Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th region Top Teams 2021-2022
What’s everyone’s thoughts on the rankings in the 14th for the 2021-2022 season? I’d believe Breathitt County would be the favorite.
Gotta wait til the transfer portal closes
Breathitt will have a lot of talent but it will be very hard to keep everyone happy with only 1 ball. With the addition of Collins Breathitt will have a starting 5 of kids that are all shoot 1st players. If coach Noble can get them to buy into playing team 1st basketball they will be hard to beat but that will be a tall task.
I think the top 5 will be 1. Breathitt. 2. Wolfe. 3. Perry. 4. Estill. 5. Hazard
Who all is Wolfe returning?
(05-06-2021, 01:15 AM)Reds#1Fan Wrote: Breathitt will have a lot of talent but it will be very hard to keep everyone happy with only 1 ball. With the addition of Collins Breathitt will have a starting 5 of kids that are all shoot 1st players. If coach Noble can get them to buy into playing team 1st basketball they will be hard to beat but that will be a tall task.
I think the top 5 will be 1. Breathitt. 2. Wolfe. 3. Perry. 4. Estill. 5. Hazard

Kind of a stretch to turn Breathitt's talent level into a negative. They look to be a pretty solid favorite at this point..
Keep doubting Hazard! They might just have a player returning that everyone forgot about
And who would that be?
Breathitt may have a lot of score first guys but Collins use to play with Hoskins, Turner and Bellamy at Jackson City a few years back so the transition may go smoother than you think.
(05-05-2021, 07:56 PM)justthefacts Wrote: Gotta wait til the transfer portal closes

Breathitt County don’t have to wait on anything. They’re the clear #1 team
[-] The following 1 user Likes Night Train's post:
  • Turf Muncher
Breathitt County is good enough to win multiple games at Rupp Arena.
1. Breathitt
2. perry co
3. Cordia
4. Wolfe co
5. Knott co
(05-07-2021, 09:09 PM)Roscoe Wrote: Breathitt County is good enough to win multiple games at Rupp Arena.
Might want to pump the brakes I don’t think a 14th region team has won multiple games at Rupp since 1986. With very few wins at all coming since then.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Reds#1Fan's post:
  • Blue_Bird96
If the KHSAA roster is correct, Cordia graduates 5 of eight players. Will they have enough to play?
Collins isnt gonna make that big of a difference. The little guard will still shoot his 30 shots a game. He should stayed at Buckhorn. Hoskins kids isnt going to bow down to him and give him his spot. Size dont matter much in the 14th region. None of the coaches no how to use size other than coach Holland.

Cordia has 10 new kids coming from NYC.
Legit 10?
My Top 5
1. KCC
2. Breathitt
3. PCC
4. Hazard
5. Cordia

KCC is #1 until somebody takes that spot from them 5 regional titles in 10 years
Breathitt has the most talent
PCC has the best situation and ability to improve the move in the offseason
Hazard talent might be a little down losing pelfrey but Big al is best coach in region
Cordia has good young talent and who knows what might transfer in
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bruiser's post:
  • FunFan
[quote="Bruiser" pid='2310293' dateline='1621859969']
My Top 5
1. KCC
2. Breathitt
3. PCC
4. Hazard
5. Cordia

KCC is #1 until somebody takes that spot from them 5 regional titles in 10 years
Breathitt has the most talent
PCC has the best situation and ability to improve the move in the offseason
Hazard talent might be a little down losing pelfrey but Big al is best coach in region
Cordia has good young talent and who knows what might transfer .

We are ranking this coming year's teams, not teams from 2011.
Knott is a solid program, but what happened last March has nothing to do with this season. They lost three good players. They won't be ranked any higher than third to start the year.
Pretty sure Wolfe County returns 4 of their 5 starters from last season with several of their kids taking advantage of the do over rule.
So the only player they lost will be jazz Johnson. A big loss for them but they will be very good this coming season as all of their returning players have improved over the summer.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 14th region fanman's post:
  • Turnover
(08-03-2021, 10:42 PM)14th region fanman Wrote: Pretty sure Wolfe County returns 4 of their 5 starters from last season with several of their kids taking advantage of the do over rule.
So the only player they lost will be jazz Johnson. A big loss for them but they will be very good this coming season as all of their returning players have improved over the summer.

Cody Payton will be missed as well. It will be interesting to see how Wolfe County distributes the volume of shots left available with the loss of Johnson. If Wilgus takes good shots, WC will be a sleeper. I would also like to see how good they could be if they would control pace more with those guards vs opponents where track meets are not ideal for success.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BelieveInTheHorn's post:
  • Turnover
Breathitt is the "clear cut" number one team in the region, based off of talent. With that being said, it takes more than having "talent" to win a regional championship. If the Bobcats can play unselfish basketball, they could potentially go to RUPP and play into the weekend. If they become a "me first" team, they could possibly lose early on in the regional tournament. I will say this, over the next two years it's Breathitt's tournament to lose. Good luck Coach Noble and the Bobcats on this upcoming season.
Napier Has transfered from Estill to PCC. Estill also got 2 players from Owsley from what I've heard

Big loss for Estill and probably opens up that district and will probably make Powell the favorite but Estill got a dandy of a coach in Brian Hall.
My opinion Lee County will have something to say. They came a long way last year and I think they lost 1 player not sure. But watterson is the top of his class. Thinking it might be a toss up between Powell and Estill but don’t count out the bobcats from beatyville.
Breathitt is no CLEAR CUT favorite. You got to consistently win before you can be considered that. And adding a good player from Buckhorn doesnt make you the favorite either. Theres 4 or 5 teams in the region that can play with the Dream Team on any given night.

And Leew County has no shot.
(08-06-2021, 09:46 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Breathitt is no CLEAR CUT favorite.  You got to consistently win before you can be considered that.  And adding a good player from Buckhorn doesnt make you the favorite either.  Theres 4 or 5 teams in the region that can play with the Dream Team on any given night.

And Leew County has no shot.

You must have selective reading!! I said they are the "clear cut" most talented team. I didn't say they were the best team. If you read my post, you will see, where I said they are capable of winning the region and making a weekend run at Rupp, or they could be beaten out early in the region. As far as talent, name me a roster with more talent than Breathitt in the 14th.
Id say Perry is just as talented. Perry has best PG in the region and some talented kids to go with him. Hazard has some nice players as well. Nobody is gonna bow down to the Bobcats.
I thought Breathitt was the most "talented" team in the 14th last year when I saw them. They were young and inconsistent. I think they are the favorite at this point, and I'm pretty sure they will be No. 1 in the preseason polls.
Perry is well coached but I thought last year's team was one of the worst in school history. They looked better this summer with several getting an extra year. They should be a contender, but I don't know if they are better than Wolfe.
1. Breathitt
2. Perry Central
3. Knott Central
4. Cordia
5. Hazard
(08-06-2021, 01:44 AM)Turf Muncher Wrote: My opinion Lee County will have something to say. They came a long way last year and I think they lost 1 player not sure. But watterson is the top of his class. Thinking it might be a toss up between Powell and Estill but don’t count out the bobcats from beatyville.
Are you talking about Lee’s district or the region??? I don’t see any team in the 56th district with even the remotest shot at winning the 14th region.
(08-13-2021, 10:44 AM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote:
(08-06-2021, 01:44 AM)Turf Muncher Wrote: My opinion Lee County will have something to say. They came a long way last year and I think they lost 1 player not sure. But watterson is the top of his class. Thinking it might be a toss up between Powell and Estill but don’t count out the bobcats from beatyville.
Are you talking about Lee’s district or the region??? I don’t see any team in the 56th district with even the remotest shot at winning the 14th region.
I’m talking about the district. Absolutely no chance in them winning district. Sorry should have clarified that.

(08-13-2021, 09:43 PM)Turf Muncher Wrote:
(08-13-2021, 10:44 AM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote:
I’m talking about the district. Absolutely no chance in them winning district. Sorry should have clarified that.
Meant no chance in region sorry. Fat finger typo.