Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pure evil
This thread is another example of Republican hypocrisy similar to any hullabaloo about national debt.

You only care about it when Dems are in charge.

Crickets for 4 years. Big Grin
^^ If you're typing, you're lying. Significant strides were taken by the Trump Administration to limit the infanticide of the left. One of the very first actions taken by the new administration was to undo all of that. Priorities.

Biden signs memorandum reversing Trump abortion access restrictions--

CNN)  "President Joe Biden signed a presidential memorandum on Thursday to reverse restrictions on abortion access domestically and abroad imposed and expanded by the Trump administration.

The memorandum will "reverse my predecessor's attack on women's health access," Biden told reporters during a signing ceremony in the Oval Office."

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/28/politics/...index.html

What has been said and developed in this thread;
Abortion is an existential wrong that will cost this nation a price it could never afford to pay. 
Democrats are THE ones who champion the cause.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheRealThing's post:
  • Hoot Gibson
(02-28-2021, 04:37 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: ^^ If you're typing, you're lying. Significant strides were taken by the Trump Administration to limit the infanticide of the left. One of the very first actions taken by the new administration was to undo all of that. Priorities.

CNN)  "President Joe Biden signed a presidential memorandum on Thursday to reverse restrictions on abortion access domestically and abroad imposed and expanded by the Trump administration.

The memorandum will "reverse my predecessor's attack on women's health access," Biden told reporters during a signing ceremony in the Oval Office."

Abortion is an existential wrong that will cost this nation a price it could never afford to pay. 
Significant strides Big Grin 

Trump was weak on abortion like he was weak on everything except immigrant children.
^^ And one more thing. Notice for history's sake along with the President's EO as quoted above, (see, libs think they can tell everybody what to think including their judges of the future) but included with the EO was the not so clever dodge of the correct labeling. We're talking about abortions here, millions of them in all likelihood. But that's not what we call them; no they're issues of "women's health,' or so says the President.

Murder is such a crass topic. Let's just refer to it as women's health. Everybody will go along.  ;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(02-28-2021, 06:02 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(02-28-2021, 04:37 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: ^^ If you're typing, you're lying. Significant strides were taken by the Trump Administration to limit the infanticide of the left. One of the very first actions taken by the new administration was to undo all of that. Priorities.

Trump was weak on abortion like he was weak on everything except immigrant children.

Oh, I got it. Lie and if the lie is met with rejection. Lie more vigorously.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(02-28-2021, 06:08 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:

Why is abortion still legal?  TRT, there should was plenty of time for Republicans to repeal RvW and plenty of time to ban abortion nationwide.

Why isn’t it illegal?
(02-28-2021, 10:27 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:

Why is abortion still legal?  TRT, there should was plenty of time for Republicans to repeal RvW and plenty of time to ban abortion nationwide.

Why isn’t it illegal?

Roe v. Wade was not a law. It cannot be repealed through legislative action. I would say that you are a little slow to catch on - but that would be way to kind, Comrade Cardfan. You just enjoy repeating lies and disinformation.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • TheRealThing

Why isn’t it illegal?

What good do you really think pointing the finger at these obscure Republicans would do for you when the real judgment happens? God is supreme over all law, even when men have the nerve on any unfortunate occasion to dare to overrule His law with their own.

You can call it legal if you want. As for me and my house, we will go by the Lord's precedent which has stood since the first second of time ticked off in this universe.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(02-28-2021, 11:04 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

Why isn’t it illegal?

Roe v. Wade was not a law. It cannot be repealed through legislative action. I would say that you are a little slow to catch on - but that would be way to kind, Comrade Cardfan. You just enjoy repeating lies and disinformation.
overturned then.  Semantics don't change the weakness of the Republican party when dealing with Abortion legislation over the past 4 years.  One has to ask why?  They had the power, but didn't solve the "sin of our time."

(02-28-2021, 11:51 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:

Why isn’t it illegal?

What good do you really think pointing the finger at these obscure Republicans would do for you when the real judgment happens? God is supreme over all law, even when men have the nerve on any unfortunate occasion to dare to overrule His law with their own.

You can call it legal if you want. As for me and my house, we will go by the Lord's precedent which has stood since the first second of time ticked off in this universe.
Say what?!! 
By that logic, the divine being has made Abortion legal all these years.
He didn't push Republicans to do what they were elected to do and ban all abortions.    
He put Trump in office and then he sent him packing in January. 
He has handed the keys to American democracy to Democrats.   

TRT, there is no reason for you to vote or even voice your opinion.  I'll miss your lengthy rhetoric. 

No worries, we democrats will find some dead person,  illegal alien, or space alien to vote for you.
(03-01-2021, 10:46 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(02-28-2021, 06:02 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Significant strides Big Grin 

Why isn’t it illegal?

overturned then.  Semantics don't change the weakness of the Republican party when dealing with Abortion legislation over the past 4 years.  One has to ask why?  They had the power, but didn't solve the "sin of our time."

(02-28-2021, 06:02 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Significant strides Big Grin 

Why isn’t it illegal?

Say what?!! 
He didn't push Republicans to do what they were elected to do and ban all abortions.    

TRT, there is no reason for you to vote or even voice your opinion.  I'll miss your lengthy rhetoric. 

No worries, we democrats will find some dead person,  illegal alien, or space alien to vote for you.

Wrong headed baloney. Look, your whole argument (not that it's your own) FOR the ongoing slaughter is evil. You blame Republicans for the abortions in this land because there were Republican SC appointees among those who ruled on Roe. But until recently when the Democrat SC justices began dependably voting along party lines, party affiliations of lawyers were always sketchy. In any case the law of this land is supposed to be free of political wrangling by not so scrupulous lawyers looking to get a name and a buck. Nonetheless, the SC did rule give cover for a very narrow application, less than 1% of the abortions actually committed so far, to states governors and the like to do abortions in "the rare" occasions of rape, incest, and danger to mother.

Now. The opponents or the lawyers of the defense, weren't stupid. They knew what those who brought the suit for abortion were really after; legalized abortion. Though I do not accept for a second that even they could have envisioned taxpayer funded abortion overseen by government. And history has born out that the fears of the defense were exactly right, in fact the truth of it all has been horrifyingly more prolific than our worst fears. The SC ruling of "rare" application began to be run over almost immediately until today, when 99.99% of the abortions done are illegal, under the ruling. So like I said, you can point fingers all you want, there is no cover for you in the eyes of God and the blame game doesn't work with God. Nor does it work for the true Church.

In any case you and your side are the ones arguing ad-nauseum for continuing the practice. Not the Republicans, and therefore your argument is just another lying deception which will, on the day that truly matters, fail you miserably. God has said He designs each individual IN THE WOMB. And that includes in the cases or rape and incest, and danger to mother. When Men take a baby by cutting off chunks as that new life comes out of the womb, or they ram a giant hypo needle up through the back of the baby's neck and suck out his brain, that my friend is the murder of a person. It is wrong, it is gory, it is hellish in fact, and no man will prevail for the 'for' side of the argument; of which in the case of a human life, there should never be one.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheRealThing's post:
  • Hoot Gibson
(03-01-2021, 01:06 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:
(02-28-2021, 06:08 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: Oh, I got it. Lie and if the lie is met with rejection. Lie more vigorously.

Why isn’t it illegal?

(02-28-2021, 06:08 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: Oh, I got it. Lie and if the lie is met with rejection. Lie more vigorously.

Why isn’t it illegal?

Say what?!! 

Wrong headed baloney. Look, your whole argument (not that it's your own) FOR the ongoing slaughter is evil. You blame Republicans for the abortions in this land because there were Republican SC appointees among those who ruled on Roe. But until recently when the Democrat SC justices began dependably voting along party lines, party affiliations of lawyers were always sketchy. In any case the law of this land is supposed to be free of political wrangling by not so scrupulous lawyers looking to get a name and a buck. Nonetheless, the SC did rule give cover for a very narrow application, less than 1% of the abortions actually committed so far, to states governors and the like to do abortions in "the rare" occasions of rape, incest, and danger to mother.

Now. The opponents or the lawyers of the defense, weren't stupid. They knew what those who brought the suit for abortion were really after; legalized abortion. Though I do not accept for a second that even they could have envisioned taxpayer funded abortion overseen by government. And history has born out that the fears of the defense were exactly right, in fact the truth of it all has been horrifyingly more prolific than our worst fears. The SC ruling of "rare" application began to be run over almost immediately until today, when 99.99% of the abortions done are illegal, under the ruling. So like I said, you can point fingers all you want, there is no cover for you in the eyes of God and the blame game doesn't work with God. Nor does it work for the true Church.

In any case you and your side are the ones arguing ad-nauseum for continuing the practice. Not the Republicans, and therefore your argument is just another lying deception which will, on the day that truly matters, fail you miserably. God has said He designs each individual IN THE WOMB. And that includes in the cases or rape and incest, and danger to mother. When Men take a baby by cutting off chunks as that new life comes out of the womb, or they ram a giant hypo needle up through the back of the baby's neck and suck out his brain, that my friend is the murder of a person. It is wrong, it is gory, it is hellish in fact, and no man will prevail for the 'for' side of the argument; of which in the case of a human life, there should never be one.

None of that rubbish explains why Republican leadership hasn’t killed abortion the past 4 years. I haven’t mentioned how the original ruling was bipartisan, but thanks for that. 

You can compose 30 paragraphs about how Democrats have been  wrong for 40+ years, but that ignores the fact Conservatives have had their chances to end Abortion once and for all the past few years.  

Maybe abortion is protected by the Constitution and even conservatives realize it. 
 Or am I right and this is  all a hypocritical hoax to keep you folks riled up?

I guess it could be both. Big Grin
(03-01-2021, 04:47 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(02-28-2021, 10:27 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Why is abortion still legal?  TRT, there should was plenty of time for Republicans to repeal RvW and plenty of time to ban abortion nationwide.

Why isn’t it illegal?

(02-28-2021, 10:27 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Why is abortion still legal?  TRT, there should was plenty of time for Republicans to repeal RvW and plenty of time to ban abortion nationwide.

Why isn’t it illegal?

Say what?!! 

None of that rubbish explains why Republican leadership hasn’t killed abortion the past 4 years. I haven’t mentioned how the original ruling was bipartisan, but thanks for that. 

You can compose 30 paragraphs about how Democrats have been  wrong for 40+ years, but that ignores the fact Conservatives have had their chances to end Abortion once and for all the past few years.  

Maybe abortion is protected by the Constitution and even conservatives realize it. 

Man's attempts to legislate morality will fail. And man's attempts to deflect and rationalize actions, especially the nightmarish actions involved with infanticide are in blatant opposition to God's law, and will fail. Every word a man writes and says, will be available to be read into the record at the judgment.

Your attempts to argue away responsibility for the horrific ramifications of the murder of the innocents have failed. When you stand at the Judgment, so profoundly damning will be the times of your life, presented in living color and perfect audio for all to see. It will not be a private affair. And did you know you won't be physically able to utter the first peep, much less present any kind of a defense?

Matt 22     The fate of those found outside of Christ
11“But when the king came in to see the guests, he saw a man there who did not have on a wedding garment.
12So he said to him, ‘Friend, how did you come in here without a wedding garment?’ And he was speechless.
13Then the king said to the servants, ‘Bind him hand and foot, take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(03-01-2021, 06:33 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:
(02-28-2021, 11:04 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Roe v. Wade was not a law. It cannot be repealed through legislative action. I would say that you are a little slow to catch on - but that would be way to kind, Comrade Cardfan. You just enjoy repeating lies and disinformation.

(02-28-2021, 11:51 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: What good do you really think pointing the finger at these obscure Republicans would do for you when the real judgment happens? God is supreme over all law, even when men have the nerve on any unfortunate occasion to dare to overrule His law with their own.

Say what?!! 

Man's attempts to legislate morality will fail. And man's attempts to deflect and rationalize actions, especially the nightmarish actions involved with infanticide are in blatant opposition to God's law, and will fail. Every word a man writes and says, will be available to be read into the record at the judgment.

Your attempts to argue away responsibility for the horrific ramifications of the murder of the innocents have failed. When you stand at the Judgment, so profoundly damning will be the times of your life, presented in living color and perfect audio for all to see. It will not be a private affair. And did you know you won't be physically able to utter the first peep, much less present any kind of a defense?

11“But when the king came in to see the guests, he saw a man there who did not have on a wedding garment.
12So he said to him, ‘Friend, how did you come in here without a wedding garment?’ And he was speechless.
13Then the king said to the servants, ‘Bind him hand and foot, take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’

What?   Man can't legislate morality?  What the hell is this thread about then?  Just gripe fest?!

FWIW, I'm not arguing the right or wrong of Abortion.  I just want to know why the politicians who are hellbent, frothing over abortion in election season, but are impotent when it comes to doing anything about it.  

Dodgy Dodgy  Maybe you will be judged for continuing to vote for people who don't rid this nation of Abortion.
(03-02-2021, 11:11 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(03-01-2021, 10:46 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: overturned then.  Semantics don't change the weakness of the Republican party when dealing with Abortion legislation over the past 4 years.  One has to ask why?  They had the power, but didn't solve the "sin of our time."

Say what?!! 

What?   Man can't legislate morality?  What the hell is this thread about then?  Just gripe fest?!

FWIW, I'm not arguing the right or wrong of Abortion.  I just want to know why the politicians who are hellbent, frothing over abortion in election season, but are impotent when it comes to doing anything about it.  

Dodgy Dodgy  Maybe you will be judged for continuing to vote for people who don't rid this nation of Abortion.
If Republicans took the kind of action against abortion that Democrats take on a regular basis, then they would pass laws that they know have already been ruled unconstitutional and then blame the Supreme Court for relying on the Roe v. Wade decision to strike them down. You know, like impeaching a president with no evidence of a crime and then holding an unconstitutional trial, which they knew would result in a full acquittal. Democrats do not mind wasting time and resources pursuing unconstitutional objectives because such cynical stunts allow them to point fingers during campaigns without taking any meaningful, worthwhile actions.

You have falsely asserted repeatedly that the Republican Party has done nothing to fight abortion in this country but we all know that you are a liar. The fact is, the only reason that there are any restrictions on abortion, including those requiring parental notification and those against partial abortion is the hard work done in Republican-controlled state legislatures every day.
(03-01-2021, 06:33 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: Man's attempts to legislate morality will fail. And man's attempts to deflect and rationalize actions, especially the nightmarish actions involved with infanticide are in blatant opposition to God's law, and will fail. Every word a man writes and says, will be available to be read into the record at the judgment.

What a greased pig you are. That's not what I said. Men are to legislate in observance of and on the moral standards which were recognized by the founders as the authority under which men may rightfully self govern. Those moral standards had been handed down to them and us by God, which is why they are inalienable. What we've been doing in this country since the 1950 SC decision on the 'Separation of Church and State,' is contrary to God. Those who do not like what the Lord says is best for us, merely do end runs around laws they can't get changed, or legislation they can't get passed, and they do so in direct rebellion to God. In this day of the left having declared the mention of God as being something to mock or at best passe, they are using government to eliminate or at least control the diehards who still insist on honoring God in their lives. Similarly Rome tried to eliminate the early Church and failed. But persecution against the people of God is just part of the turf.

Man's attempts at revising morality and reality will fail. And advocates of the Satanic forces opposing the Church will not be counted innocent.
Matt 16
18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

The left's kind of rebellious thinking got prayer out of schools and schools are a mess. That kind of thinking gave us an abortion rate that would challenge the zombie kill count of the best of the best. That kind of thinking repealed DADT and now we have weight lifters in tutu's participating in girls sports. That kind of thinking got us state and federal government at war with themselves. And we have Cardfan cheerleading it all on.

I have a Savior, worry about yourself.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(03-02-2021, 12:06 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(03-01-2021, 01:06 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: Wrong headed baloney. Look, your whole argument (not that it's your own) FOR the ongoing slaughter is evil. You blame Republicans for the abortions in this land because there were Republican SC appointees among those who ruled on Roe. But until recently when the Democrat SC justices began dependably voting along party lines, party affiliations of lawyers were always sketchy. In any case the law of this land is supposed to be free of political wrangling by not so scrupulous lawyers looking to get a name and a buck. Nonetheless, the SC did rule give cover for a very narrow application, less than 1% of the abortions actually committed so far, to states governors and the like to do abortions in "the rare" occasions of rape, incest, and danger to mother.

If Republicans took the kind of action against abortion that Democrats take on a regular basis, then they would pass laws that they know have already been ruled unconstitutional and then blame the Supreme Court for relying on the Roe v. Wade decision to strike them down. You know, like impeaching a president with no evidence of a crime and then holding an unconstitutional trial, which they knew would result in a full acquittal. Democrats do not mind wasting time and resources pursuing unconstitutional objectives because such cynical stunts allow them to point fingers during campaigns without taking any meaningful, worthwhile actions.

You have falsely asserted repeatedly that the Republican Party has done nothing to fight abortion in this country but we all know that you are a liar. The fact is, the only reason that there are any restrictions on abortion, including those requiring parental notification and those against partial abortion is the hard work done in Republican-controlled state legislatures every day.
No, I'm saying what the Republicans have done has been weak and ineffectual considering the power they have had. 

GOP constituents have been sold an idea that this is the evil that must be eradicated, but national Republicans have made extremely limpwristed attempts at banning abortion.  Most of their attempts have had so many holes in them it seemed they didn't even want them to pass, and then we get to this administration when the full-court press should have been on, but nope, stuck on the back burner.  

I'm just the messenger fellas.  You are getting mad at me, but the questions should be aimed at your leadership that did zilch while they have had control of every federal branch of govt. recently.  You both are making excuses for guys who lied to you and didn't do their job.

(03-02-2021, 02:06 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:
(03-01-2021, 06:33 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: Man's attempts to legislate morality will fail. And man's attempts to deflect and rationalize actions, especially the nightmarish actions involved with infanticide are in blatant opposition to God's law, and will fail. Every word a man writes and says, will be available to be read into the record at the judgment.

What a greased pig you are. That's not what I said. Men are to legislate in observance of and on the moral standards which were recognized by the founders as the authority under which men may rightfully self govern. Those moral standards had been handed down to them and us by God, which is why they are inalienable. What we've been doing in this country since the 1950 SC decision on the 'Separation of Church and State,' is contrary to God. Those who do not like what the Lord says is best for us, merely do end runs around laws they can't get changed, or legislation they can't get passed, and they do so in direct rebellion to God. In this day of the left having declared the mention of God as being something to mock or at best passe, they are using government to eliminate or at least control the diehards who still insist on honoring God in their lives. Similarly Rome tried to eliminate the early Church and failed. But persecution against the people of God is just part of the turf.

Man's attempts at revising morality and reality will fail. And advocates of the Satanic forces opposing the Church will not be counted innocent.
Matt 16
18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

The left's kind of rebellious thinking got prayer out of schools and schools are a mess. That kind of thinking gave us an abortion rate that would challenge the zombie kill count of the best of the best. That kind of thinking repealed DADT and now we have weight lifters in tutu's participating in girls sports. That kind of thinking got us state and federal government at war with themselves. And we have Cardfan cheerleading it all on.

Damn, the stuff you talk about to keep the blame off of lying politicians. 

They ain't lying to me.  They are lying to you.  I find it funny, TBH.  Keep electing them for things they will never change.  

Rs will never win again if they stand for nothing, but culture wars and wedge issues.
(03-02-2021, 04:33 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(03-01-2021, 04:47 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: None of that rubbish explains why Republican leadership hasn’t killed abortion the past 4 years. I haven’t mentioned how the original ruling was bipartisan, but thanks for that. 

No, I'm saying what the Republicans have done has been weak and ineffectual considering the power they have had. 

GOP constituents have been sold an idea that this is the evil that must be eradicated, but national Republicans have made extremely limpwristed attempts at banning abortion.  Most of their attempts have had so many holes in them it seemed they didn't even want them to pass, and then we get to this administration when the full-court press should have been on, but nope, stuck on the back burner.  

I'm just the messenger fellas.  You are getting mad at me, but the questions should be aimed at your leadership that did zilch while they have had control of every federal branch of govt. recently.  You both are making excuses for guys who lied to you and didn't do their job.

Matt 16

They ain't lying to me.  They are lying to you.  I find it funny, TBH.  Keep electing them for things they will never change.  

Rs will never win again if they stand for nothing, but culture wars and wedge issues.
The Republican Party has not been weak and ineffectual in fighting against the murderous abortionists and the evil people who support the butchers. Until there is a clear majority of U.S. Supreme Court Justices that are willing to overturn a direct assault on abortion procedures, there is really nothing that can be done to overturn the decision legislatively. Republican state legislatures and Congressional Republicans have saved thousands of the innocent unborn but thanks to Democrats and their supporters, more lives have been lost to abortion than saved.

I would challenge you to outline how, in you infinitesimal wisdom, Republicans could have "repealed" abortion with simple majorities in the House and Senate and Trump in the White House but I am pretty sure that if Ted Cruz has not figured out how to do so, you haven't figured it out either.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • TheRealThing
(03-02-2021, 04:33 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: .

I've slammed the Republicans often enough. I don't remember the first negative peep out of you about any Dem though.

Your entire diet is lies. And you never could name the first lie DJT actually told to the people. The not so clever tactic of immediately pronouncing everything coming out of MR Trump's mouth a lie, failed in my opinion. Because there is the public record to compare what was said to what actually happened on any given policy or issue or subject. You can't put a single hat trick together for any given issue. On the other hand Dems who really do have a demonstrable record of lying, them you willfully believe and defend.

Your post is classic and typical liberal/progressive projection.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here is a big lie from the Dear Leader

The Republicans don't want to overturn Roe Wade
They rather campaign on it Hell what else would they run on i guess guns

(03-02-2021, 04:57 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

:dodgy: :dodgy:  Maybe you will be judged for continuing to vote for people who don't rid this nation of Abortion.

:dodgy: :dodgy:  Maybe you will be judged for continuing to vote for people who don't rid this nation of Abortion.

Matt 16

The Republican Party has not been weak and ineffectual in fighting against the murderous abortionists and the evil people who support the butchers. Until there is a clear majority of U.S. Supreme Court Justices that are willing to overturn a direct assault on abortion procedures, there is really nothing that can be done to overturn the decision legislatively. Republican state legislatures and Congressional Republicans have saved thousands of the innocent unborn but thanks to Democrats and their supporters, more lives have been lost to abortion than saved.

I would challenge you to outline how, in you infinitesimal wisdom, Republicans could have "repealed" abortion with simple majorities in the House and Senate and Trump in the White House but I am pretty sure that if Ted Cruz has not figured out how to do so, you haven't figured it out either.
They have the same majority NOW as when they voted for Roe Wade it's not going to get any better
It's a Campaign issue i mean after 50 years what else could it be

Matt 16

"Moral Standards"
Exodus 21:16
“Whoever steals a man and sells him, and anyone found in possession of him, shall be put to death"
I don't believe your founding fathers had high moral standards
[-] The following 1 user Likes vector#1's post:
  • Cardfan1
(03-02-2021, 06:00 PM)vector#1 Wrote:

(03-02-2021, 11:11 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: What?   Man can't legislate morality?  What the hell is this thread about then?  Just gripe fest?!

(03-02-2021, 11:11 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: What?   Man can't legislate morality?  What the hell is this thread about then?  Just gripe fest?!

Matt 16

They have the same majority NOW as when they voted for Roe Wade it's not going to get any better

Matt 16

"Moral Standards"
“Whoever steals a man and sells him, and anyone found in possession of him, shall be put to death"
So, according to Comrade vector, the slaughter of millions of innocent babies is okay because the founding fathers owned slaves. How twisted and sick is that logic?!! I don't think that I have ever seen more convoluted logic applied to the abortion debate.

Matt 16

Matt 16

"Moral Standards"

Glad to have you back, vector.  I was worried that maybe Hoot had forced you onto jetpilot's big bird and they dumped you in some remote jungle inhabited solely by rabid flesh-eating  MAGA-ites.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Cardfan1
(03-02-2021, 07:07 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

(03-02-2021, 12:06 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: If Republicans took the kind of action against abortion that Democrats take on a regular basis, then they would pass laws that they know have already been ruled unconstitutional and then blame the Supreme Court for relying on the Roe v. Wade decision to strike them down. You know, like impeaching a president with no evidence of a crime and then holding an unconstitutional trial, which they knew would result in a full acquittal. Democrats do not mind wasting time and resources pursuing unconstitutional objectives because such cynical stunts allow them to point fingers during campaigns without taking any meaningful, worthwhile actions.

(03-02-2021, 02:06 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: What a greased pig you are. That's not what I said. Men are to legislate in observance of and on the moral standards which were recognized by the founders as the authority under which men may rightfully self govern. Those moral standards had been handed down to them and us by God, which is why they are inalienable. What we've been doing in this country since the 1950 SC decision on the 'Separation of Church and State,' is contrary to God. Those who do not like what the Lord says is best for us, merely do end runs around laws they can't get changed, or legislation they can't get passed, and they do so in direct rebellion to God. In this day of the left having declared the mention of God as being something to mock or at best passe, they are using government to eliminate or at least control the diehards who still insist on honoring God in their lives. Similarly Rome tried to eliminate the early Church and failed. But persecution against the people of God is just part of the turf.

Matt 16

Matt 16

"Moral Standards"
So, according to Comrade vector, the slaughter of millions of innocent babies is okay because the founding fathers owned slaves. How twisted and sick is that logic?!! I don't think that I have ever seen more convoluted logic applied to the abortion debate.
Once again Wrong Way Quooter that's not what i said 
Now i do believe it's a woman choice not Quooter's or TWWT"(TRT) or My choice but i find it hypocritical that you want to cut food stamps or anything to help the kids out it's no longer your problem 
TRT or should say TWWT said the founding fathers had "Moral Standards" I disagree owning other Humans is not Moral Standards
in my opinion but everyone is entitled to there own
Quooter you said wait until Republicans get a majority on the court or something crazy like that 
They have controlled the court since FDR it's more conservative now than it's ever has been 
My opinion is the Republicans don't want to fix it they love campaigning on it better 
Just look at the last 4 years what was there top priorities repeal Obamacare cut taxes on the rich cut people from food stamps 
They have had 50 years to do something with it

(03-02-2021, 07:37 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

(03-02-2021, 12:06 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: If Republicans took the kind of action against abortion that Democrats take on a regular basis, then they would pass laws that they know have already been ruled unconstitutional and then blame the Supreme Court for relying on the Roe v. Wade decision to strike them down. You know, like impeaching a president with no evidence of a crime and then holding an unconstitutional trial, which they knew would result in a full acquittal. Democrats do not mind wasting time and resources pursuing unconstitutional objectives because such cynical stunts allow them to point fingers during campaigns without taking any meaningful, worthwhile actions.

(03-02-2021, 02:06 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: What a greased pig you are. That's not what I said. Men are to legislate in observance of and on the moral standards which were recognized by the founders as the authority under which men may rightfully self govern. Those moral standards had been handed down to them and us by God, which is why they are inalienable. What we've been doing in this country since the 1950 SC decision on the 'Separation of Church and State,' is contrary to God. Those who do not like what the Lord says is best for us, merely do end runs around laws they can't get changed, or legislation they can't get passed, and they do so in direct rebellion to God. In this day of the left having declared the mention of God as being something to mock or at best passe, they are using government to eliminate or at least control the diehards who still insist on honoring God in their lives. Similarly Rome tried to eliminate the early Church and failed. But persecution against the people of God is just part of the turf.

Matt 16

Matt 16

"Moral Standards"

Glad to have you back, vector.  I was worried that maybe Hoot had forced you onto jetpilot's big bird and they dumped you in some remote jungle inhabited solely by rabid flesh-eating  MAGA-ites.
Take more than wrong way Quooter or Jetpilot
  • Cardfan1
"Have Republican leaders failed to achieve the reversal of Roe v. Wade because they do not really want to? This explanation is more plausible. Republicans in power have been remarkably good at realizing their top priorities: cutting taxes for corporations and the wealthy, increasing military spending, cutting food stamps and other safety net programs, eliminating limits on election spending by corporations, gutting environmental protection laws, maintaining a preferential option for nationalism over refugees and immigrants, supporting the easy availability of assault weapons, keeping health care a largely private and for-profit industry, greenlighting the Contras, the Iraq War, torture, the death penalty and a host of other policies that run counter to Catholic social teaching. On ending abortion, however—arguably their main selling point to Catholic voters—they have been strangely ineffectual."

https://www.americamagazine.org/politics...olic-trump

This explains it about as good as i have read it's all about VOTES
  • Cardfan1

Matt 16

well, they had all three branches of the federal govt.  many have ran on the idea that this is all they needed:  more congressmen, a president, and more judges. 

you chose Cancun Ted as your rep Big Grin
figures 

The guy who is always wrong love Ted Cruz.
(03-02-2021, 10:16 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:

Matt 16

well, they had all three branches of the federal govt.  many have ran on the idea that this is all they needed:  more congressmen, a president, and more judges. 

you chose Cancun Ted as your rep Big Grin
figures 

The guy who is always wrong love Ted Cruz.
I didn't expect an intelligent response from you and you did not disappoint. The comrade with no answers.
(03-02-2021, 05:18 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:

I've slammed the Republicans often enough. I don't remember the first negative peep out of you about any Dem though.

Your entire diet is lies. And you never could name the first lie DJT actually told to the people. The not so clever tactic of immediately pronouncing everything coming out of MR Trump's mouth a lie, failed in my opinion. Because there is the public record to compare what was said to what actually happened on any given policy or issue or subject. You can't put a single hat trick together for any given issue. On the other hand Dems who really do have a demonstrable record of lying, them you willfully believe and defend.

Trump believes in Abortion.  He supports it in certain cases.  
or so as he lying while speaking?  

I hate it.  TRT, all your heroes are liars.  LIAR!!! 
Big Grin

(03-02-2021, 09:03 PM)vector#1 Wrote: "Have Republican leaders failed to achieve the reversal of Roe v. Wade because they do not really want to? This explanation is more plausible. Republicans in power have been remarkably good at realizing their top priorities: cutting taxes for corporations and the wealthy, increasing military spending, cutting food stamps and other safety net programs, eliminating limits on election spending by corporations, gutting environmental protection laws, maintaining a preferential option for nationalism over refugees and immigrants, supporting the easy availability of assault weapons, keeping health care a largely private and for-profit industry, greenlighting the Contras, the Iraq War, torture, the death penalty and a host of other policies that run counter to Catholic social teaching. On ending abortion, however—arguably their main selling point to Catholic voters—they have been strangely ineffectual."

Exactly. 
I’m not arguing Abortion.  I don’t support it, but it’s none of my damn business. It’s all I hear around here, but nothing is done.

GOP has been impotent for 30 years plus about doing anything as far as abortion is concerned.  It’s fake.
(03-02-2021, 10:21 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(03-02-2021, 05:18 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:

Trump believes in Abortion.  He supports it in certain cases.  
or so as he lying while speaking?  

I hate it.  TRT, all your heroes are liars.  LIAR!!! 
Big Grin

(03-02-2021, 09:03 PM)vector#1 Wrote: "Have Republican leaders failed to achieve the reversal of Roe v. Wade because they do not really want to? This explanation is more plausible. Republicans in power have been remarkably good at realizing their top priorities: cutting taxes for corporations and the wealthy, increasing military spending, cutting food stamps and other safety net programs, eliminating limits on election spending by corporations, gutting environmental protection laws, maintaining a preferential option for nationalism over refugees and immigrants, supporting the easy availability of assault weapons, keeping health care a largely private and for-profit industry, greenlighting the Contras, the Iraq War, torture, the death penalty and a host of other policies that run counter to Catholic social teaching. On ending abortion, however—arguably their main selling point to Catholic voters—they have been strangely ineffectual."

Exactly. 
I’m not arguing Abortion.  I don’t support it, but it’s none of my damn business. It’s all I hear around here, but nothing is done.

GOP has been impotent for 30 years plus about doing anything as far as abortion is concerned.  It’s fake.
If you vote for Democrats, then you support abortion. That is the bottom line. Murder is wrong and abortion is the murder of the most innocent victims on the planet.
The will is simply not there to overturn Roe.   As long as 61% of Americans say they want it legal in all or most all cases, I don't see anything changing.  1 in 8 says it a lot - only one person in 8  says it should be illegal in every case, no exceptions.  Also,  1 in 8  Republicans say they agree with Democrats more than Republicans on the abortion .  All these number come from Pew Research. I can understand the passionate feelings on both sides of the issue. If I had a daughter who was raped or whose life was threatened by a pregnancy or both, I think I would want the decision to be hers in consultation with her family instead of Long Dong Silver Thomas. I think nearly 9 out of 10 people agree with that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Cardfan1
^^ There is no justice in this world they say. They say that because for the most part it happens to be true.

The circular logic of the left may seem to give cover, but I just don't see it. In any case from my perspective to say they do it too, or the will is not there, or Republicans had the power, (I disagree with that BTW) only serves to make my point. The moral atrocities to be seen across the globe are too many to list here. Slavery still exists, sex trafficking, graft, corruption, sloth, fraud, theft, murder, civil unrest, wars to include the religious wars of the Middle East, all simmering in a stew base of lies and deceit, I got it. That's the picture of a world where men are lost, folks.

Our leaders deceive us and use any means to stay 'in power,' and men mindlessly react to that by engaging in a nuclear foodfight among themselves. The founders DID try and spare us that fate, but the same corruption that drove them to America in the first place has managed to corrupt modern society. But what drives men to want to be in power? It is the love of power. Certainly not the desire to serve the people.

So are the people apathetic? You can bet your life and frankly, that's exactly what America has bet. You think Democrats OR Republicans have the answers? I don't, this world is God's creation and He plainly warned us what to expect. But men insist that they got this. As the slide continues the reality of that foolishness should be clear to anybody. I vote Republican because they at least try to get it right.

With the US victory of WW2 came the age of US prosperity. That worked for a while but selfishness and unreasonable expectations as they always do, have caused many among us to reject the blessing of equal opportunity. They want it all, and they want it now. Abortion;  no matter who okey doked it, or who is in charge, is wrong. And as I said, every American will answer for it, just in varying degrees. It is a nation killing national disgrace.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(03-02-2021, 10:36 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: The will is simply not there to overturn Roe.   As long as 61% of Americans say they want it legal in all or most all cases, I don't see anything changing.  1 in 8 says it a lot - only one person in 8  says it should be illegal in every case, no exceptions.  Also,  1 in 8  Republicans say they agree with Democrats more than Republicans on the abortion .  All these number come from Pew Research. I can understand the passionate feelings on both sides of the issue. If I had a daughter who was raped or whose life was threatened by a pregnancy or both, I think I would want the decision to be hers in consultation with her family instead of Long Dong Silver Thomas. I think nearly 9 out of 10 people agree with that.
1.) FALSE

2.) That is 1 in 1000 or more cases, as has been pointed out. Are you deliberately dodging that or is your mind unable to grasp that very simple concept? Put another way, are you against the other 999 abortions out of 1000 where the woman just wants to get rid of her baby? A simple yes or no will do.