Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Says Republicans Must Solve the Big Lie or Their Voters Won’t Vote
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/...li=BBnb7Kz

Does this not bother the Republicans on here?  It pretty much proves that Trump does not care about the GOP platform at all, he just cares about himself.

“Telling everyone that the race was stolen when it wasn’t cost the Republicans two Senate seats,” said Erick Erickson, a syndicated conservative radio show host and blogger in Georgia. “The going all-in on the cult of personality around President Trump hurt them as a result. They had to play up this, ‘There’s no way Donald Trump could have lost. It had to be stolen from him.’ “

Trump is now calling on Republicans not to vote — declaring “Republicans will not be voting in ‘22 or ‘24” if his election fraud hoax is not “solved” first. He helped Republicans lose two Georgia Senate seats in January. Now he seems ready to try it again in the midterms.
^^^I will no longer discuss lies and propaganda about a former president with fake Rpublican voters on here. If you ever want to talk about spiraling inflation, shortages of goods, open borders, or any of the dozens of other boondoggles foisted on us by the current administration - which is a national disaster and embarrassment and worldwide disgrace - by all means start a thread. I won't hold my breath.
(10-14-2021, 01:42 PM)The Outsider Wrote: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/...li=BBnb7Kz

Does this not bother the Republicans on here?  It pretty much proves that Trump does not care about the GOP platform at all, he just cares about himself.

“Telling everyone that the race was stolen when it wasn’t cost the Republicans two Senate seats,” said Erick Erickson, a syndicated conservative radio show host and blogger in Georgia. “The going all-in on the cult of personality around President Trump hurt them as a result. They had to play up this, ‘There’s no way Donald Trump could have lost. It had to be stolen from him.’ “

Trump is now calling on Republicans not to vote — declaring “Republicans will not be voting in ‘22 or ‘24” if his election fraud hoax is not “solved” first. He helped Republicans lose two Georgia Senate seats in January. Now he seems ready to try it again in the midterms.
As usual, the biased article to which you linked does not actually quote Trump, it delivers an interpretation of what he said. Others who have read Trump's actual quote have interpreted what he said differently. I am not sure which interpretation is correct but I am pretty sure that when Trump clarifies what he said, he will not be encouraging Republicans not to vote. Otherwise, there would be no point in Trump endorsing candidates and campaigning on their behalf.

Personally, I wish that Trump would announce that he would not be running for president in 2024 and focus on advocating for fair elections and opposing so-called voting rights legislation that makes it easier for Democrats to rig elections. Trump could be a powerful force for true election reform if he stopped campaigning on his own behalf. He could announce that ensuring fair elections is more important to him than winning another term in the White House. As unpopular as Joe Biden is, it would be very difficult for Democrats to rig the 2022 and 2024 elections if Trump the statesman were traveling the country holding Democrats accountable for efforts to undermine fair elections.
Points taken--- however. From 2016 to 2020, one man stood against both conferences in the US Senate. DJT

Paul Ryan as Speaker of the House, did all that he could do to thwart the effectiveness of the 45th President of the United States to his last day in office on Jan 2019. 3 full years shot to pieces and on the Senate side Mitch hasn't been one iota better. Heck, everybody except a precious few Repubs like Jim Jordan, Devin Nunez and John Radcliff was snarking and sabotaging his presidency from day one to day end.

I said this prior to his even taking office and I stand by it unto this day, there was not one other man in the field of contenders who could have withstood the daily lies and dogpiling that characterized the man's presidency. Dan Coats, Mark Milley,

Meanwhile the Dems and the media were merciless and relentless with their false scandals, lies, endless investigations and impeachment attempts. I hope Ron DeSantis or Ted Cruz can get to the Oval, I just wonder if any of them have a tiny fraction of a Trump chin.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(10-14-2021, 05:47 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: Points taken--- however. From 2016 to 2020, one man stood against both conferences in the US Senate. DJT

Paul Ryan as Speaker of the House, did all that he could do to thwart the effectiveness of the 45th President of the United States to his last day in office on Jan 2019. 3 full years shot to pieces and on the Senate side Mitch hasn't been one iota better. Heck, everybody except a precious few Repubs like Jim Jordan, Devin Nunez and John Radcliff was snarking and sabotaging his presidency from day one to day end.

I said this prior to his even taking office and I stand by it unto this day, there was not one other man in the field of contenders who could have withstood the daily lies and dogpiling that characterized the man's presidency. Dan Coats, Mark Milley,

Meanwhile the Dems and the media were merciless and relentless with their false scandals, lies, endless investigations and impeachment attempts. I hope Ron DeSantis or Ted Cruz can get to the Oval, I just wonder if any of them have a tiny fraction of a Trump chin.
We will have to agree to disagree, TRT. Trump narrowly defeated the worst two presidential candidates of my lifetime, IMO. As a manager of the Executive Branch, he made many terrible hiring decisions and also did a very poor job firing people because he went out of his way to humiliate people after they left the administration. I have zero doubt that he lost a rigged election in 2020 and I supported almost all of Trump's agenda and the actions that he took during his presidency. I also believe that Democrats and RINOs conspired to make sure that much of his agenda was thwarted through two bogus impeachments and the Russian collusion hoax.

In short, I will never be convinced that Trump did a better job in the White House than any other 2016 Republican candidate would have done. I do give him higher marks than any president since Reagan, but there have been no great presidents since Reagan. I do not want to see another 78-year old candidate become president in 2025 and I hate that Trump is discouraging potentially great Republican candidates from entering the race. I am sorry that Trump did not get the second term that he earned, but he is not even close to the best potential Republican candidate for 2024, IMO, and I wish that he would step aside and give younger candidates a shot.
(10-14-2021, 02:36 PM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^I will no longer discuss lies and propaganda about a former president with fake Rpublican voters on here. If you ever want to talk about spiraling inflation, shortages of goods, open borders, or any of the dozens of other boondoggles foisted on us by the current administration - which is a national disaster and embarrassment and worldwide disgrace - by all means start a thread. I won't hold my breath.

Geez ... Incredible! What lies? That Trump didn't cost the GOP two Senate seats? Every non-Qanon Republican in Congress knows that Trump has hurt , and is continuing to hurt, the party.
(10-14-2021, 06:19 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(10-14-2021, 05:47 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: Points taken--- however. From 2016 to 2020, one man stood against both conferences in the US Senate. DJT

We will have to agree to disagree, TRT. Trump narrowly defeated the worst two presidential candidates of my lifetime, IMO. As a manager of the Executive Branch, he made many terrible hiring decisions and also did a very poor job firing people because he went out of his way to humiliate people after they left the administration. I have zero doubt that he lost a rigged election in 2020 and I supported almost all of Trump's agenda and the actions that he took during his presidency. I also believe that Democrats and RINOs conspired to make sure that much of his agenda was thwarted through two bogus impeachments and the Russian collusion hoax.again.

In short, I will never be convinced that Trump did a better job in the White House than any other 2016 Republican candidate would have done. I do give him higher marks than any president since Reagan, but there have been no great presidents since Reagan. I do not want to see another 78-year old candidate become president in 2025 and I hate that Trump is discouraging potentially great Republican candidates from entering the race. I am sorry that Trump did not get the second term that he earned, but he is not even close to the best potential Republican candidate for 2024, IMO, and I wish that he would step aside and give younger candidates a shot.

I agree with most of what you stated, except for him defeating the worst 2 candidates.  I don't like Cruz, but he or DeSantis would be much better choices and would easily win the way it looks at this point in time.  The Dems will only be able to win if Trump happens to run.

(10-14-2021, 02:47 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(10-14-2021, 01:42 PM)The Outsider Wrote: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/...li=BBnb7Kz

As usual, the biased article to which you linked does not actually quote Trump, it delivers an interpretation of what he said. Others who have read Trump's actual quote have interpreted what he said differently. I am not sure which interpretation is correct but I am pretty sure that when Trump clarifies what he said, he will not be encouraging Republicans not to vote. Otherwise, there would be no point in Trump endorsing candidates and campaigning on their behalf.

Personally, I wish that Trump would announce that he would not be running for president in 2024 and focus on advocating for fair elections and opposing so-called voting rights legislation that makes it easier for Democrats to rig elections. Trump could be a powerful force for true election reform if he stopped campaigning on his own behalf. He could announce that ensuring fair elections is more important to him than winning another term in the White House. As unpopular as Joe Biden is, it would be very difficult for Democrats to rig the 2022 and 2024 elections if Trump the statesman were traveling the country holding Democrats accountable for efforts to undermine fair elections.

Here is the quote, "If we don't solve the Presidential Election Fraud of 2020 (which we have thoroughly and conclusively documented), Republicans will not be voting in '22 or '24," Trump said in a statement emailed to his supporters Wednesday.
(10-14-2021, 08:24 PM)The Outsider Wrote:
(10-14-2021, 06:19 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

We will have to agree to disagree, TRT. Trump narrowly defeated the worst two presidential candidates of my lifetime, IMO. As a manager of the Executive Branch, he made many terrible hiring decisions and also did a very poor job firing people because he went out of his way to humiliate people after they left the administration. I have zero doubt that he lost a rigged election in 2020 and I supported almost all of Trump's agenda and the actions that he took during his presidency. I also believe that Democrats and RINOs conspired to make sure that much of his agenda was thwarted through two bogus impeachments and the Russian collusion hoax.again.

I agree with most of what you stated, except for him defeating the worst 2 candidates.  I don't like Cruz, but he or DeSantis would be much better choices and would easily win the way it looks at this point in time.  The Dems will only be able to win if Trump happens to run.

(10-14-2021, 02:47 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

Here is the quote, "If we don't solve the Presidential Election Fraud of 2020 (which we have thoroughly and conclusively documented), Republicans will not be voting in '22 or '24," Trump said in a statement emailed to his supporters Wednesday.
Below is the full quote. As I said, the meaning of the quote is subject to interpretation. "...Republicans will not be voting in '22 or '24" could mean that Republican turnout will be down because so many voters believe that the elections will be rigged again. "It is the single most important for Republicans to do" could be a reference to voting rather than "not voting."

If Trump really meant that Republicans should boycott the 2022 and 2024 elections, then that would be an extremely stupid statement and I do not believe that he would be campaigning in so many states if he does not want people to vote.

Quote:“If we don’t solve the Presidential Election Fraud of 2020 (which we have thoroughly and conclusively documented), Republicans will not be voting in ‘22 or ‘24. It is the single most important thing for Republicans to do,” the former president’s statement read.
(10-14-2021, 06:22 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(10-14-2021, 02:36 PM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^I will no longer discuss lies and propaganda about a former president with fake Rpublican voters on here. If you ever want to talk about spiraling inflation, shortages of goods, open borders, or any of the dozens of other boondoggles foisted on us by the current administration - which is a national disaster and embarrassment and worldwide disgrace - by all means start a thread. I won't hold my breath.

Geez ... Incredible! What lies? That Trump didn't cost the GOP two Senate seats? Every non-Qanon Republican in Congress knows that Trump has hurt , and is continuing to hurt, the party.
If you ever want to talk about the current international disgrace of an administration let me know. I won't be responding to your never-ending lies and Blue-Anon propaganda any longer.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/...li=BBnb7Kz

Will his statement have an adverse effect on voter turnout?  His followers seem to disagree on this.

In several pro-Trump and QAnon Telegram channels, MAGA supporters have been arguing over whether to follow his advice.

"Donald Trump is, ostensibly, a Republican. But he has shown time and again -- both in the White House and now out of it -- that he cares little about helping the party and its other candidates,"

Cas Mudde, a professor of international affairs at the University of Georgia recently told Insider that Trump's threat is "mostly a power play."

"He wants to remain at the center of GOP politics and prevent the party from moving on without him," Mudde said.
(10-17-2021, 04:00 PM)The Outsider Wrote: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/...li=BBnb7Kz

Will his statement have an adverse effect on voter turnout?  His followers seem to disagree on this.

In several pro-Trump and QAnon Telegram channels, MAGA supporters have been arguing over whether to follow his advice.

"Donald Trump is, ostensibly, a Republican. But he has shown time and again -- both in the White House and now out of it -- that he cares little about helping the party and its other candidates,"

Cas Mudde, a professor of international affairs at the University of Georgia recently told Insider that Trump's threat is "mostly a power play."

"He wants to remain at the center of GOP politics and prevent the party from moving on without him," Mudde said.
^^^Far-left propaganda. Nobody knows anyone who knows anyone who even knows what QAnon is. More fake news.
^All Trump bashing, all the time.
(10-17-2021, 04:15 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: ^All Trump bashing, all the time.

So do you believe that his statement will have any effect upon the mid terms?  I think that it may because his statements before the GA runoff negatively affected the turnout for the GOP.  A lot of his followers are his followers and not really core Republicans, so I feel that many will sit out if he tells them to.
(10-18-2021, 10:45 PM)The Outsider Wrote:

So do you believe that his statement will have any effect upon the mid terms?  I think that it may because his statements before the GA runoff negatively affected the turnout for the GOP.  A lot of his followers are his followers and not really core Republicans, so I feel that many will sit out if he tells them to.
This is a lie. How many Democrats are his followers? None, thus all his followers are Republicans and conservative Independents.  Plus Trump will never tell Republicans to sit out elections. Too much far-left TV for a straight ticket GOP voter makes you ignorant.
Orange Jesus was the worst thing that has ever happened to this country since it was founded. I listened to him speak one time during the primaries and I thought…….who the hell would be dumb enough to vote for this idiot. Well…..I was wrong. There are a lot of clueless people in this country. I didn’t need the mainstream media to know he was a lunatic. Just had to listen to him talk one time. If I didn’t like my freedom so much I would wish for all the nuts to get there wish and he would be president again because I will guarantee you he won’t leave this time. The man projects. Anything he is guilty of he says everybody else is doing. It’s as plain as the nose on your face. I’ll end with a joke. How many trump supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None. Trump says it’s fixed and the rest of you stand in the dark and applaud!
(10-18-2021, 11:07 PM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: Orange Jesus was the worst thing that has ever happened to this country since it was founded. I listened to him speak one time during the primaries and I thought…….who the hell would be dumb enough to vote for this idiot. Well…..I was wrong. There are a lot of clueless people in this country. I didn’t need the mainstream media to know he was a lunatic. Just had to listen to him talk one time. If I didn’t like my freedom so much I would wish for all the nuts to get there wish and he would be president again because I will guarantee you he won’t leave this time. The man projects. Anything he is guilty of he says everybody else is doing. It’s as plain as the nose on your face. I’ll end with a joke. How many trump supporters does it take to change a light bulb?  None. Trump says it’s fixed and the rest of you stand in the dark and applaud!
^^^Biden voter. Let's go Brandon!
I would have voted for the white stuff that collects in the corner of your mouth when you are thirsty before I voted for orange Jesus.
(10-18-2021, 11:25 PM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: I would have voted for the white stuff that collects in the corner of your mouth when you are thirsty before I voted for orange Jesus.
Go Brandon!
I don’t get it. Is that the voice you hear In your head or something?
(10-18-2021, 11:30 PM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: I don’t get it. Is that the voice you hear In your head or something?
Of course you don't get it, that's how you roll.
(10-18-2021, 11:07 PM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: Orange Jesus was the worst thing that has ever happened to this country since it was founded. I listened to him speak one time during the primaries and I thought…….who the hell would be dumb enough to vote for this idiot. Well…..I was wrong. There are a lot of clueless people in this country. I didn’t need the mainstream media to know he was a lunatic. Just had to listen to him talk one time. If I didn’t like my freedom so much I would wish for all the nuts to get there wish and he would be president again because I will guarantee you he won’t leave this time. The man projects. Anything he is guilty of he says everybody else is doing. It’s as plain as the nose on your face. I’ll end with a joke. How many trump supporters does it take to change a light bulb?  None. Trump says it’s fixed and the rest of you stand in the dark and applaud!

You pretty much have it pegged. Orange Jesus' followers are as much cult members as the Branch Dividians or Heaven's Gaters.  People that believe in sky fairies and talking snakes are easy prey for con men like OJ(Orange Jesus).
(10-19-2021, 12:03 AM)Old School Hound Wrote:

You pretty much have it pegged. Orange Jesus' followers are as much cult members as the Branch Dividians or Heaven's Gaters.  People that believe in sky fairies and talking snakes are easy prey for con men like OJ(Orange Jesus).
And you astrologists believe in something for nothing and we came from nothing.
As opposed to that spooky father figure in the sky keeping score. Do you believe in Rah? Or Zeus?
(10-18-2021, 10:45 PM)The Outsider Wrote:

Nothing that Trump could say is going to help Democrats avoid the red wave of 2022. If Trump really does try to persuade Republicans to boycott the 2022 elections, the Ron Santos or one of the many other excellent potential 2024 presidential contenders will take him down. Joe Biden is going to cause massive losses for Democrats in 2022 because there are millions of Democrats and independents who are not total morons. Biden's policies are Bernie's policies, which are AOC's policies, and they are destroying this nation.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • jetpilot
(10-19-2021, 12:31 AM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: As opposed to that spooky father figure in the sky keeping score. Do you believe in Rah? Or Zeus?
No, but I do believe there will be a lot of very bad people spending an eternity in hell...
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • TheRealThing
(10-19-2021, 09:14 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(10-19-2021, 12:31 AM)RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote: As opposed to that spooky father figure in the sky keeping score. Do you believe in Rah? Or Zeus?
No, but I do believe there will be a lot of very bad people spending an eternity in hell...
Revelation 13:5-6
And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months. [url=https://biblehub.com/revelation/13-6.htm][/url]And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

^^ The spirit of Antichrist is one that blasphemes God and His people. It's meaningless to all but those who do for it will be only they who suffer at the judgment for having done so. I guess they figure they might as well get their money's worth.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I guess I would echo what Ron Reagan says in his commercial--- I am definitely not afraid of burning in hell.

Hell, even many Christians have given up the silly notion of a literal hell. Smile  Jetson , when you can provide even a scintilla  of real empirical evidence of the existence of hell, then maybe such silly notions could be taken seriously. 

RAM-A-DEVIL ,  what about it? Devils, fairies, talking snakes, speaking in tongues,  a spaceship tailing a comet(Heaven's Gate)... All sounds pretty fanciful  and crazy to this science-minded chap. I guess if you need to believe something bad enough, you'll cling to anything.
(10-21-2021, 05:58 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

I guess I would echo what Ron Reagan says in his commercial--- I am definitely not afraid of burning in hell.

Hell, even many Christians have given up the silly notion of a literal hell. Smile  Jetson , when you can provide even a scintilla  of real empirical evidence of the existence of hell, then maybe such silly notions could be taken seriously. 

RAM-A-DEVIL ,  what about it? Devils, fairies, talking snakes, speaking in tongues,  a spaceship tailing a comet(Heaven's Gate)... All sounds pretty fanciful  and crazy to this science-minded chap. I guess if you need to believe something bad enough, you'll cling to anything.
I have to go back out but I will totally debunk the first bolded later.

As for the second bolded, you are describing you libs clinging to Biden.
Not to mention you put a video of Ron Reagan on here LOL. I wouldn't click on it at gunpoint. Just because some idiot says he isn't afraid of burning in Hell doesn't mean he will suffer any less than anyone in there with him...he will be screaming the loudest...
Getting back on the subject.  How do you Trump fans feel about this?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/14/politics/...index.html

Donald Trump is, ostensibly, a Republican. But he has shown time and again -- both in the White House and now out of it -- that he cares little about helping the party and its other candidates.

What Trump is saying, quite simply, is that unless and until he is restored as president -- due to (nonexistent) voter fraud during the 2020 presidential election -- Republican voters should withhold their votes in the 2022 midterms (and the 2024 presidential election).