3. Maggard
4. Smith
5. Caudill
6. Gayheart 
7. Fletcher 
8. Hoskins 
9. Hale
10. Schoults
I think Emily Neace from Perry Central is the top player in the Region. Time will tell.
(10-08-2021, 05:47 PM)Bulldogs4Ever Wrote: I think Emily Neace from Perry Central is the top player in the Region.  Time will tell.
Neace of PCC and Lynch of Owsley, their teams will square off in the first game of the season for both schools at PCC. I think the date is Dec 3.
(10-07-2021, 05:47 PM)WWW Wrote: 1. Lynch
2. Banks
3. Maggard
4. Smith
5. Caudill
6. Gayheart 
7. Fletcher 
8. Hoskins 
9. Hale
10. Schoults

This is a good list but I think this is how I would rank the players in the region:

1. Banks (Letcher) - size in the post; can shoot on the perimeter; excellent rebounder; good basketball IQ
2. Lynch (Owsley) - very strong player; finishes in contact; good rebounder; team player
3. Harris (Hazard) - finishes extremely well in the paint; very physical and strong; great rebounder
4 (tie). Smith (Owsley) - excellent shooter; good basketball IQ; leads team well
4 (tie). Gayheart (Knott) - quick off the dribble; excellent defender; shoots well; team leader
5. Hoskins (Leslie) - great basketball IQ; finishes strong in the paint; good defender
6. Neace (Perry) - great scorer; can get in the paint; understands the game; plays hard
7. Maggard (Knott) - excellent shooter; scores well; can handle the ball if needed
8. Boggs (Letcher) - excellent defender; crafty player with her left hand; team player
9. Schutz (Breathitt) - great rebounder; extremely athletic with size; quick and plays hard

Honorable Mention: Fletcher (Knott), Hale (Estill), Couch (Letcher), Caudill (Powell), I. Napier (Leslie), Mullins (Perry), Bowling (Leslie), Tincher (Jackson City)
(10-12-2021, 10:53 AM)The Weatherman Wrote:
(10-07-2021, 05:47 PM)WWW Wrote: 1. Lynch
2. Banks
3. Maggard
4. Smith
5. Caudill
6. Gayheart 
7. Fletcher 
8. Hoskins 
9. Hale
10. Schoults

This is a good list but I think this is how I would rank the players in the region:

1. Banks (Letcher) - size in the post; can shoot on the perimeter; excellent rebounder; good basketball IQ
2. Lynch (Owsley) - very strong player; finishes in contact; good rebounder; team player
3. Harris (Hazard) - finishes extremely well in the paint; very physical and strong; great rebounder
4 (tie). Smith (Owsley) - excellent shooter; good basketball IQ; leads team well
4 (tie). Gayheart (Knott) - quick off the dribble; excellent defender; shoots well; team leader
5. Hoskins (Leslie) - great basketball IQ; finishes strong in the paint; good defender
6. Neace (Perry) - great scorer; can get in the paint; understands the game; plays hard
7. Maggard (Knott) - excellent shooter; scores well; can handle the ball if needed
8. Boggs (Letcher) - excellent defender; crafty player with her left hand; team player
9. Schutz (Breathitt) - great rebounder; extremely athletic with size; quick and plays hard

Honorable Mention: Fletcher (Knott), Hale (Estill), Couch (Letcher), Caudill (Powell), I. Napier (Leslie), Mullins (Perry), Bowling (Leslie), Tincher (Jackson City)
She’s only in eighth grade but Addison Terry of Owsley County, a returning starter off their regional semifinals team, should be on this list somewhere. She had a good summer of AAU basketball and is ready for a great season along with teammates Lynch and Smith.