Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey, Grandpa! What's fer Dinner? (or breakfast or lunch)
(06-14-2022, 06:39 AM)Westside Wrote: I don't eat dinner\supper regularly anymore.  I went about four years or so without eating meat as I was experiencing major stomach issues which led me to limit my diet to a handful of foods and very gradually reintroduce them through trial and error. I know this is a bit off topic, but I usually have frozen blue berries and maybe an orange, if I have them, for breakfast.  About four hours later i will have a couple turkey burgers or grilled chicken breast with cheese on light bread, a plain baked potato, and sometimes a few green beans for lunch.  The green beans are frozen which doesn't have great taste, but I eat them so I can say I ate some green vegetables.  If I have dinner, it's usually a protein bar or two with a table spoon or so of natural peanut butter. 

To answer your question, no the pandemic really hasn't changed my eating habits.  The answer to your second question can obviously be found above.  I must say that the rising cost of groceries has me second guessing some of my food choices.

I haven't eaten out or had take about in at least five years.  Outside of the Japanese steakhouse in Pikeville, which I have never eaten at, I really doubt anything close to the type of food you're eating can be found around my area.
It sounds like you are eating a very healthy diet. I would probably be better off if I wasn't using DoorDash so much. I counted over 700 restaurants and stores that are within my DoorDash delivery range.

Yesterday, I had three shrimp tacos with slices of avocado for lunch, along with a fresh mango. I have cut back some on my delivery orders because prices have been rising and I feel guilty if I don't tip generously to help pay for the drivers' gas.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Hey, Grandpa! What's fer Dinner? (or breakfast or lunch) - by Hoot Gibson - 06-16-2022, 07:18 PM