Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheerleading at Baseball games?
cheering at baseball games...
What you guys/girls think?

i say no because i dont even think the cheerleaders should cheer at football and basketball games.
they dont change the game or anything.
i think you should get out of the cheerleading forum, since all you have to say is negative things. Smile
^ tts
SweetTea Wrote:cheering at baseball games...
What you guys/girls think?

i say no because i dont even think the cheerleaders should cheer at football and basketball games.
they dont change the game or anything.

You are obviously clueless when it comes to LIFE in general.
i also dont think they should cheer at baseball games for the simple fact its boring and there may be 30-40 people at an average baseball game anyways as well as the expense of getting there (bus, food etc) when theres nobody there to cheer to, however, when it comes to football and basketball its part of the game and part of the atmosphere.
Kudos to the cheerleaders on this site for doing what you do.
Bolt Wrote:You are obviously clueless when it comes to LIFE in general.
i also dont think they should cheer at baseball games for the simple fact its boring and there may be 30-40 people at an average baseball game anyways as well as the expense of getting there (bus, food etc) when theres nobody there to cheer to, however, when it comes to football and basketball its part of the game and part of the atmosphere.
Kudos to the cheerleaders on this site for doing what you do.
That is kind of hypocritical. You get on to him for bashing cheerleading, which I disagree with as well, but then you proceed to bash the sport of baseball.
What are we trying to get at with this thread
What is this Japan?

Japanese Baseball Cheerleaders

[Image: http://factsanddetails.com/media/2/20090...ery2-8.jpg]
[Image: http://factsanddetails.com/skins/country.../pmark.gif] In the bleachers, paid cheering squads, often decked out in yukata and hopi jackets in the official team colors, bang drums, blow horns, clap plastic bats, sing personalized fight songs, and yell and chant into plastic megaphones when they are instructed by male cheerleaders who wear white gloves, stand on small platforms and blow whistles and look like traffic policemen as they direct cheers.
When players from the opposing team are at bat the cheerleaders quietly take their seats while the cheerleaders for the other team take their turn. The cheerleaders have tryouts and practices; ones that can’t sing or shout so well become designated clappers.

[Image: http://factsanddetails.com/skins/country.../pmark.gif] Many of the cheers are scripted and the fans are expected to follow them in unison. Some teams issue lyric sheets before the games. The job of the cheerleaders is make sure everyone os one cue. A typical cheer goes like this: “Cut trough the roaring thunder with you swing! Bark! Fight! Advance towards glorious victory!” each player has his own individual song. [Source: Washington Post]

[Image: http://factsanddetails.com/skins/country.../pmark.gif] The yakuza are reportedly deeply involved in baseball cheering groups, and use connections through the groups to obtain good tickets for scalping and reportedly even extort money from food vendors.
No, because you have no where to put them, and they would have to watch out for flying baseballs, weather its a foul ball, line drives, pop ups, etc. etc. they could seriously get hurt plus i don't think high school baseball gets that big of a crowd, well not like basketball and football anyways. As for Basketball and Football, yes, they are there to support there team and they can see if a player is running out of bounds or not and where the ball is going and get a chance to move, baseball however, when you turn around its right there and they wouldn't have time to move
think that would be a no! too distracting!
I don't think cheerleading is a sport,and it would ruin the game of baseball
stingersoftball Wrote:think that would be a no! too distracting!
I agree with you stinger I don't want to see a kid get one in the ear at 90 nor would I like to see the cheerleader take a line drive. What would be even worse ,the third base coach taking a linedrive in his left ear. If he lived he might have some explaining to do to his wife as to why he failed to make the stop.
Panther Thunder Wrote:That is kind of hypocritical. You get on to him for bashing cheerleading, which I disagree with as well, but then you proceed to bash the sport of baseball.
It's ok PT let Bolt try and keep a baseball book. Boring only to the folks who have little understanding of the dynamics of "The Game".Personally I don't have to have fans at games but a nice Lefty going 12/6,88 and 2.0 along with a a couple of runners at 6.8 with good heads would be nice indeed. It would be nice as well to have the Top handling the BBCOR.
People that think baseball is boring clearly have no understanding of how wonderfully complex the game is.
I think they should cheer home basketball games only because indoors you can hear them so the fans can cheer along. Not so much outdoors. We're always sure to support them at the Expo though!