Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nw 2013 Middle School State Champtions
Alright, I will start this thread now. The 2013 small school state champions will be the Mayfield Cardinals. That is as long as their coaching staff will allow them to enter the tournament. I have heard rumor that the coaching staff is thinking about not putting them into the tournament this year. I don't know why that would be, but that is what I heard. If it is for money issues, I don't think they should worry. There are too many of us die hard fans that would support it.

The facts are this team was undefeated last season and regional champions. They did not get to enter the tournament though. This year they have played last years regional runners up in 4a Lone Oak and then followed with 2a Murray. They have outscored their opponents 92-0. This was even with the seventh grade playing a lot due to the scores.

Last year I was a little skeptical because they were loaded with linemen type and had about 3-4 skill types. That is not the case this year. They have added 2 skill types from last years 8th grade team and one lineman from that same team. If you think I am full of it, get a copy of their schedule and come watch. These kids are destroying the competition, not just beating them. They hit like football teams of old school smashmouth football. They have former standout Danny Kirby's son running the ball and he could even be better than dad before it is all said and done.

They have 11 running around decleating people on almost every play. They have a qb that can throw 40 yds or run for 60, you take your pick. They have a defensive line that plays in their opponents backfields more than their own backs do. It is great to be a Cardinal now and look at the talent coming up, class after class.

I will say it now for the doubters, go ahead and mock me. I know you will, until you see this team in person. Then you will realize that maybe, just maybe, I know a little about football.
Messages In This Thread
Nw 2013 Middle School State Champtions - by mysonis55 - 08-15-2013, 09:51 PM