Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EKU Colonels Sign N.C. State Transfer and KY Native Braxton Beverly
RICHMOND, Ky. – The Eastern Kentucky University men's basketball team has signed N.C. State graduate transfer Braxton Beverly for the 2021-22 season, head coach A.W. Hamilton announced on Wednesday.

The 6-0 guard from Hazard, Kentucky put together a decorated career in Raleigh. He started 88 of 121 games over the past four seasons and is tied for fourth in career three-pointers (218) and assist-turnover ratio (2.39) at N.C. State.

Beverly scored his 1,000th career point at N.C. State vs. Syracuse in the 2021 ACC Tournament, becoming only the 54th player in Wolfpack history to join the 1,000-point club.

Beverly hit 136 three-pointers in his first two seasons at N.C. State, which are the most of any player in program history through their sophomore season. He posted a 3.27 assist-turnover ratio as a freshman in 2017-18. That ratio led the ACC that season, was the best ratio by a freshman in ACC history, and was the third best in N.C. State history.

Nice pickup for one of my alma maters. 

https://ekusports.com/news/2021/4/7/mens...%20Raleigh.
Huge. Love to see it
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
The Colonels  should be primed to compete for an OVC title in 2021-22. In my mind( of course, I'm a little partial) , they are the favorites.   Next season could be a LOT of fun in Richmond.  If UK doesn't improve, the Colonels could be the best in the state next season. In addition to Beverly they have added Iran Bennett, a 6-9 power forward from Marshall and  Trevin Wade, a 5-11 guard transferring from Witchita St.   Plus, they didn't lose much from a team that went 22-7. All-OVC performers Tre King  and  Wendell Green , Jr.(country's 16th best PG in 2020 class according to Evan Daniels)  will anchor a roster that will include Beverly , Peyton Broughton(Sr. in '21) , and Michael Moreno(Jr. in '21).

Fun times ahead for the Colonels !!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Westside
They wont be competing for an OVC title because they are moving to the Atlantic Sun in July. I do hope they win it next season though!
Liberty is the big dog in the Atlantic Sun, they will be the big hurdle, but on paper EKU looks better than the rest of the conference.
(04-08-2021, 08:39 PM)clipperw Wrote: They wont be competing for an OVC title because they are moving to the Atlantic Sun in July. I do hope they win it next season though!

You're right. So used to being OVC for so long. It'll take me awhile.

I'm still writing 2020 on my checks!   LOL

I'm  liking this roster, though.   Hopefully, they can take care of Falwell U.   I wouldn't root for the Flames(interesting choice of nickname, don't you think?) if they were playing the al-Qu' ida  national team
(04-08-2021, 09:56 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(04-08-2021, 08:39 PM)clipperw Wrote: They wont be competing for an OVC title because they are moving to the Atlantic Sun in July. I do hope they win it next season though!

You're right. So used to being OVC for so long. It'll take me awhile.

I'm still writing 2020 on my checks!   LOL

I'm  liking this roster, though.   Hopefully, they can take care of Falwell U.   I wouldn't root for the Flames(interesting choice of nickname, don't you think?) if they were playing the al-Qu' ida  national team

I feel the same way you do about Liberty! I have to say that is quite an ironic nickname.  It will be odd seeing them in a different conference, but I am glad to see they will get to have an in state conference rival still with Bellarmine there. Here's hoping Beverly can help them to the NCAA Tournament next year.