Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEKC Grid at Boyd County
8th grade
Boyd County 22 Wurtland 6
Russell 14 East Carter 14

7th grade
Russell 0 East Carter 0

Both East Carter teams had huge offensive lines.

Lawrence County was getting ready to play Coal Grove OH in an 8th grade game when I left.
Great Job Russell.... Stay tough !!!!!!!!!!!!
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Some standouts from the Russell/East Carter 8th grade matchup:

On offense Dylan Howard and Austin Hunt. Both had some nice runs. Number 23 from East Carter was the best RB there. Very quick. Like trying to catch a water bug.

On defense Gage Stevens really stepped up and made some big plays. He is just learning the game of football but his interception down around the goalling changed the game.

From the Russell/East 7th grade game.

Defensively Mac Boggs of Russell was a man among boys. As was big number 63 from East Carter.

Offensively both teams struggled to get anything going. Both teams still seemed to be searching to see who can block and who the playmakers are going to be. The defense for both teams was way ahead of the offense. That should come in time though.
Mason co. 7th & 8th lost to Morgan co. they have a good 8th grade team
Morgans team at this age is very good. I have seen them play a couple of years ago and they dominated then too. I can only imagine what they are like now.
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Does anyone know what bowl Ashland is having for 7th & 8TH Grade.I think it's next weekend. And Who is in it?