and going down for an impressive finish. Diebler is more likely to stay back and pop the three but Lighty and Buford will beat you off the dribble. They're long and athletic. This is where Kentucky's issue may be, they have the length in the guards with Liggins and Miller but I'm not sure they have the quickness of Lighty and Buford.

Harrelson will match up well against Sully. Jorts has a huge body, but he needs to be aware that OSU's game runs through Sullinger. The feed goes into Jared where he either gets his shot, gets fouled (he's a solid FT shooter) or gets extra attention and swings it back out to the open wing who will make you pay.

I think the matchup is tough for my Buckeyes, and it makes me nervous. I am confident with Craft guarding Knight, I just hope it's Buford on Jones, Sully on Jorts, Lighty on Lamb, and Diebler on whoever is easiest to guard cause the kid couldn't guard the free throw line itself. Hopefully Cal can figure out what kind of defense they're playing Tongue Go Buckeyes!
Ohio State is the best team in the country and if they play up to their potential, it won't matter what UK does. UK will need to play their best game of the year to have a shot at an upset.

I agree with Harrellson could easily get in foul trouble and this would be tough to overcome. UK needs to play like they did in SEC Champ game and Ohio needs to shot just average in the game. If the shoot three's like agianst GM, nobody beats them. Cats will have to play entire 40 mins to win. I do think we are better than GM, but that was an impressive performance by Ohio. I would feel much better about the game if I would have not watch Ohio St play todays game. It was impressive. It is March Maddness and anything can happen; GO CATS!!
Cats by 2. Or Buckeyes by 2. It's a toss-up if you ask me.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I remain optimistic. I will make this statement confidently: If UK beats OSU, they will go to the finals of the NCAA tournament. Nobody outside of Kansas presents a problem for the Cats like OSU.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Why be negative? And if you think you're being realistic, then you don't know what March Madness is.

I'm just being realistic. It's an awful match up for us on paper. What you're saying sounds great, but it's not completely true. If we play our best, and they play their best, they'd beat us by double digits. JH can't guard Sully with no help, and if we double, like you said he's a great passer and will find the open shooter. Lauderdale is another big man that they have, that's a shot blocker, and will definitely give us trouble.
I'm not saying UK can't beat OSU, but they are the most complete team in the nation, and they are the last of the 1 seeds that'd I'd want to play.
If Enes were eligible, we wouldn't even have to discuss the possibility of beating them.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Ohio State is the best team in the country and if they play up to their potential, it won't matter what UK does. UK will need to play their best game of the year to have a shot at an upset.

I do concur.
Kentucky will have to have everybody hitting on all cylinders to get the W, and maybe not even then.
I think we pull it out if Harrellson and Miller show up big time.
lol, I just can't pick against the Cats. But, I do think we can and will win this one. We've probably been one of the least-talked about teams in the tourny this year. I think that is about to change.
go Cats by 3
vundy33 Wrote:lol, I just can't pick against the Cats. But, I do think we can and will win this one. We've probably been one of the least-talked about teams in the tourny this year. I think that is about to change.

We win and you are right, the talk will start about UK.
"Liggins is coming…….and h***s coming with him, we aint bringin no colonial league team"

Best quote I have seen about this game.
I'd say the run ends here.
OSU is just too good in too many areas for us to beat them.
I don't see us taking away the inside game from OSU so I think our best shot is to lock-down the outside shooters and try to speed the game up when we have the ball.
Going to be an interesting game.
Kentucky actually matches up better with Ohio State than you might expect.

It shall be interesting.
vundy33 Wrote:lol, I just can't pick against the Cats. But, I do think we can and will win this one. We've probably been one of the least-talked about teams in the tourny this year. I think that is about to change.

True.
And I hope you're right.
I would love to see UK win this game. I just don't think it will happen.
Aslan Wrote:Yep, Kentucky's season ends Friday.
Ohio State is the most complete team in the nation.

outdoorsman43 Wrote:Why be negative? And if you think you're being realistic, then you don't know what March Madness is.

So if you think that OSU is going to win you aren't being realistic?
UK is playing the top seed in the tournament at a neutral site....
not Arkansas on the road.

Explain to me how predicting OSU to win is being "unrealistic"?
UK wins a barn burner.
No shot of this being a neutral site. The BBN will show up in force.
it will be a very tall order for UK to win this game, but they can win it. neither team is very deep so foul trouble could be an issue, especially for UK inside. we all can say that OSU cant play as well this week as they did the other night but if they play close to that level not many teams could stay close. were they having a great game and will come back to earth or are they peaking? i think kentucky keeps it close but at the end of the game they will start fouling and OSU ends up with a 7-8 point win. i hope i am wrong, but its hard to bet against the #1 team that just put up a game like they just did.