Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
How about those Gas Prices?
(03-08-2021, 12:07 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 09:51 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 08:58 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 07:25 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: The price in Falls Church, Virginia ranges from $2.44 to $2.69 right now. Elections have consequences.
July 2008 yes elections have consequences Wrong Way Quooter
I remember them prices
Since you have such a good memory I'm sure you remember back when we became energy independent under President Trump. Good old days...

Quite an interesting juxtaposition there.  Trump ...Good old days... attempted coup ... democracy nearly nearly crumbled.   Shame.
LOL ignorant and brainwashed beyond words.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Hoot Gibson
Prices in Falls Church, Virginia ranged from $2.74 to $2.95 today. The chart below shows the price of crude oil, the national average gasoline price, and the average gasoline prices for Kentucky and Virginia over the past 6 months. Coincidentally, the higher prices all plot higher for dates after election day.

[Image: https://charts.gasbuddy.com/ch.gaschart?...%20%24%2FG]
(03-17-2021, 02:02 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Prices in Falls Church, Virginia ranged from $2.74 to $2.95 today. The chart below shows the price of crude oil, the national average gasoline price, and the average gasoline prices for Kentucky and Virginia over the past 6 months. Coincidentally, the higher prices all plot higher for dates after election day.

Look on the brighter side Quooter with the $1,400 or $2,800 dollars President Biden has gave you look at all the free gasoline you can get

$1,400 you can buy 511 gallons of gas
$1,400 you can buy 474 gallons of gas
If you are married 
$2,800 you can buy 1,021 gallons of gas
$2,800 you can buy 949 gallon of gas
So look on the positive side Quooter President Biden is giving you free gasoline
(03-17-2021, 02:37 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
(03-17-2021, 02:02 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Prices in Falls Church, Virginia ranged from $2.74 to $2.95 today. The chart below shows the price of crude oil, the national average gasoline price, and the average gasoline prices for Kentucky and Virginia over the past 6 months. Coincidentally, the higher prices all plot higher for dates after election day.

Look on the brighter side Quooter with the $1,400 or $2,800 dollars President Biden has gave you look at all the free gasoline you can get

$1,400 you can buy 511 gallons of gas
$1,400 you can buy 474 gallons of gas
If you are married 
$2,800 you can buy 1,021 gallons of gas
$2,800 you can buy 949 gallon of gas
So look on the positive side Quooter President Biden is giving you free gasoline
Sorry, I have not fallen for the notion that the government can give anybody "free stuff." As Milton Friedman said, there is no such thing as a free lunch. What is free to you, somebody else pays for, and in the case of those checks to which you referred, I am paying for them. The long term cost will far outstrip the benefit.
The price of a gallon of regular gas at the station nearest my home is $2.89. The national average is now $3.02/gallon and rising fast.
Saw as low as 2.49 on the North Carolina coast and as high as 3.25 in Northern Kentucky over the last few days !
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
The national average is $3.08/gallon.
(06-17-2021, 11:47 PM)Spirit100 Wrote: Saw as low as 2.49 on the North Carolina coast and as high as 3.25 in Northern Kentucky over the last few days !
Where at on the North Carolina coast? I live on the NC coast, I have not seen anything that low. Lowest I've seen is 2.75.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(06-18-2021, 09:24 AM)Jarons Wrote:
(06-17-2021, 11:47 PM)Spirit100 Wrote: Saw as low as 2.49 on the North Carolina coast and as high as 3.25 in Northern Kentucky over the last few days !
Where at on the North Carolina coast? I live on the NC coast, I have not seen anything that low. Lowest I've seen is 2.75.
Jarons,

It was late in the night when i typed this and i quick fingered a 4 instead of a 6. Saw 2.69 in Morehead City. I have family in AB and Morehead. Whereabouts are you in that area ?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
(06-18-2021, 03:54 PM)Spirit100 Wrote:
Jarons,

It was late in the night when i typed this and i quick fingered a 4 instead of a 6. Saw 2.69 in Morehead City. I have family in AB and Morehead. Whereabouts are you in that area ?

I live in Jacksonville.  I just got home from Morehead City a few minutes ago.  Went to see Big Rock Blue Marlin tournament. Then drove through Atlantic Beach going to the Bogue Inlet Pier on Emerald Isle.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The average cost of a gallon of regular unleaded gas in this country is now $3.13.
time for a tesla? hehe...that fire in the gulf OMG
(06-18-2021, 10:15 PM)Jarons Wrote:
(06-18-2021, 03:54 PM)Spirit100 Wrote:
Jarons,

I live in Jacksonville.  I just got home from Morehead City a few minutes ago.  Went to see Big Rock Blue Marlin tournament. Then drove through Atlantic Beach going to the Bogue Inlet Pier on Emerald Isle..

Crazy $$$ exchanging hands to catch big fish ! We love that whole region. Especially Cape Lookout and the other barrier islands.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
I guess the gas prices have stable since Quooter has nothing to post.
Gas prices are still rising and Biden is still president, so there really is no news to report. Gas prices, along with the rate of inflation are soaring as could be expected after the inauguration.

The national average cost for a gallon of regular unleaded gasoline stands at $3.16/gallon.
Gas Price Port Richey FL. $2.77 Gallon
Friggin redonkulous - - get out of Opecs pocket Joe and comrades ! Open back up the pipelines you shut down and end the Communist connection with the russians and chinese ...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Mahatma Gandhi
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spirit100's post:
  • Hoot Gibson
Just buy an electric and not worry about gas.
The national average is now $3.49/gallon for regular unleaded. That is the highest price since 2014 and the price is still rising.

The national average price for a gallon of regular unleaded gasoline now stands at $3.55. With the Russian invasion of Ukraine, prices are likely to soar even more rapidly than they have since January 20th of last year. It's time to fill our tanks and to stock up on toilet paper again. Get used to waiting in long lines.
The national average price for a gallon of regular unleaded gasoline now stands at $3.55. That is 2 cents higher than it was only 8 hours ago. $4.00/gallon gas is coming to a station near you soon, no matter where you live.
(02-24-2022, 11:34 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: The national average price for a gallon of regular unleaded gasoline now stands at $3.55. That is 2 cents higher than it was only 8 hours ago. $4.00/gallon gas is coming to a station near you soon, no matter where you live.
^I meant $3.57. Now, only a few minutes later the price is just shy of $3.58. One thing that the federal government could do to slow the rate of increase in gas prices would be to require maximum telecommuting for federal agencies to reduce demand and to encourage private companies to follow suit. In the longer term, leasing of federal oil and gas reserves should resume and the Biden needs to reverse course on pipelines in this country.
The national average for regular unleaded gasoline stands at $3,60/gallon. If President Biden does the right thing and stops the purchase of oil from Ukraine, without reversing his disastrous energy policy blunders, the price of gas will begin rising even faster. 

I don't like paying a higher price for gasoline but not as much as I dislike helping finance an unjust war against innocent Ukrainian civilians.
Kentucky is beginning to feel the pain of the rest of the country after enjoying some of the lowest gasoline prices in the country. 

Gas prices will almost certainly reach $5/gallon unless Biden does something to convince American oil producers that his administration will not pull the rug from under their feet if they invest heavily to increase domestic oil production. So far, the Biden administration has refused to ban Russian oil imports or to roll back any of his anti-fossil fuel policies.

The average gas price in this area of Virginia has now passed $4.00/gal., with one station's price now at $4.19. If there is another week of weak action or no action to stabilize gas prices in this country, it is unlikely that there will be any area of the country selling gas for under $4.00/gal. a week from now. 
$4.19/gal. at the closest gas station to my home now. The national average stands at $4.02/gal. This is the cost of incompetence in Washington, DC.
The closest gas station to my home has bumped its price up to $3.42/gallon. I guess I should consider taking the Biden administration's advice to buy an electric vehicle to save money on gas.
The national average price for a gallon of regular unleaded has reached an all time record of $4.37. The gas station closest to my home is selling at a $4.45/gallon price and other nearby stations have already reached $4.59/gallon. Meanwhile, the brain trust in the White House is draining the nation's strategic petroleum reserves and is dirtying our air by suspending the requirement for cars to burn gas mixtures that reduce smog in the summer.
The national average price has risen by 9 cents/gallon in only 6 days. The price of a gallon of regular unleaded gas at the closest gas station to my home has risen 19 cents/gallon over the same period. Imagine how high the cost of gas will be if Joe Biden serves a full term in office! I remember watching the price of gas and other necessities skyrocket under Nixon, Ford, and Carter but never have prices risen so much, so fast in this country as they have on Biden's watch of less than 17 months. 

Nor did prices rise this fast during any of the wars involving American troops during my lifetime. Putin is a war criminal but his war on Ukraine is not the cause of inflation in the U.S.
I cant even fill my tank anymore, pump shuts me off. BOHICA
[-] The following 1 user Likes plantmanky's post:
  • Hoot Gibson