Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Addios Free Speech
(01-11-2021, 11:05 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(01-11-2021, 10:47 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(01-11-2021, 10:16 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: 1.  Repealing Section 230 would force companies to patrol their platforms more.

B.  Parler had a massive hack. Now all those innocent posts (deleted too), direct messages, ss numbers, and Photo Ids are floating across the internet. The FBI now has a database for these radical Americans.
Your Number B is pure disinformation. You obviously have never been on Parler and are just repeating some talking points. I don't know of any legitimate social media application that requires you SSN and one would be a fool to enter that information if prompted for it. There is also no way to determine if a photo belongs to the person who actually registered.

Ok, Hoot, you’re always right.  

Except there was a hack.

The amount of information could be bad for those “verified” “influencer”  type folks who had to submit that info. 

Hope you’ve kept your nose clean on there, Hoot.
I am sure that Parler has been hacked. Democrats are more interested in harassing conservatives than actually punishing violent members of terrorist groups like BLM and Antifa who actually do use social media to coordinate their illegal activities.
(01-11-2021, 11:09 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(01-11-2021, 10:16 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: 1.  Repealing Section 230 would force companies to patrol their platforms more.

B.  Parler had a massive hack. Now all those innocent posts (deleted too), direct messages, ss numbers, and Photo Ids are floating across the internet. The FBI now has a database for these radical Americans.
Your Number B is pure disinformation. You obviously have never been on Parler and are just repeating some talking points. I don't know of any legitimate social media application that requires you SSN and one would be a fool to enter that information if prompted for it. There is also no way to determine if a photo belongs to the person who actually registered.

Except there was a hack.

The amount of information could be bad for those “verified” “influencer”  type folks who had to submit that info. 

I am sure that Parler has been hacked. Democrats are more interested in harassing conservatives than actually punishing violent members of terrorist groups like BLM and Antifa who actually do use social media to coordinate their illegal activities.
I know how it goes; Republicans have been so wrapped up with this social media ban of Trump and the loss of Parler that they haven’t had the time to focus on Antifa and Blm’s raid on the US Capitol...wait...
(01-11-2021, 11:24 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:

Except there was a hack.

I know how it goes; Republicans have been so wrapped up with this social media ban of Trump and the loss of Parler that they haven’t had the time to focus on Antifa and Blm’s raid on the US Capitol...wait...
Are you denying that the riots by BLM and Antifa over the past few months have resulted in many millions of dollars in property damage, deaths, and assaults? If not, then why do you think your comments are the least bit humorous or witty? My comment was factual but you chose to take the low road again. The view is much clearer up on the high road where facts matter.
(01-11-2021, 11:37 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(01-11-2021, 10:47 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Your Number B is pure disinformation. You obviously have never been on Parler and are just repeating some talking points. I don't know of any legitimate social media application that requires you SSN and one would be a fool to enter that information if prompted for it. There is also no way to determine if a photo belongs to the person who actually registered.

Except there was a hack.

Are you denying that the riots by BLM and Antifa over the past few months have resulted in many millions of dollars in property damage, deaths, and assaults? If not, then why do you think your comments are the least bit humorous or witty? My comment was factual but you chose to take the low road again. The view is much clearer up on the high road where facts matter.
Are you kidding?!  Come on, man. 

It’s laugh or cry, because a portion of this nation believes they had the right to storm Capitol with violent intentions, but the top of the list is Trump’s Twitter fingers.

You do realize some of these folks are going on terrorist and no-fly lists for these actions. They will be monitored their entire lives, because they posted treasonous opinion on Parler, Twitter, or Facebook. 

Hoot, the whataboutism doesn’t work.  There is a national security issue at hand.
(01-11-2021, 11:58 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(01-11-2021, 11:05 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Ok, Hoot, you’re always right.  

Except there was a hack.

It’s laugh or cry, because a portion of this nation believes they had the right to storm Capitol with violent intentions, but the top of the list is Trump’s Twitter fingers.

You do realize some of these folks are going on terrorist and no-fly lists for these actions. They will be monitored their entire lives, because they posted treasonous opinion on Parler, Twitter, or Facebook. 

Hoot, the whataboutism doesn’t work.  There is a national security issue at hand.

Well, like your side always says; if you can't revise -- generalize. The 'portion' of your reference is infinitesimal and you know it. I maintain my stated position that 80 million people voted for Trump last time. I know he had at least that many twitter followers before he was permanently banned. Whereas I would venture, the portion of BLM/Antifa adherents who actually get their hands dirty is vastly more proportionate. You're still awash in selective outrage.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(01-12-2021, 01:20 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:
(01-11-2021, 11:09 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: I am sure that Parler has been hacked. Democrats are more interested in harassing conservatives than actually punishing violent members of terrorist groups like BLM and Antifa who actually do use social media to coordinate their illegal activities.

Well, like your side always says; if you can't revise -- generalize. The 'portion' of your reference is infinitesimal and you know it. I maintain my stated position that 80 million people voted for Trump last time. I know he had at least that many twitter followers before he was permanently banned. Whereas I would venture, the portion of BLM/Antifa adherents who actually get their hands dirty is vastly more proportionate. You're still awash in selective outrage.
If it were not for double standards, the left would have no standards at all.
(01-11-2021, 11:09 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: I am sure that Parler has been hacked. Democrats are more interested in harassing conservatives than actually punishing violent members of terrorist groups like BLM and Antifa who actually do use social media to coordinate their illegal activities.

80 million ?

80 million didn’t vote for Trump and I’m certain most of the people who did don’t support the madness that has gripped the fringe. 

70% of Trump’s followers are bots. Yep, Russian bots. Making the Trumpster seem important and more liked than he is. Of what’s left there is a great number that are people just watching the dumpster fire.   One day you will accept he unpopular Trump is.  One day.  

Antifa/BLM attack the Capitol to overthrow the government urged on by Trump and minions? 

I’ll wait...

Until you can say that your whataboutism is null and moot.
(01-12-2021, 02:21 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(01-11-2021, 11:24 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: I know how it goes; Republicans have been so wrapped up with this social media ban of Trump and the loss of Parler that they haven’t had the time to focus on Antifa and Blm’s raid on the US Capitol...wait...

80 million didn’t vote for Trump and I’m certain most of the people who did don’t support the madness that has gripped the fringe. 

70% of Trump’s followers are bots. Yep, Russian bots. Making the Trumpster seem important and more liked than he is. Of what’s left there is a great number that are people just watching the dumpster fire.   One day you will accept he unpopular Trump is.  One day.  

Antifa/BLM attack the Capitol to overthrow the government urged on by Trump and minions? 

I’ll wait...

Until you can say that your whataboutism is null and moot.

That sounds good. See this discussion has in your case become fruitful, now you have purpose.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I am all for people being able to say whatever they want, but I don't know what good forums like this Parlor ( I had never heard of it until a few days ago)do for the country. Lin Wood stated on that platform that the siege of the capitol was "staged" by Antifa.  He also said that Chief Justice John Roberts, Mitch McConnell, and Mike Pence should all be arrested for treason and" face execution by firing squad."  If that's the kind of sentiments that are shared on there, it's probably best it has gone dark.  I wouldn't trust anyone who spends time on a forum like that. Those people need some introspection. Dangerous people.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Cardfan1
(01-13-2021, 12:05 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: I am all for people being able to say whatever they want, but I don't know what good forums like this Parlor ( I had never heard of it until a few days ago)do for the country. Lin Wood stated on that platform that the siege of the capitol was "staged" by Antifa.  He also said that Chief Justice John Roberts, Mitch McConnell, and Mike Pence should all be arrested for treason and" face execution by firing squad."  If that's the kind of sentiments that are shared on there, it's probably best it has gone dark.  I wouldn't trust anyone who spends time on a forum like that. Those people need some introspection. Dangerous people.
No, the response to speech that you find offensive is not for it to "go dark." You really do not understand the First Amendment at all. That makes you and those who share your desire to silence voices with which you disagree dangerous.

The reason that Big Tech companies were granted protection under Section 230 is because the federal government bought their argument that they are the electronic version of the town square. By granting people an electronic platform to freely express opinions, the federal government decided to afford Big Tech companies protection from lawsuits that might otherwise saddle them with expensive judgments for providing the platform. Big Tech has abused that protection by targeting conservative users of their services for political purposes.

Twitter, Facebook, and other social media platforms have long tolerated gangs using their services to organize and manage violent riots and flash mobs. Conspiring to commit crimes is obviously not protected speech but there has been, as far as I can tell, no outcry from the left to ban users who have participated in actual crimes from using Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, etc. Yet, the President of the United States and many well known conservatives who have committed no crimes have recently been suspended or banned from the services in large numbers.

Democrat Representative Adam Schiff is probably the most prolific liar in elected office of my lifetime. Despite my opinion that Schiff is a low-life POS, I would not advocate that he "go dark" by banning him from social media, putting him on a no flight list, and all the other petty things that Democrats are trying to impose on conservatives for legally questioning the results of an election.
https://abcnews.go.com/Business/amazon-r...tter_abcn1

Oh goodness...Hard to get away from that vile material.
(01-14-2021, 11:17 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: https://abcnews.go.com/Business/amazon-r...tter_abcn1

The same kind of vile material exists on every social media platform. Amazon can certainly afford to plant evidence using an untraceable Chinese bot if the want to do so. This is nothing but fake outrage to justify censorship of millions of conservatives. The goal is intimidation and suppression of free speech. If Amazon, Twitter, and Google were serious about ridding social media of violent rhetoric, then they would remove it from their own platforms.
(01-14-2021, 12:41 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 11:17 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: https://abcnews.go.com/Business/amazon-r...tter_abcn1

The same kind of vile material exists on every social media platform. Amazon can certainly afford to plant evidence using an untraceable Chinese bot if the want to do so. This is nothing but fake outrage to justify censorship of millions of conservatives. The goal is intimidation and suppression of free speech. If Amazon, Twitter, and Google were serious about ridding social media of violent rhetoric, then they would remove it from their own platforms.

they are...hence banning of Trump, Qanon, and other right wing hate that has been tolerated too long. 

Do you even follow the news?  These companies have been enforcing their own rules since last week’s treason.  It’s about time.  Right wing conservatives have received a free pass for far too long.
(01-14-2021, 01:24 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:

they are...hence banning of Trump, Qanon, and other right wing hate that has been tolerated too long. 

Do you even follow the news?  These companies have been enforcing their own rules since last week’s treason.  It’s about time.  Right wing conservatives have received a free pass for far too long.
Have the Iranian mullahs accounts been removed? How about Antifa and Black Lives Matters accounts? If they removed accounts for truly hateful speech, there would be very few liberal accounts left. Most conservatives have migrated from those platforms voluntarily because we know censorship and political persecution when we see it. Fox News has dropped from being the top rated news network on cable TV to a distant third place because millions of conservatives have abandoned it after its lurch to the political left.

Liberals' efforts to violate the First Amendment rights of conservatives and Trump supporters will not succeed because conservatives outnumber liberals by a wide margin. There is a market for a free speech platform and Gab.com is filling that void in the marketplace. The popularity of NewsMax and OANN have boomed since conservatives launched a boycott of Fox.

I just don't get all of the cheerleading by people like you. Do you really want to live in a totalitarian society where only one viewpoint may be freely expressed by American citizens?
(01-14-2021, 01:36 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

Have the Iranian mullahs accounts been removed? How about Antifa and Black Lives Matters accounts? If they removed accounts for truly hateful speech, there would be very few liberal accounts left. Most conservatives have migrated from those platforms voluntarily because we know censorship and political persecution when we see it. Fox News has dropped from being the top rated news network on cable TV to a distant third place because millions of conservatives have abandoned it after its lurch to the political left.

Liberals' efforts to violate the First Amendment rights of conservatives and Trump supporters will not succeed because conservatives outnumber liberals by a wide margin. There is a market for a free speech platform and Gab.com is filling that void in the marketplace. The popularity of NewsMax and OANN have boomed since conservatives launched a boycott of Fox.

I just don't get all of the cheerleading by people like you. Do you really want to live in a totalitarian society where only one viewpoint may be freely expressed by American citizens?
Conservatives wouldn't know censorship if it smacked them in the face.  Just like that Qnut wearing a censored mask as she spoke on the floor of Congress.  

The tech companies are way behind on enforcing their rules.  Maybe they will get to Iran mullahs and Antifa and BLM.  BUT the terrorists of most importance are the ones trying to overthrow the US govt.  

Where do you get your facts? 49% percent of the nation leans Democrat and 44% leans Republican. That's prior to Trump's insurrection.   

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/20...-religion/

FWIW, I'd love for the Trump fever to break and get Republicans back in the world of sanity.
(01-14-2021, 02:55 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:

Conservatives wouldn't know censorship if it smacked them in the face.  Just like that Qnut wearing a censored mask as she spoke on the floor of Congress.  

The tech companies are way behind on enforcing their rules.  Maybe they will get to Iran mullahs and Antifa and BLM.  BUT the terrorists of most importance are the ones trying to overthrow the US govt.  

Where do you get your facts? 49% percent of the nation leans Democrat and 44% leans Republican. That's prior to Trump's insurrection.   

FWIW, I'd love for the Trump fever to break and get Republicans back in the world of sanity.

Left wing loons are vastly outnumbered by conservatives. That is why Fox News channel was far and away the most popular cable news network until the young Murdocks and Paul Ryan decided to inject their liberal bias into the network. Any company that ignores the conservative market does so at its own peril.

Quote:Gallup: Americans' Ideology, 37% Conservative, 24% Liberal, 35% Moderate
10 January, 2020
(01-14-2021, 03:07 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 12:41 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: The same kind of vile material exists on every social media platform. Amazon can certainly afford to plant evidence using an untraceable Chinese bot if the want to do so. This is nothing but fake outrage to justify censorship of millions of conservatives. The goal is intimidation and suppression of free speech. If Amazon, Twitter, and Google were serious about ridding social media of violent rhetoric, then they would remove it from their own platforms.

Left wing loons are vastly outnumbered by conservatives. That is why Fox News channel was far and away the most popular cable news network until the young Murdocks and Paul Ryan decided to inject their liberal bias into the network. Any company that ignores the conservative market does so at its own peril.

10 January, 2020
Big Grin Big Grin

A lot has happened since January 2020.   Confused Dodgy

Freakin' treasonous left wing loons trying to overthrow the govt.   Woah Woah
(01-14-2021, 03:13 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 03:07 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 01:24 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: they are...hence banning of Trump, Qanon, and other right wing hate that has been tolerated too long. 

10 January, 2020
Big Grin Big Grin

You're right, a lot has happened in the past year. Antifa and BLM thugs have rioted, looted, burned, and conquered some very liberal parts of this country and that was followed by a rigged election of a racist, elderly traitor. Liberals have done nothing to endear themselves to the American people and are now trying to impeach and remove a president from office after his term expires out of fear of what the electorate will do in 2024.  Big Grin
(01-14-2021, 03:48 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [quote pid="2298946" dateline="1610648015"]
Big Grin Big Grin

You're right, a lot has happened in the past year. Antifa and BLM thugs have rioted, looted, burned, and conquered some very liberal parts of this country and that was followed by a rigged election of a racist, elderly traitor. Liberals have done nothing to endear themselves to the American people and are now trying to impeach and remove a president from office after his term expires out of fear of what the electorate will do in 2024.  Big Grin
[/quote]

Ummm....you're leaving a few details out there, Hoot.  

Are those the same thugs that attacked the US Capitol looking to murder Congressmen and the VP?  Is that the same elderly racist, traitor that told them to march on the Capitol and fight?  

Trump can't win without social media to rot the brains of American citizens, so it doesn't matter if Senate Republicans grow a backbone or not Trump won't run or win in 2024.  What masochist would want to return to this administration?  
Don't answer, Hoot...I already know.
(01-14-2021, 05:03 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 03:48 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [quote pid="2298946" dateline="1610648015"]
Big Grin Big Grin

You're right, a lot has happened in the past year. Antifa and BLM thugs have rioted, looted, burned, and conquered some very liberal parts of this country and that was followed by a rigged election of a racist, elderly traitor. Liberals have done nothing to endear themselves to the American people and are now trying to impeach and remove a president from office after his term expires out of fear of what the electorate will do in 2024.   Big Grin

Ummm....you're leaving a few details out there, Hoot.  

Are those the same thugs that attacked the US Capitol looking to murder Congressmen and the VP?  Is that the same elderly racist, traitor that told them to march on the Capitol and fight?  

Trump can't win without social media to rot the brains of American citizens, so it doesn't matter if Senate Republicans grow a backbone or not Trump won't run or win in 2024.  What masochist would want to return to this administration?  
Don't answer, Hoot...I already know.
[/quote]

Nope. A handful of rioters don't wipe out the memory, fear, and property damage of months of civil unrest and crime sprees by Democrat supporters, as liberal mayors ordered police officers to stand idly by and watch. You don't actually believe that liberals in this country outnumber conservatives, do you? They don't. Your opinion is one of a minority that includes well under 30 percent of the population. Big Grin
Big Grin

That’s some nonsense.

It is a nice try to equate the two, but you can’t equate treason and protests that turned violent. Treason and sedition. Let that one sink in ...Treason and sedition against the United States of America.

My Pew poll was from October yours was from January.

But you are always right. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
(01-14-2021, 07:40 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Big Grin

That’s some nonsense.

It is a nice try to equate the two, but you can’t equate treason and protests that turned violent.  Treason and sedition.  Let that one sink in ...Treason and sedition against the United States of America.

You never answered my question. Do you actually believe that liberals outnumber conservatives in this country? Are you that out of touch with reality?
(01-14-2021, 08:05 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

That’s some nonsense.

It is a nice try to equate the two, but you can’t equate treason and protests that turned violent.  Treason and sedition.  Let that one sink in ...Treason and sedition against the United States of America.

You never answered my question. Do you actually believe that liberals outnumber conservatives in this country? Are you that out of touch with reality?
Democrats outnumber Republicans...left leaning independents outnumber right leaning independents, so using that data.  I’m saying yes.  

I am comfortable being out of touch with your reality.  You live in another dimension. Big Grin
(01-14-2021, 08:14 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 08:05 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

That’s some nonsense.

Democrats outnumber Republicans...left leaning independents outnumber right leaning independents, so using that data.  I’m saying yes.  

I am comfortable being out of touch with your reality.  You live in another dimension. Big Grin
There is only one reality and you are out of touch with it. Here are the facts for everybody else. More people self identify as conservatives than liberals by a wide margin. That is a fact.

Quote:[Image: https://content.gallup.com/origin/gallup..._cdqig.png]

These results differ from Gallup's midyear report in June, which showed that conservative identification was waning. After reaching an unusually high 40% in January and February, the percentage "conservative" fell to 34% in May and June. However, it subsequently rose to 36% in the second half of the year, resulting in the average 36% identifying as conservative for 2020 as a whole.

The 2020 results are based on combined data from 18 separate Gallup polls conducted between January and December, encompassing interviews with more than 18,000 U.S. adults.

The 11-percentage-point lead for conservatives over liberals in 2020 is on par with Americans' ideological leanings between 2014 and 2019, when the lead averaged 12 points. Conservatives' edge had been in the mid- to high teens for the few years before that and had averaged 20 points from 1992 to 2005.

Americans' Political Ideology Held Steady in 2020
Big Grin

Sounds like they’re having an Identity crisis.

All those conservative Democrats out there.

I am proud you used a reliable source, Congrats Hoot!!
(01-14-2021, 09:58 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Big Grin

You are allowing all of those ghost Biden voters blind you to the truth. Liberals are badly outnumbered by conservatives and have been for decades, as Gallup's surveys have consistently shown. There are still many moderate and center right Democrats who do not pay much attention to politics. The radical left wing policies of China Joe and his socialist President-in-waiting will likely awake them to the true nature of the Democrat Party.

My wife spoke too a young Hispanic woman who works at our favorite Mexican restaurant yesterday. She shared that the business is struggling and they are worried that another round of lock downs will put them out of business. Democrat policies are destroying small businesses in this country and if Biden tries to federalize those policies, Democrats' control of the House and Senate will last exactly two years. People who work hard to support their families deserve better than to be shutdown by politicians who believe that they are creating Democrat voters by turning them into welfare recipients. They want jobs, not more handouts.
(01-15-2021, 01:56 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

You are allowing all of those ghost Biden voters blind you to the truth. Liberals are badly outnumbered by conservatives and have been for decades, as Gallup's surveys have consistently shown. There are still many moderate and center right Democrats who do not pay much attention to politics. The radical left wing policies of China Joe and his socialist President-in-waiting will likely awake them to the true nature of the Democrat Party.

My wife spoke too a young Hispanic woman who works at our favorite Mexican restaurant yesterday. She shared that the business is struggling and they are worried that another round of lock downs will put them out of business. Democrat policies are destroying small businesses in this country and if Biden tries to federalize those policies, Democrats' control of the House and Senate will last exactly two years. People who work hard to support their families deserve better than to be shutdown by politicians who believe that they are creating Democrat voters by turning them into welfare recipients. They want jobs, not more handouts.

These people are conservatives like Republicans say they hate socialism. 

Your favorite conservative policies have destroyed main street even prior to Covid.  A losing trade war with China, a tax plan that favored the rich, and adding trillions to the national debt for frivolous projects...oh and lets not forget attempts to derail healthcare for America.  

When you go issue for issue, Americans aren't Conservative.  

As to business shutdowns, that block has been circled 1000s of times, but I do hope that we will have an administration that will focus on public health in order to open public schools and the public economy.  The only weapon state and local governments had to slow the spread was close businesses.  A better response in Testing, Contact Tracing, and Vaccinating will allow businesses to open at full strength. 

Now that the liars and obstructionists are gone America can start to heal from the destruction of COVID and join the other first world nations.

And to the thread topic...Social Media failed us on Covid.  The lies and deniers hampered effective reaction to the pandemic.  Social Media allowed the politicization of a pandemic to permeate all discussion; instead of,  doing what they are doing now with seditionists.  How many could have been saved if they would have enforced their rules in March and April; how many businesses would still be running; and how many kids would be in school?
(01-15-2021, 12:09 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:

Your favorite conservative policies have destroyed main street even prior to Covid.  A losing trade war with China, a tax plan that favored the rich, and adding trillions to the national debt for frivolous projects...oh and lets not forget attempts to derail healthcare for America.  

As to business shutdowns, that block has been circled 1000s of times, but I do hope that we will have an administration that will focus on public health in order to open public schools and the public economy.  The only weapon state and local governments had to slow the spread was close businesses.  A better response in Testing, Contact Tracing, and Vaccinating will allow businesses to open at full strength. 

Now that the liars and obstructionists are gone America can start to heal from the destruction of COVID and join the other first world nations.

And to the thread topic...Social Media failed us on Covid.  The lies and deniers hampered effective reaction to the pandemic.  Social Media allowed the politicization of a pandemic to permeate all discussion; instead of,  doing what they are doing now with seditionists.  How many could have been saved if they would have enforced their rules in March and April; how many businesses would still be running; and how many kids would be in school?
I love watching liberals squirm. You were wrong. Conservatives far outnumber liberals in this country. Accept the facts for what they are and concede the truth.

I do not and have never considered Trump a conservative. I wish that he was more conservative but I vote for the most conservative candidate that is available on the ballot who has a chance of winning. That candidate was clearly Trump over Hillary and Trump over Biden. The fact that Trump is not all that conservative in some areas does not change the fact that you are badly outnumbered by American citizens who self identify as conservatives. Concede. This is not an argument that you can win because the facts are all on my side.  Big Grin
(01-15-2021, 12:28 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(01-15-2021, 12:09 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:

I love watching liberals squirm. You were wrong. Conservatives far outnumber liberals in this country. Accept the facts for what they are and concede the truth.

I do not and have never considered Trump a conservative. I wish that he was more conservative but I vote for the most conservative candidate that is available on the ballot who has a chance of winning. That candidate was clearly Trump over Hillary and Trump over Biden. The fact that Trump is not all that conservative in some areas does not change the fact that you are badly outnumbered by American citizens who self identify as conservatives. Concede. This is not an argument that you can win because the facts are all on my side.  Big Grin
No squirming here. 

This is just a poll  where people were asked if they were conservative, liberal, or moderate. 

But more Americans are leaning Democratic (I imagine that number to skyrocket after the next 6 months of criminal trials); how do those two polls coexist?  

Can Americans support more liberal than conservative values and still call themselves conservatives?  Seems so.  
Just like Republicans and conservatives say they hate Socialism, but they love it and live it everyday.