Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 7th & 8th Grade State Championship Favorites?
Old_Jacket Wrote:Williamsburg is D3 and only have >60 boys in their M.S. compared to Bell who has 250+. They will have a better game versus a school similar to their size.
I believe they are playing Frankfort in the Lex Cath bowl. A semi-final team from last year so they aren't exactly trying to get an easy game.
Hey Newjacket I wasnt trying to be smart with you, I just thought it would be a good matchup between two good teams.I hope you didnt think i was being cockey. I agree with playing bigger schools, but the Corbins and the North & South Laurels wont play us.
CatBlue Wrote:Hey Newjacket I wasnt trying to be smart with you, I just thought it would be a good matchup between two good teams.I hope you didnt think i was being cockey. I agree with playing bigger schools, but the Corbins and the North & South Laurels wont play us.
Sorry for taking that wrong. We already have Clay, Wayne, McCreary and Corbin scheduled. I guess coach just didn't think we had room for another school as big as Bell. Next years schedule is already tougher than last. I'll ask him after practice tonight.
KnightTime Wrote:In response to footballfever, The Lexington Catholic 7th grade wasn't all the great because the majority of the 8th grade team was made up of seventh graders. I think there were a total of 10 seventh graders that were starters or major contributors to the 8th grade state runners up.

How many middle schools make up LexCath middle football team. Do they just have one Middle School?
Northern Pulaski will be strong in both grades 7th and 8th.
Hustle Wrote:How many middle schools make up LexCath middle football team. Do they just have one Middle School?

See here.

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...hp?t=94398
Farnsley Wildcats...
The Farnsley Wildcats now have a 7th grade team. We look forward to meeting the great middle school teams throughout the league. Good luck and safety to all!
I've recently heard that Bell would be loaded this season.........can you confirm this ?
I dont know about being loaded, but they should be pretty strong, they return a lot of players from last year.
Do they have any key players returning ?
I Think That You All Should Watch Out For Hazard. The Reason I Say So Is Because Last Year Their Starting QB Was Hurt In Practice. He Is 5'8" And About 150 lbs. He Has A Cannon, He Throws The Ball About 50 yds.:1:
8th grade favorite has got to be North Laurel, Johnson Co., maybe even Boyd Co.
most of the 7th graders played on the 8th grade team suck as Sam Letton, Jaylen Jones, Noah Tuberty, and Drake Jackson. They will all have 3 years of 8th grade excperiance so they be loaded.
Why is no one even talking about the 7th grade state champs from last year. Seems to Me they would be at least one of the favorites to win the 8th this year. I know last year everyone thought Johnson county would win 7th grade and Northern Pulaski waxed them in championship game.
Anyone who has seen Greenups to be 7th grade play, will agree they have to be considered in the favorites. I also heard they may have a few holdbacks from the class above them. If this happens, look out.
So...will Bell be playing anyone in the Lex. Catholic Bowl ???
Rumors have it that Boyd County is getting another transfer to its 8th grade team, a running back that is superior to Baker. The transfer is out of Ohio.
ashfan Wrote:Rumors have it that Boyd County is getting another transfer to its 8th grade team, a running back that is superior to Baker. The transfer is out of Ohio.

Who is it? Where are they from?
The info on him is not available yet, he has to register with the school system at Boyd before his name will be made public.
Kosar Wrote:Anyone who has seen Greenups to be 7th grade play, will agree they have to be considered in the favorites. I also heard they may have a few holdbacks from the class above them. If this happens, look out.

Thanks Kosar, we expect big things this season. Can't wait to get started.
I just heard that LCath won the 7on7 tournament @UK this weekend without losing a game.
freeagent Wrote:So...will Bell be playing anyone in the Lex. Catholic Bowl ???
Yes, they will be playing a little ole team from Louisville. Westport Middle I believe. Bell needs to be easy on them.
Lol
are u serious? 14 is the right age for 7th grade. I saw NL play and saw all of their players and not a single one of them has a beard. That is a just a typical stereotype for teams who are good. I hate when teams work hard and become real good, then people are accussing them of being to old. Schools cant even allow kids to old to play. so the next time you check on the school ages which are wrong, check on how old somebody can be to play at a certain grade.
how good is south laurel going to be this year?
never heard of'em
They are in Louisville. 2nd year of football there. Bad new coach though! They might win a game or two!
JC may have a down year.
tigers11 Wrote:JC may have a down year.

What is your logic behind this statement?