Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Made the wife look 60 years old with video.
[YOUTUBE="aging"]QPgy7S26SNQ[/YOUTUBE]

Link to full tutorial can be found here.

http://www.paintshopblog.com/2008/12/03/...-shop-pro/
I'm sure your wife will appreciate this one. lol
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I'm sure your wife will appreciate this one. lol

:o She said she look like a witch..The boys said she look just like mamaw, Big Grin my wife's mom.
How long did it actually take you to complete this?
Jshort5 Wrote:How long did it actually take you to complete this?

The actual transformation work in PSP took about 30 minutes. Putting the step by step tutorial and video together on my other site took me about 5 hours. Sad
torQQue Wrote:The actual transformation work in PSP took about 30 minutes. Putting the step by step tutorial and video together on my other site took me about 5 hours. Sad

Wow. Thats some dedication. You do good work QQ.I give you this. :1: Smile
Jshort5 Wrote:Wow. Thats some dedication. You do good work QQ.I give you this. :1: Smile

I appreciate the compliment. I find it enjoyable, plus it's somewhat of a productive hobby. :o I say somewhat because some of the tutorials I post
at http://www.paintshopblog.com take 6 or 7 hours to put together. That at times can get a little stressful. However, I think it's worth it though. Many people find them very beneficial and are appreciative that I provide such detailed and thorough tutorials.
The photoshop program itself is pretty expensive. Thats the reason I don't use it.
I did find a program similiar to photoshop, though.
Paint.net
Its pretty good, and free, for what I use it for...
Jshort5 Wrote:The photoshop program itself is pretty expensive. Thats the reason I don't use it.
I did find a program similiar to photoshop, though.
Paint.net
Its pretty good, and free, for what I use it for...

Yes, it is. I use Paint Shop Pro. They are very similar, for example, brushes and plugins are interchangeable. Paint shop pro also supports psd photoshop files.

However, Photoshop is the industry standard, it's more mainstream. Actually, the programs are actually very similar except for price. If you can use one, you can use the other. Most of the toolsets, effects, and even terminology are the same. I can look at almost any Photoshop tutorial and complete it with Paint Shop. That's how similar they are.

Photoshop does offer features that Paint Shop Pro doesn't. For example, Photoshop supports 3d layers and Paint Shop Pro doesn't. For an everyday graphics hobbiest, Paint Shop Pro is more than sufficient.

The latest version of Paint Shop Pro is X2, and it usually cost less than 100 dollars. I have seen it on Amazon for as little as 70 in the past. You can find the older versions like X and XI on Ebay for 30 bux. I think the latest version of Photoshop is CS4, and it probably set you back about 500 dollars or more.

Btw, you can download fully functional 30 day trial of Paint Shop Pro at this link to see try it, before you buy it.
http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite?p...5406&lc=en
Well....I guess the bright side would be that all her life you could keep her looking 29!!!LOL