Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 57th District in game winner?
Anyone know the results?
jc won I think
Paintsville runner-up and JC the winner. Was told SC chose not to participate. Also was told judges were out of Morehead, 16th region. Good choice to use judges outside of the 15th region with no ties to any school.
Congrats Lady Tigers! Keeping it simple and doing it right.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Wow! No offense, but I thought for sure It would be Johnson Central and Lawrence County. What happened to them??

OH, and I must say that Magoffin County isn't a terrible squad, and I see them being a big competitor in the future!!
where was LC??!!!!
^ ya i wonder? they were on here earlier this year braggin and saying tehy looked good! but yet i dont see them mentioned..... guess they couldnt proove me wrong. dont see em on here either.
I recently heard that Lawrence and Sheldon Clark did not recieve any information about rules changes, etc. These coaches asked JC about them and they were informed that they were not allowed to stunt or tumble during the announcing of the players. However, the JC squad did just that.........hmm?
cheer1020 Wrote:I recently heard that Lawrence and Sheldon Clark did not recieve any information about rules changes, etc. These coaches asked JC about them and they were informed that they were not allowed to stunt or tumble during the announcing of the players. However, the JC squad did just that.........hmm?

i recently heard nobody cares anyways because cheerleading isnt a sport. khsaa told me so
cheer1020 Wrote:I recently heard that Lawrence and Sheldon Clark did not recieve any information about rules changes, etc. These coaches asked JC about them and they were informed that they were not allowed to stunt or tumble during the announcing of the players. However, the JC squad did just that.........hmm?

It is always best to check rule changes from year to year at KAPOS. Therefore, Lawrence and Sheldon Clark coaches should have been aware of any changes. The unknown can always cause a problem. Take care of your own by being informed. Don't blame others for what you don't know.
As for what JC did, I was not there to see what happened during intros. But, I do know that they have a coach that keeps up with all rule changes and if in doubt contacts Lucy Moore from Morehead who has been with KAPOS for many many years. You can find info at the KHSAA website. And as for it not being a sport, yea that is the ruling by KHSAA , but all info for cheerleading is sanctioned by KHSAA. Go figure!
Bubbles Wrote:It is always best to check rule changes from year to year at KAPOS. Therefore, Lawrence and Sheldon Clark coaches should have been aware of any changes. The unknown can always cause a problem. Take care of your own by being informed. Don't blame others for what you don't know.
As for what JC did, I was not there to see what happened during intros. But, I do know that they have a coach that keeps up with all rule changes and if in doubt contacts Lucy Moore from Morehead who has been with KAPOS for many many years. You can find info at the KHSAA website. And as for it not being a sport, yea that is the ruling by KHSAA , but all info for cheerleading is sanctioned by KHSAA. Go figure!

Lawrence County did look up any new/recent rule changes, and were ready to compete. JC's coach (Sturgill) went up to LC's not once, BUT TWICE, and told her they werent allowed to stunt or tumble during pre-game. Therefore, LC stood on the sidelines and kicked and jumped. Two nights later, when it was JC's turn to be judged, not only did they tumble, they had an organzied series of stunts.

I wonder if LC's coach was told this because of LC's performance against JC in previous games. fullups to stretches, running fulls, etc......hmmmm.