Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 7th & 8th Grade State Championship Favorites?
I think JC will be as strong as ever! Well coached team and good group of kids.
How is Northern Pulaski not considered favorites?:please:
Bell Middle scrimmaged Northern Pulaski the other day and they do have a strong team but so does Bell, They were about equal.
I think Bell should definately be in mix for state favorites. They really proved theirselves in The Battle of the Summit scrimmage bowl game this saturday (beating boyd 22-0).
Bell County looked good yesterday in the Battle at the Summit.
Kosar Wrote:Anyone who has seen Greenups to be 7th grade play, will agree they have to be considered in the favorites. I also heard they may have a few holdbacks from the class above them. If this happens, look out.

My son is the QB on the Rams team. He loves playing GC because its a battle every game. No doubt GC's seventh grade class will be a team to watch. We love this matchup. Hopefully we can pull off the upset this year. I believe we have the talent! The coaching should be better. I won't be on the field. Just coaching from the stands!!
I saw Lex Cath play at Woodford Co last night was not impressed.
Bell Co for sure!
After what JC 7th did to Greenup County 7th Saturday, I have to think that Johnson County is now the favorite in the East. 38-16 win for JC. 24-0 @ halftime. Eagles play Boyd County on the 22nd.
Allsports#1 Wrote:East Carter Bowl
9/4 GC vs Rowan CO. 30-0
9/5 GC vs East Carter 44-0
9/6 GC vs Raceland 12-6 Championship Game

Regular Season

9/11 GC vs Raceland 18-6
9/14 GC vs Garrison 40-0
9/21 GC vs Vanceburg 38-0
9/25 GC vs East Carter 48-12
10/2 GC vs Raceland 8-0
10/12 GC vs Vanceburg 36-0
10/16 GC vs East Carter 38-0

*GC Bowl
10-30 GC vs Boyd Co. 36-6
11/2 GC vs Ashland 46-0 Championship Game

12 wins 0 loses
Point total for the 2010 year 394-30....This is from there 6th grade season.

The season isn't starting out all that great. What a difference a year can make. Ashland Bowl vs Johnson C. I think the halftime score was something like JC 24-- GC 0.. Some JC fans said a lot of subbing in the second half. One kid had five td's for JC.
BCMS-WILDCATS Wrote:I think JC will be as strong as ever! Well coached team and good group of kids.

Sounds like they have a stud back.. And a very solid D.
[quote=Kosar]Anyone who has seen Greenups to be 7th grade play, will agree they have to be considered in the favorites. I also heard they may have a few holdbacks from the class above them. If this happens, look out.[/QUOTE]

Got a feeling Johnson Co didn't read this post. And it don't look like they had seen your team play. Cause they didn't look out! JC 24---GC 0 at the half. Lots of subbing the second half for JC. I know it was a battle each game we had with GC. But last season was last season. And kids come and go. Some get bigger and stronger faster then others. ect ect. Good luck the rest of the season. Of course except when we play each other!!
GC has a good team JC is just that much better. JC is the favorite to win it in my book.
Kosar Wrote:I dont know that anyone in the area will give GC a challange. They will have to step it up once they get in the playoffs and play teams from other areas of the state. I watched this team twice last season and they are really really good. Coupon21 has these boys playing some football, I think they run the belly as well as our high school team....lol. The Dillon boy is great back.

believe JC beat both of GC's 7th and 8th grade.
ashfan Wrote:8th Grade....if any team defeats Boyd this year in the NEKC, i will be shocked.

Don't know about NEKC. But I believe BC just got beat 22-0 this past week. Was that the 8th grade?
grim_reminder Wrote:GC has a good team JC is just that much better. JC is the favorite to win it in my book.

I know GC had a good team last year. They beat us three times. All the games very close. Great games. But when GC starts playing on their own level it's going to get a little tougher.
All I have heard in the past is how good this 7th grade team is from Greenup. I heard about the undefeated season last year and how many times they beat our RAMS. But I agree PRF1168, this year is a different story. Caldwell at QB has grown and will continue to be a factor, plus the running game and line blocking is different in the middle school level. Raceland middle school program teaches and focuses on the basics, Fundamentals of the game, fine tuning the system and improving on kids weaknesses. I look for a good game with GC but have to say that Raceland will have much more to offer this year. Should be a good game!
Ram-Fan Wrote:All I have heard in the past is how good this 7th grade team is from Greenup. I heard about the undefeated season last year and how many times they beat our RAMS. But I agree PRF1168, this year is a different story. Caldwell at QB has grown and will continue to be a factor, plus the running game and line blocking is different in the middle school level. Raceland middle school program teaches and focuses on the basics, Fundamentals of the game, fine tuning the system and improving on kids weaknesses. I look for a good game with GC but have to say that Raceland will have much more to offer this year. Should be a good game!
Heard GC's coach say JC was the best team the 7th grade has seen in 3 yrs.
I dont think I'd be counting GC out quite yet, I think that makes 2 loses in 3yrs for them.
Why is no one talking about the Shelby Valley team who defeated Lawrence Co. yesterday 36-20? This team is very good and they are in Division 3 wich is the smaller schools and Lawrence is Division 1 or 2.
wildcat all day Wrote:Why is no one talking about the Shelby Valley team who defeated Lawrence Co. yesterday 36-20? This team is very good and they are in Division 3 wich is the smaller schools and Lawrence is Division 1 or 2.

Tell us a little about the team. I would love to learn more about their program as I am not familliar with them. Talk them up...people will listen.
I am originally from Greenup CO and would love to possibly set up a game between CAL and Greenup Co middle schools if you are interested? long trip, but we could make it happen.
Lexington Catholic will be ready .